How do YOU satisfy your sweet tooth!

Options

Replies

• truckers_wife
    Options
    Atkins snack bars. No, I am not on the Atkins Diet, but the snack bars are yummy, low in cals, and carbs
  • DaphneAtx
    Options
    The more sweets I eat, the more I want, so I stay away completely. I eat grapes when I want something sweet.
  • TinkerbelleJ
    TinkerbelleJ Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Today I had ice cream! Yesterday I had some mango milkshake, and I eat candy too :D Today I shared with my bf this new Mars bar that just had the caramel and chocolate from the regular Mars bar, it was jummy! After that we took a walk and burned the calories from it :D

I try just not to go over my calories for the day!

And I was in the supermarket for about 20 minutes choosing ice cream that I wanted to keep in the freezer! I picked one that had the least of calories per serving but still being a flavor I wanted!
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    If I really want them I plan for them but its not often I have made better choices a part of my lifestyle. I have found that Emerald Coco Roasted Almonds are good. I love salted nuts but don't like the sodium these don't have that and are a bit sweet also. I also like skinny cow dream clusters b/c they are a good portion size and still a treat.
  • bloomlately
    bloomlately Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I don't deny myself foods or else I will start to want them more. Therefore, I eat sweets; I just make sure to eat them in moderation and stay within my daily calorie goals.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I eat a fun size kitkat, It wont kill me
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of fruit which helps. I also frequently give in and have a small portion of some favorite sweet treat. I make room for it most days.
  • SweetMe1
    SweetMe1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I bought a canister of Dark Chocolate Almond Cherry Clusters at Costco and it's in a cupboard in my husband's shop so it's not easy for me to access. When I want a special treat I'll eat one. It's 90 calories and I'll make sure to save my calories so I can have it without going over my calorie goal total.

I am more likely to crave salty food. For that, I'll eat a dill pickle or some olives and sometimes, air-popped popcorn.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    graham crackers. chocolate chips. peanut butter.
  • melmckay99
    Options
    Bulk barn has no sugar added dark chocolate and milk chocolate. It still has calories in it, but much less than other chocolates. The taste isn't so bad either! It's enough for me to get over my chocolate cravings.
  • mamasitaroja
    mamasitaroja Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Emerald cocoa roasted almonds, dark chocolate peanut butter, Starbuck's new holiday coffees or 72% (or higher) dark chocolate squares. I put in the amount and calories at the beginning of the day, and then plan for them. And it usually makes me SO excited that I get a "reward" that I work out even harder and eat even bettter. Best to have it at the end of the day, though, so I can relax and savor.....and nothing accidentally "sneaks in" foodwise afterward. Ahhhhhhh!
  • lrob100
    lrob100 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Popcorn, Hershey's kisses only 6 or 7, cake on birthdays or holidays or other special events---I try to just eat sweets less and far less often. I would say I have a 'treat' about twice per week. I also include peanut butter, which I love, in the treat category for me.
  • Nettie96fb
    Options
    I'm scared of my 'sugar monster' it's been known to control me. I eat low fat low surgar yogurt and throw in a handful of frozen berries, 100cals, and I feel like i've had a real treat
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy, but I keep fruit by the foot (90 calories) and fiber one brownies (90 calories) in my work locker. That way I have something for both my fruity-sweet cravings as well as my chocolate-sweet cravings!

You could also try low calorie ice creams or chocolates (skinny cow has excellent versions of both!!). And fruit snacks or dried fruit are pretty good too!

For me, it's hard to stop at one fun-size kitkat or snickers...so I do my very best to avoid them at all costs! LOL
  • AnneC77
    AnneC77 Posts: 284
    Options
    I eat sweet things, just smaller portions. Cadbury snack (2 biscuits), Cadbury Freddo, 2 pieces of dark chocolate, all around 100 calories.
  • KelleyRob
    KelleyRob Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter Pie is my weakness!! I just don't make it anymore. I mix peanut butter and a little honey. Satisfies my sweet tooth.

I LOVE peanut butter pie also. But I have found a good substitute. Use vanilla greek yogurt, PB2 (I guess you could use reg peanut butter , but it is alot more calories) and some kind of sweetener. A lot of times I add some chia seeds. I eat it with an apple or just by itself. YUM:flowerforyou:
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I have coffee with a teaspoon of sugar most mornings. A Kashi cookie with my lunch most days. So I really don't miss real desserts much. But I will have them on cheat days.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Square of 85% dark chocolate, mullerlight yoghurts(put in the freezer 3-4 hours before eating), fruit.
    If I really want something, I will have it, as long as I have worked out that day, but I am trying to do this less than I did, as let's face it, 400-500 calories for a muffin is a lot. The same as my evening meal is usually. I try to have a chocolate bar if I have to have something less healthy, rather than something wheat based, which is about 200-250 calories, so more reasonable.
  • freedomlady
    freedomlady Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I eat artic zero ice cream. only 150 for the whole entire pint!!!!! or 37 calories for 1/2 cup!! can u believe it? I love the stuff. I order it off the internet because not many stores have it yet. It is well worth it!
  • jennibee70
    jennibee70 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I sometimes have golden syrup flavoured porridge for lunch to kill my cravings for sweet things. But if I want something chocolatey - ben and jerry's chocolate brownie frozen yogurt!