Friends that won't tell me to eat more vegetables

Options
Hey! I would love to add some of you as friends to make my feed section more interesting to read and see how people are progressing. However, after reading a post where people discussed advising their MFP friends to eat more vegetables, I feel I should point out that while you're welcome to tell me to eat more of them, if lost causes aren't your thing you should probably steer clear of me. I take a multi-vitamin every day, I try to eat some salad, and I used to be on a steady diet of fried foods and goldfish crackers, so I'm getting better...but I still hate vegetables and will not eat them enough to satisfy you.

If you feel you can live with that, please add me!

Replies

• tpayne0453
    Options
    LOL!! I hear ya!

Feel free to add me
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    BarbellBlondieRuns Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Eat more vegetables. haha. Couldn't help myself.
  • AprilBurns86
    Options
    If you promise not to gripe at me to eat more, I won't gripe at you to eat vegetables! :) Sending you a friend request!
  • applebobbrush
    applebobbrush Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    ROFL, no veggie pushing here. Feel free to add me. I'm not much into veggies and fruit myself due to them affecting my ulcerative colitis.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    If you're trying, that should be enough. It may help if you add vegetables to foods where you won't notice or taste them. Just a suggestion though, I'm not the type to food police. :tongue:
  • cstexas2012
    cstexas2012 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Haha no, I don't mind the comments, I just feel bad when I see people being like "I always try to get my MFP friends to eat more vegetables and they won't :(:(:(" so I didn't want to set anyone up for disappointment.

I am trying to fit them in that way, and i do actually like some vegetables, like carrots, sometimes potatoes, etc. They're just not my favorite, I don't have a huge budget at the moment, nor do I have a lot of time to spend looking for and making recipes that disguise vegetables well (law school finals). I know you shouldn't put off your fitness or whatever, but I'm willing to put it off for a few months if it means I'll get a job, lol.
  • RobynBourgeois
    Options
    I actually eat very normal food. I like veggies, but am the only one in the house that will eat them, therefore, don't buy them often. You are more than welcome to add me. My diary is full of "non-diet items".
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Seems reasonable. I love all vegetables, but my food budget sucks and I always get overwhelmed when I try looking for recipes. They always have so many ingredients, seem expensive, and I've had a few too many fail on me and lead to wasting food. Sometimes you just have to do what you can.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Fruits are like veggies w/fructose... try some of those. LOL>
  • mrsklt99
    Options
    My food diary is full of terrible choices but at least I'm logging it down and making an effort to do a little better each day... I don't feel its my place to do anything on here but help motivate and encourage my MFP friends. I'm not going to monitor your meals if you don't monitor mine!
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Meh, veggies aren't the be-all/end-all of health. My fiance can't process most veggies, so he doesn't eat them. Personally, I love veggies, but that's just me. There are other healthier foods out there, so as long as you're eating those, you're on the right track!
  • 2rnip
    2rnip Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I eat crap food, but balance the calories and include the occasional workout, and yet I lost 40 pounds in just over 2 months, feel free to add me :)
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    i dont eat many vegetables either i prefer fruits :) apples are almost to delicious
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    While I personally love almost all types of vegetables I promise that I will in no way attempt to push my love of them on you or anyone else. Haha :laugh: Feel free to add me!
  • TakinSexyBack
    TakinSexyBack Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    LOL, you sound just like my husband! He says if its green........it was meant for a cow! And hes totally healthy! Add me if you want! I wont judge! I am just here to lose and have fun doing it!
  • Kline123
    Options
    I used to be a vegetarian, but I promise I won't tell you to eat more veggies!! LOL
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    When describing veggies, my husband says, "That's not food, it's what food EATS". Other than the occasional salad or handlful of carrots, he doesn't eat veggies. Having UC gives him an excuse not to, however he has been in remission for 10 yrs and can handle some cooked ones. I gave up trying to push them on him, as he is much healthier than I am, and rides circles around most people.