No Idea Why Im Gaining!!!! Really Need Help Urgently!

Options
So heres the gist of it

I have for the last few months been eating about 1000cal a day, with about 12 g of fat per day, ad i lost about 10 pounds
The last week or two i have been eating about 900cal a day, some days even only 600-800cal a day, but have increased my intake of good fats so i now have about 30-40g of fat per day (only about 3g of this is sat fat), and my protein intake has gone up a little bit too, but my carbs are pretty low
I work out twice each day, burning about 700-800cal
But the last week or two ive gained weight! Why is this!!! Is it because the fat intake has increased? But they were good fats right?
Am i not exercising enough?
Am i not eating the right amount?
Part of me thinks that it coulld be the nutorious and ever-debated 'starvation mode' which makes me wonder if i should eat more, but then i think 'what if its because im eating too much!' so then i think mayeb i should be eating less????

I am really really confused and dont know what to do with my diet!
I dont know which move is the right one and which one is just going to make it worse! Please can somebody help!!!
Can any body explain what is happenning????!!!!

Replies

• dcurzon
    dcurzon Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    You changed your diet and its not working out for you... So go back to what you were doing before! It was obviously working
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I can't see your diary but it sounds like you are starving yourself and storing everything as fat. Make your diary public and everyone can better help you.
  • lola111111
    Options
    I just made my diary public PLEASE LOOK AT IT SO SOMEBODY CAN HELP!!!!
  • tishka11
    Options
    Is that what you eat every day?
  • CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I see you also burn exactly the same 804 cals in exercise each of the 3 days you have filled out your diary.

You haven't given any info about yourself. Your weight, how long you have been logging on MFP, your lifestyle etc. It's not really possible to be much help without this info. You could be 4ft 9 and 90lb or 6ft5 and 300lb for all we know.

Is there a reason you only have 3 days logged and you have given no info about yourself?
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Wheres the popcorn
  • lola111111
    Options
    I AM NOT A TROLL!

This is legitimately what i eat every day! I know ligically i can look at the calories and see that they are low...but this recent weight gain has made me a little bit scared to increase the amount of food because im worried i will gain more weight.
    I honestly just dont know if its the increase in fat (even though they are good fats) and thus whether i should stay with what i have but eat more, or change what ive been eating so there is less fat, but still eat more
    Why do you just assume im a troll? I dont really know what that is...but im assuming you think its a fake question or something

Im sorry if its offended anyone, but i just thought someone might have some better knowledge on this whole fat/protein intake thing, and the amounts i should be eating and i didnt know who else to ask and i dont really want to decrease what im eating already out of fear because i cant see that ending well

But i am not a troll!
  • lola111111
    Options
    My stats are:

height - 5' 8.5 inches
    weight - 104 pounds
    age - 20
    gender - female

Basically, i have been logging in for longer on a different account but i didnt want my friends to know what i ate every day, so i made this account to let people see it without my friends knowing it was me
  • calisunrise
    Options
    You are not eating enough. And fat is not what makes you fat (haha), especially the good fats.
    To be honest, you need to GAIN weight instead of losing it.
  • phynyxfyre
    phynyxfyre Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    How to figure out if you are starving yourself: Google BMR. Calculate it on a convenient site. Are you eating less than that number? Scold yourself and grab a greek yogurt or something to munch on.

Edit to add: you need to be eating at LEAST 1326 calories based on your age height and weight. Also, your BMI is quite low and I am now wondering if there is something else that is causing you to diet.... Peer pressure, eating disorder, poor self image, depression, revenge...???? Healthy is sexy. Skeletons are not.
  • CarolynB38
    Options
    *sighs*

Hun, you either need help because you have an eating disorder or you need help because you have nothing better to do other than troll this site where real people are having real struggles to get to a healthy weight.

Either way I hope you get the help you clearly need.
  • Tpain86
    Tpain86 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    There are multiple reasons that you can gain a bit of weight here and there. The amount of water you are holding, stress, hormones, and much much more. Not to mention a weight gain can be muscle gain. You need to be less worried about your weight and more focused on how you are looking. A way more accurate way to track "fitness" would be measurements and do body fat pinch tests. The weight is merely a number. And without knowing a whole lot about you, I would say you need to add in the calories you are loosing from cardio. If you are already at a caloric deficit, you will be loosing body fat anyway (notice I said body fat not weight)
  • tishka11
    Options
    *sighs*

Hun, you either need help because you have an eating disorder or you need help because you have nothing better to do other than troll this site where real people are having real struggles to get to a healthy weight.

Thats a bit unfair...she is clearly having a 'real struggle to get to a healthy weight' ... its just coming from the opposite direction :S
  • Salkeela
    Salkeela Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    My stats are:

height - 5' 8.5 inches
    weight - 104 pounds
    age - 20
    gender - female

Basically, i have been logging in for longer on a different account but i didnt want my friends to know what i ate every day, so i made this account to let people see it without my friends knowing it was me

Your BMI is 15.7 You need to gain weight to get into a healthy range. Healthy BMI range = 18,5 - 25.

For your height you should not weigh less than 8st 11lb (which is 123lb)

Edit to add: http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/tools/bmi_calculator/bmi.shtml
  • CarolynB38
    Options
    *sighs*

Thats a bit unfair...she is clearly having a 'real struggle to get to a healthy weight' ... its just coming from the opposite direction :S

That's why I said "either"..."or" :wink: Even though this could be a troll, there is always the chance this is a real person with an eating disorder/image problem. I hope for their sake that they don't have an eating disorder or image problem. It's not an easy ride coming back from that.
  • Tpain86
    Options
    My stats are:

height - 5' 8.5 inches
    weight - 104 pounds
    age - 20
    gender - female

Your BMI is 15.7 You need to gain weight to get into a healthy range. Healthy BMI range = 18,5 - 25.

I would use caution in using some of these formulas in calculating what healthy weights are for certain people. We are all different and some one who is under weight, could potentially still be in bad shape and high BF %. Or in my own personal case my BMI is 27.5 putting me in the "over" range. I should weigh 132lbs-180lbs. I weigh currently 197lbs @ 12% BF. Not unhealthy by any means.
  • sandip69
    Options
    Either you are a troll or have a major eating disorder. Either way, you need help. I'm voting troll in which case you're really sad
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    My stats are:

height - 5' 8.5 inches
    weight - 104 pounds
    age - 20
    gender - female

I would use caution in using some of these formulas in calculating what healthy weights are for certain people. We are all different and some one who is under weight, could potentially still be in bad shape and high BF %. Or in my own personal case my BMI is 27.5 putting me in the "over" range. I should weigh 132lbs-180lbs. I weigh currently 197lbs @ 12% BF. Not unhealthy by any means.

Not really aplicable logic for a woman claiming to be 5 8 weighing just over 100lb and still wanting to lose.

When wishing to post cleverly, it is always best to think first.
  • Tpain86
    Options
    My stats are:

height - 5' 8.5 inches
    weight - 104 pounds
    age - 20
    gender - female

Not really aplicable logic for a woman claiming to be 5 8 weighing just over 100lb and still wanting to lose.

When wishing to post cleverly, it is always best to think first.

Well in "thinking" about those who use these formulas and specific weight ranges and try to fit into them, I am simply pointing out their flaws.
    Myself as an example was merely to show how cookie cutter calculators do not always produce the correct answer. I have had many clients that on paper, look like they should be healthy or gaining weight. When in reality, they needed to gain weight yes, but the weight they did have was very high BF content, coupled with high blood pressure and cholesterol. My overall point still being, don't be stuck on the numbers on the scale. Look at the body as a whole, and assess your "fitness"