No late night snacking - March 15 - 21

Options

Replies

• sangrea
    sangrea Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm really liking this challange I work third shift so my day is most peoples nights which makes it really hard when you get off and your hungry to not go crazy on the eating. but I've been tring to plan out what i will eat when i get off and make sure its good for me and not to heavy. I didn't do bad today I stuck to what i had planned. Keep up the great job everyone.
  • nicola_743
    Options
    Day 2/7 and no snacks! I really wanted to nibble after the gym but I abstained!!! :-) This challenge is great, I'm so glad I joined this! :-)
  • rosemary10
    rosemary10 Posts: 253
    Options
    I'm really liking this challange I work third shift so my day is most peoples nights which makes it really hard when you get off and your hungry to not go crazy on the eating. but I've been tring to plan out what i will eat when i get off and make sure its good for me and not to heavy. I didn't do bad today I stuck to what i had planned. Keep up the great job everyone.

I work nightshift too but I'm usually too tired to eat much when I get off. So I just stop at the Community Center to exercise before I go home and collapse. My big problem is buying snacks or munching on things other people bring to share. Like last night I got a bag of Krunchers instead of eating my apple. :embarassed: It's better because I'm not buying McDonalds at night anymore, mostly eating my "good" food and losing weight. :happy: But it would be nice to figure out a way to get around this desire to comfort eat. Eating at work is a mini vacation since the work is hard. Good for your success today. :flowerforyou:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    2 for me this week. Like you Nicola, I too wanted to much when I got home from the gym. Water, water, and more water. Stayed within my calories too.
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Hi-
    Sorry I haven't been posting - we had no power for 3 days. And we are the lucky ones - lots of people are still out . We're also lucky because we had water and, with propane gas, could take hot showers and use our cooktop and grill. Lastly, the one tree that fell on our property was in the woods and fell away from our neighbor's fence.

My happiness doesn't end there. I must have burned alot of calories trying to stay warm because my weight loss ticker has finally moved for the first time in months!! :laugh:

This challenge really is making a difference. I have managed to go 16 nights in a row without anything caloric after my cut-off time.:happy:

I wish you all luck and a Happy St. Patty's Day!!
    Zaza
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I've gone 2 days without snacking after my cut-off time.

This group is really helping me be accountable!
  • rosemary10
    Options
    2/2 for me

Way to go zaza. Sorry bout your weather

Good job pmjsmom, on the weight loss so far. Stay with us. This group is great. And cute pregancy tracker. Will you post a pic when the little sweetie gets here?

Great lulabelle and nicola
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I also did well last night :smile:. Keep up the good work, everyone!
    Zaza, :flowerforyou: so very glad to have you back!
  • sunnysashka
    sunnysashka Posts: 296
    Options
    Hello, guys! It really does help to have a "support group"! I wanted to tell you how I fight cravings "to chew something" infront of TV. I got some nice herbal tees. Like "Cherry", "Tangerine". It helps to drink them warm. In summer time I add crushed ice and peppermint.
  • healthymommy42011
    Options
    my cutoff time is around 7 also.. but if you HAVE to eat something late.. eat protein.. no carbs. not even fruit. a piece of turkey or string cheese is the best.. carbs stick at night, because most likely you are relaxing
  • rosemary10
    Options
    This is 3/3. I may not count it cause I got home late and had a salad, 2 large strawberries and 2 pieces of dark chocolate with almonds. Don't you think chocolate should be a separate food group? :noway: :noway: Any way I was planting flowers today so I'm way under my calories.:drinker:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Well, I gave into temptation last night and had a bite of each of my kids' donuts and two sips of their hot chocolate. I was still good on my calories though. But I'm back to the beginning :)
  • jaune
    jaune Posts: 29
    Options
    Hi gang,
    I'm in on this challenge!! I like to "reward" myself at night!! Ha! The reward ends up around my waist.

Count me in!
  • nicola_743
    Options
    Yay! No snacks last night haha but I did have my dinner at about 8pm and at Chiquito after which I came home and panicked about the calories I'd just eaten so today I'm going to the gym and then for a swim and sauna! :)
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was 3 days in a row for me! I think that's my record so far. :happy: It really helps knowing I'm going to have to admit to you all if I eat after my cut-off time! Friday and Saturday nights will be a later cut-off, probably 9:30, as I stay up later on those nights! (I make my cut-off time 2 hours before I go to bed.)

Rosemary--Of course I'll be posting a picture when the baby comes!
  • dewdrop
    Options
    jaune, welcome :flowerforyou:. No more rewards for you, huh?! :smokin: Well, kidding, you'll just have to postpone it be a few good hours and reward yourself the next morning :wink:.
    Well, I gave into temptation last night and had a bite of each of my kids' donuts and two sips of their hot chocolate. I was still good on my calories though. But I'm back to the beginning :)

lulabelle, admit it: would it have been two bites and two sips a few months back? Or would you have just gotten a donut and a hot chocolate for yourself? :wink: Maybe some day your kids will join you and won't tempt you anymore late at night :smile:. Is at least your DH cooperative? :wink:

I did eat past my cut-off (came back late again, call me night-owl :smile:), but only the planned dinner and did not stuff myself. So in what concerns me, I am again OK with last night. :smile: Doesn't mean I won't try harder tonight :wink:.

Keep up the awesome work, everyone! For those of you who went quiet, come back and tell us where you failed. This will make it a tiny bit harder to fall again next time.
  • dewdrop
    Options
    my cutoff time is around 7 also.. but if you HAVE to eat something late.. eat protein.. no carbs. not even fruit. a piece of turkey or string cheese is the best.. carbs stick at night, because most likely you are relaxing

Good point! :flowerforyou:
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I've been MIA, been eating good, but just lagging on posting on the boards. But I've been good about logging my food. I'm going to join at the beginning of next week when I am completely back on track.
  • dewdrop
    Options
    :love: your new photo, teetee
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    lulabelle, admit it: would it have been two bites and two sips a few months back? Or would you have just gotten a donut and a hot chocolate for yourself? wink Maybe some day your kids will join you and won't tempt you anymore late at night smile. Is at least your DH cooperative? wink
    Oh my gosh, dewdrop, you are so right. I hadn't thought of it like that. So I guess I was successful in my own right.

Last night was a success, although beforehand I had several bites of Popeye's Fried Chicken (I'm vegetarian for GI issues) and could have done without the grease that was EVERYWHERE. Won't need to be eating that again anytime soon. It tasted better in my mind. But I stayed within my calories too. So one success. So far for this week, 3/4 successes.