Good books?

Options
Do you have any recommendations for good books for me to read regarding fitness?
THANK YOU, :flowerforyou:
sue

Replies

• tinasullens
    tinasullens Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Anything by Jillian Michaels. She tells it like it is and keeps it easy to understand.

Just a side note: a good book to read for anyone with a goal is "Failing Forward" by John C. Maxwell. It has helped me SO much to realize that mistakes aren't the end of the world. That I can still succeed as long as I don't accept mistakes as failures.
  • cjm0014
    cjm0014 Posts: 118
    Options
    thanks for the ideas!
  • wettak
    wettak Posts: 16
    Options
    Anything by Jillian Michaels. She tells it like it is and keeps it easy to understand.

Just a side note: a good book to read for anyone with a goal is "Failing Forward" by John C. Maxwell. It has helped me SO much to realize that mistakes aren't the end of the world. That I can still succeed as long as I don't accept mistakes as failures.

Antoher good book for anyone with a goal is The Traveler's Gift. Great Book!
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    I love the YOU books by Dr. Oz & Dr. Roizen. I'm working my way through YOU The Owners Manual now. It's a beast of a book, but it's the info of a medical textbook in laymans terms with practical information. It's awesome! There is also YOU On A Diet.
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    One of my absolute favorites is "The Courage to Start" by John Bingham. It's about his journey from being obese to running marathons. It's very inspirational and motivating.
  • cjm0014
    cjm0014 Posts: 118
    Options
    I LIKE you signature! I am going to steal it for my inspirational note card stack, if thats okay!:flowerforyou:
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I LIKE you signature! I am going to steal it for my inspirational note card stack, if thats okay!:flowerforyou:

My signature?? That's fine by me...I stole it from my doctor. He has that posted in his office :)
  • DrKloctopussy
    Options
    If you are interested in a free ebook that explains the basics pretty clearly, check out Brain Over Brawn: http://brainoverbrawn.com/?page_id=21

(it is really free you don't have to sign up for anything, just right-click and save as)