Thanksgiving

Options
2»

Replies

• BetterThanExpected
    BetterThanExpected Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    As soon as I know all we're having I'm planning on pre-logging so that I can choose what I want to eat without binging.
  • PrettyGirlPayton
    PrettyGirlPayton Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Easiest thing: Eat only one scoop of every side item. One piece of ham and/or turkey. One piece of dessert. Also,drink lots of water. One is my majic number. You can't fail. Then just go back to your normal life.
  • jonmico
    jonmico Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It's one day. Use common sense and don't forget to enjoy yourself.
  • Ronngie
    Ronngie Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    For me it's about family first, food second. If I have a plan before events come up, I always do well. Decide what your plan will be & rock it :)
  • ruckerbenton
    Options
    I'll enjoy but log my food and plan out my day. I'm cooking so I know how to plan. We're having homemade fried chicken instead of turkey (we don't really like it.) For me it's more about family although the pumpkin gooey cake and tiramisu pie know me by name as well! Enjoy your holiday!

My TOPS group has a contest. We weigh the week before the holiday--our standard weigh-in. When we weigh after the holiday, if we loose, we get a prize...usually a small amount of money. Is some incentive. We have another, longer running contest going as well. I enjoy my Take Off Pounds Sensibly (TOPS) group immensely.
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    enjoy. don't go overboard.

"one bad day won't make you fat just as one good day wont make you thin"
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    To Quote a good friend of mine: " I IZ Gonna EATZ ALL DE FOODZ" I have been 11 months without one day over, I feel i can enjoy Thanksgiving without worry. I now control my food, my food does not control Me
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    instead of deserts like regular pumpkin pie or even for sides check out www.skinnytaste.com they have a bunch of great recipes that are guilt free!
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    To Quote a good friend of mine: " I IZ Gonna EATZ ALL DE FOODZ" I have been 11 months without one day over, I feel i can enjoy Thanksgiving without worry. I now control my food, my food does not control Me

I had the same idea in mind. Was absolutely stuffed way before I thought I would be though. : )
  • april27kelli
    april27kelli Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Awesome suggestions. Thank you all for taking time to respond. Hope you enjoy the holiday with your friends & families.
  • AyaKara
    AyaKara Posts: 220
    Options
    I'm just going to eat 1/4-1/2 cup of everything that I want (luckily, that isn't much from the choices), & distribute it throughout the day so that I don't overeat. I'm going to eat more of the desserts; Thanksgiving & Easter are the only times that I eat these sweets!

Just remind yourself, 'there's always tomorrow to eat more'. That's the best way, I think!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'll log, but really I'm not too worried. Turkey isn't high cal, there's lots of veggies involved. Compared to some other holidays it's pretty safe in my opinion, but we don't do the candied yams or any of that. My son is making a pie from an actual pumpkin so I will be having that for sure!
  • bethygirlie
    bethygirlie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I'm running 5k that morning so everything after that is free game. lol
  • robindina
    robindina Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Sample a little bit of everything a spoonful will do it. Don't stress about the calories...The Holiday is stressful as it is so don't add to it :) Consider it your free pass of the week and add an extra work out.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Well, turkey is good for you! If you want to keep to your goals on Thursday, keep your servings small, eat a lot of veggies that aren't smothered in something and go for a long walk or to the gym.

But, whatever you do, don't feel bad or guilty or stressed. Enjoy your family, give thanks for all your blessings and relax! :)