CHRISTMAS!

Options
Hey everyone :-)

Sorry for dropping the big C bomb so early, but it's only just over a month til Christmas.

This will be my first my fitness pal Christmas, anyone have any good hints and tips to keep the calories down for the day?!!

Is anyone planning to take Christmas off, have a blow out and then return back to normal ways on boxing day?

Let me know! :-D all general thoughts and ideas welcome!

Kayla :-)

Replies

• LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    My response to a similar thread:

When Christmas comes my plan is to treat is as one day, not the two week spree of gluttony that it usually is!

Christmas day breakfast we usually have English muffins with smoked salmon and scrambled eggs made with cream. I shall leave off the muffins and do my eggs mainly egg white and no cream.

Christmas lunch will be loading up on the veggies, having a very small amount of stuffing, cranberry sauce and bread sauce and I'm yet to decide on my turkey substitute (I've recently gone veggie).

As for dessert, the boyfriend and kids don't like Christmas pudding/ cake/ mince pies so I think it will be ice cream for them and I'll go without.

I'm not a big drinker but will allow myself one measure of Baileys as I enjoy that.

Cheese and biscuits, I have found Laughing Cow Deli Light blue cheese spread, 25 cals a triangle and really delicious so that's my go to!

I shall have some treats but I don't intend to have leftovers and boxing day will be back to normal eating!
  • laurenshead101
    Options
    Ill have Xmas eve, Xmas day and Boxing Day... Off and then ill be back on it. If I spend all day thinking about what I can't
    Eat ill end up pigging out, whereas if I have a little of what is on offer I won't eat as much! ( that's the method in my madness anyways)!

Xxx
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I probably won't log that day but will be watching my portions and making good choices. There's nothing to be gained by stuffing myself silly, like I did other years.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I don't want any tips, just presents. PM for the address to send me a gift card! :laugh:

treats.jpg

^^^ One of each (plus egg nog) on Christmas Eve, then mad food on Christmas Day. Log everything.

I plan to eat at least at maintenance for the holidays, and maybe a tad bit more, then back to 1800 calories on left-over days.
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I'll probably just have Christmas day off (:
  • _Fatty2Fitty_
    _Fatty2Fitty_ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I will say ill be good and log and not over eat.....but come christmas time, I will probably eat like a PIG!! *ashamed face*
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I don't want any tips, just presents. PM for the address to send me a gift card! :laugh:

treats.jpg

^^^ One of each (plus egg nog) on Christmas Eve, then mad food on Christmas Day. Log everything.

I plan to eat at least at maintenance for the holidays, and maybe a tad bit more, then back to 1800 calories on left-over days.

You just had to post the picture didn't you LOL!!!!! jk!! baking is my downfall, and I am back on the wagon today.
    I agree, to just have a little of what you want so you don't end up gorging... and don't buy stuff for your house you DONT need for something... IE, I don't be buying any Christmas chocolates, etc.
  • Charloo1990
    Charloo1990 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Christmas is only once a year therefore I plan to stuff my face relentlessly. I plan to have Christmas day and boxing day off then back on track to de bloat for NYE bight out then NYD I will be having a roast dinner and whatever else I want, im sure my hangover will need it ;) haha.
  • Ronngie
    Ronngie Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    We have a morning tradition breakfast of dutch baby, I wouldn't miss it for the world! We like to go light for the rest of the day, so we will have veggie platters, cheese & crackers and fruit platters. We make them ourselves, and we take our time with our Bible reading the story of Jesus' birth, and then opening gifts. We enjoy ourselves way more this way. There are a few treats I am planning to have a nibble of after I cook them, but I'm going to limit that. I'm not using the season as an excuse to go crazy, and I will definitely log everything. I find if I plan ahead I do well when the time comes, and stick to my plan.
    I love this time of year! :)
  • two_octopodes
    two_octopodes Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    My plan is to eat whatever I want Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and then return to normal immediately after. I am also planning to increase my activity level to offset the damage a little. My main goal is to simply log everything I eat, just like I normally would.

Same goes for Thanksgiving- I'll eat however I want Thanksgiving day, and then I'm going on a road trip the next day, so I'm allowing myself a little more leeway than usual for that as well- but I will be tracking EVERYTHING I eat and drink for both days. When I get home on Saturday, it'll be back to business as usual!
  • TommiEgan
    TommiEgan Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I am planing on avoiding alcohol on Christmas and most sweets. I'll try to eat as healthy as possible that way my self-control goes up and so does my determination to stay healthy!

Exercise wise I will be doing double efforts of cycling to prevent myself from binging over the holidays.
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I've got two Christmases to go to this year (my family & my boyfriend's) so I just plan to eat reasonable portions of whatever strikes my fancy, log it all and get back to the usual the next day. I'm doing the same for Thanksgiving as well. They are special days so I feel comfortable just staying conscious of what I'm eating, but not worrying about whether or not I lose weight those weeks.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    my birthday is 6 days after christmas...i didn't have a birthday cake last year (pre-mfp) but this year i want a cake. it's just me and my husband though, so i freeze all the leftover slices.

Blah...probably won't get a cake. i'd feel guilty.
  • marthathebear
    Options
    I probably won't log that day but will be watching my portions and making good choices. There's nothing to be gained by stuffing myself silly, like I did other years.

Like this!
    I will probably log what I eat but make good choices and not be too worried about going over. I agree it is no longer any fun to stuff myself silly like in the past. I will also have a good work out and burn off some of it.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Took 2 days off of MFP last year, Christmas and Boxing Day, and plan to do the same this year. Any bad foods left over from those 2 days hit the bin. I also continued to exercise.
  • momofthreesons
    momofthreesons Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Not too early! I put my little tree up today and have had the santas/angels on display for a week!!
  • murphette2
    murphette2 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have those annoying relatives that feel like what I eat is somehow their business and they will feel guilty about how many helpings they had if they see me eat one small helping of everything. But that is my plan anyway!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    It's once a year. I will eat what I want.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Just eat. Make it a couple days, not months. You'll be fine
  • jaclyndanette
    Options
    I like what other people said - that it's one day - not a whole week or two. I think if I can stick with that mentality, I'll be in good shape (pun intended!) I would like to eat, and enjoy what I'm eating, without going overboard. If the scale stays the same that week, I'll consider it a success.