Need help for a big weekend ahead!!!

Options
So this weekend coming I've got a bunch of my girly friends coming up to visit me for the weekend. They're coming up on Friday evening and then probably leaving Sunday lunchtime in that period we'll be going to a Christmas market, going out for lunch at a greek restaurant and going out in the evening time to a few bars (which means probably quite a few alcoholic drinks).

I know I need to exercise to accomodate these extra calories I'm going to consume over the weekend, but the only problem is, is that I'm back to work tomorrow and I work long days where I'm out of the house at 7a.m and don't get back home til 7-8pm due to commuting and this leaves me with no time to get to the gym during the weekdays.

So I was wondering whether it's a good idea to "bank" some calories everyday from now until Thurs (so maybe having a dalily calorie intake of around 1000-1100 instead of my usual 1325) which will allow me to not stress and worry about what I consume at the weekend????

Is this a good idea or would my body end up going into starvation mode?

Replies

• pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I sometimes do that. Just don't make it a habit, especially if it means eating below your BMR.
  • charl2712
    charl2712 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Well usually I hit my daily calorie allowance of 1325-1400 everyday and rarely eat under 1200cals as don't want to go into starvation mode (Even sometimes meaning I'm having to force myself to eat extra calories when not hungry so I don't go into starvation Mode), but it's just a one-off as it's a group of friends I've not seen in ages and the only reason I'm considering doing this is just because it's near impossible for me to get to the gym before Friday. I'm just worried and wanted peoples' opinions just because I've never eaten 5 days in a row so under my calorie allowance and don't want to enter starvation mode and slow my weightloss, when I've been doing so well.
  • flechero
    flechero Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    you could always workout early..... I get up at 4:15 on weight days.

But for a special weekend, I would worry about it after the fact.... if you "bank" too many cals ahead of time, you'll be weak and the alcohol will mess you up worse and that will lead into other issues. I try to make the best choices I can while eating out and drink responsibly... sure you may put on a pound but that's good motivation for the following week's workouts. Just be cognizant of the fact that the scale will probably jump a few pounds from water weight... if I have a couple meals out I gain several pounds of water (from all the sodium) that goes away after a day or two.

Go have fun with friends, you said it was a special weekend- those don't come around often enough so allow yourself to enjoy the time and friends.
  • onehurt
    onehurt Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry too much about it..... Just have your fun and realize that you will lose a day or 2 on the losing thing! I have this happen fairly often, probably gonna happen today (Thanksgiving at the in-laws, and Thursday on my side) So tomorrow I will just get back at it and by next weekend hopefully I will be back where I am today or a little less! That is usually how it works for me when "I fall off the wagon"

Mark
  • charl2712
    charl2712 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for your advice everyone! ometimes I wish I could have the motivation to get up earlier and work out during the weekdays and I'm probably making excuses but the job I have is very taxing on me physically. I work in an operating theatre and I'm literally on my feet, running around pushing trolleys and patient's, postioning them etc... for 9 and a half hours every day, then have an hours commute back home and that alone makes me knackered (also the fact that I work with the anaesthetist so often you do end up getting slightly anaesthetised by the escaping anaesthetic gases and that makes you sleepy).

I'm going to go to the gym on Friday before my friends come up and do my usual workout (usually for around 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours burning 1000 cals+) and then just try and make healthy choices when I'm out and then really hit the gym hard the following week and get back to my usual eating.