Peanut Butter?

Options

Replies

• meaustin1
    meaustin1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Life with out peanut butter just isnt worth living!!! I love PB on a english muffin! I use the high fiber english muffins. Between the protein in the PB & the fiber in the muffin, my tummy and taste buds are happy!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I eat either peanuts and/or peanut butter every day. To say it's "fattening" is no correct. It's healthy and good for you.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Dont think of PB as a good protein source. The protein per cal is way too low for that. But its yum, the fats are good ones, eat it if you like it just fit it in. But when it comes to getting protein in theres lots of ways to get more bang for your buck.

It's all three macros in one! That's what makes it awesome!
  • RockJock11
    Options
    Almond butter on celery, YUM!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    How much do you eat? Isn't that the important question for lots of healthy, calorie dense items?
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I'm having some organic crunchy peanut butter mixed with honey right now, dredging apple slices through it. Yummy!

That sounds soooo good
  • ladybugcoupons
    Options
    Some grocery stores (like Publix) will grind and sell their own peanut butter. I also like Peter Pan "Whipped" - it has less calories and is easier to spred on toast. If I'm in a hurry, one spoonful with a piece of fruit is a great "tide me over" snack.
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I have portion control issues with full containers of peanut butter, but pb2 is a good enough alternative for me!

PB2 is a healthier option to get the taste w/o the temptation, i use sunflower nut butter due to allergies!
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Keep the peanut butter! It's good for you and it's yummy. Just put one tablespoon on toast or even on apple slices. REALLY yummy!
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Its a source of healthy fats that is easy and cheap, not to mention delicious, and comes with the added bonus of protein. Just remember that its around 100 calories a tablespoon so keep it at 1 serving and buy the natural/no sugar type. That said if I'm trying to lose real weight I cut way down on it and only use it after long runs.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    peanut butter FTW! when cutting , when bulking ... its a clean fat , stick to the peanut butter with no added sugar and salt . dont drop the peanut butter embrace natures goodness ;)
  • jgoergen707
    jgoergen707 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Try the PB2. It is a powder but you can reconstitute. It's about 1/2 the cals of peanut butter. Here are the stats:Ingredients Roasted peanuts, sugar, and salt
    Serving Size 2 Tablespoons (12g)
    Servings Per Container 37
    Calories 45
    Calories From Fat 13
    Total Fat 1.5g (2%)
    Saturated Fat 0g (0%)
    Trans Fat <0.01g
    Polyunsaturated Fat No
    Monounsaturated Fat No
    Cholesterol <0.01mg (0%)
    Sodium 94mg (4%)
    Total Carbohydrates 5g (2%)
    Dietary Fiber 2g (8%)
    Sugars 1g
    Protein 5g
    Vitamin A <1%
    Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium <1%
    Iron 0%
  • pouncepet
    pouncepet Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Keep Peanut Butter! Its delicious, nutrient and calorie dense (good for me because eating too much makes me feel ill even if I havent reached my calories for the day).

Not to mention - Good fats and Protein! Yay!

Get Natural Sugar Free Peanut Butter to maximise caloric value and eliminate empty calories. Also, do take note of portion - defeats the purpose of keeping PB only to eat half a jar a sitting (which I know can be super tempting sometimes)

*muches on celery topped with Sugar free PB *nomnomnom*
  • kyleecarroll
    kyleecarroll Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have personally cut Peanut Butter out, for all intensive purposes, of my diet. Here's why: It is a lot of calories, for not a lot of food. Of course, you are welcome to keep it, as long as you fit it in to your caloric window. But because I have so few calories in any given day, I tend to focus on foods that give me a better "bang for the buck".
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    You might want to try almond butter. A bit more healthy.
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I have the no added sugar etc one, it is literally a tub of mashed peanuts, You have to stir it before using it btu its great :D aslong as its measured out theres no harm in having it, I use it has a little protein boost :)
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Keep the peanut butter-- just make sure you're measuring it accurately.
  • Jo5ie
    Jo5ie Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    PB2 all the way!! It has all the taste and texture but without the fat. I am so hooked on it!! You can get it on ebay. It's pricey at £7 a jar but worth it.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Keep it!! Peanut Butter used to be my nemesis...it turned me into a pig and I could not. stop. eating. it! So I cut it out of my diet, pretty much swore I would never eat peanut butter again. That was in January...by September I'd realized that I could control myself with ALL foods so I gave it try. And guess what, I had learned to control myself!

I often have peanut butter now, a tablespoon or two at a time. Really, that's all you need for a decent sandwich.
  • glitteredgrave
    glitteredgrave Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    All this talk about peanut butter...

BRB :tongue: