5'3-5'5" 125 - 150 lbs women in 20s

Options
Hey Im looking a little encouragement and possibly some tips. My current stats are 5'5" 135lbs 36/30/39 I wear a 7/9 Im hoping to be around 36/27/40 give or take ideallly I want a flat stomach. I have body shots on my profile. If you all are in the same boat as me trying to drop the last 5/10/15/20 or have done it and have some advice please add me. Id love your inspiration, motivation or advice. THANKS GUYS! IM hoping we can all provide a positive environment for one another. I started at 165 and have gone down but seem to be stuck.

Replies

• emilymaya16
    emilymaya16 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm just about in your age boundaries! I'm 20! I'm 5'5'' and currently 139lbs, looking to get to about 130 but may go further depending how I feel at 130! I too started this journey in the overweight categorie at 157lbs, lost about a stone a year or so ago and then got stuck at 147 for absolutely forever. Gave it another go and got to 145 and then plateud completely! So I started the Dukan diet last Friday and have dropped 6lbs since! I know a lot of it's water weight, but one its a big motivation to keep me going, and 2 if I keep it up eventually I'll start losing fat! I've been doing it less than a week and if you've not got much to lose you don't normally lose so quickly so I'm quite proud of myself. I found that regular diets only got me so far and I simply got stuck with no way further down, hence why i thought a slightly different approach might help. Carbs are a major calorie source and aren't really all that useful nutrition wise, so I thought a low carb, low fat diet like the Dukan might kick start it! And so far I've been right :)
    Em xx
  • emilymaya16
    emilymaya16 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, and stats:
    Sw: 157
    Cw: 139
    Gw: 130
    5'5''
    38/28/39
  • maddiec1989
    maddiec1989 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm 22

5'5''-5'6''

sw: 175
    cw: 134
    gw: 125

35/27/38 and currently wearing a size 6 pants.

It's taken me about 7 months to lose this weight, but I started very slowly— I only discovered MFP in August which really kept me motivated to keep going. :) I'm not too focussed on weight loss right now, I'm more looking to gain muscle/lose fat. I have recently upped my calories from 1200 to 1600 and try to exercise every day.
  • akmlebre
    akmlebre Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm 22

5'5''-5'6''

35/27/38

thats awesome how did you get your waist that small Im having trouble
  • kschr201
    kschr201 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Also right around there with a really similar start point.

I'm 25
    5'4".5 (or 5'5" on a good day...haha)
    sw: 162ish
    cw:142
    gw:132

currently 37/27/39
  • maddiec1989
    maddiec1989 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm 22

5'5''-5'6''

35/27/38

thats awesome how did you get your waist that small Im having trouble

I did Jillian Michael's 30 day shred and saw a ton of results with that :) other than that, I've just stayed consistent with eating well and being more active.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I am 24, just under 5'6''.
    Started at 152
    Currently 132
    Trying to get to 120 or under 20% body fat(currently 24%)
    35.5/27/37
    I used to have a 24'' waist up until i turned 20. Good times haha.... let's see how close to that i can get.
  • akmlebre
    Options
    Started at 152
    Currently 132
    35.5/27/37
    I used to have a 24'' waist up until i turned 20. Good times haha.... let's see how close to that i can get.

I have a bmi of about 23 Im hoping to lower mine as well but my waist is still so big compared to your alls gr... lol... i got real small then I umm turned 21 lol
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Started at 152
    Currently 132
    35.5/27/37

I have a bmi of about 23 Im hoping to lower mine as well but my waist is still so big compared to your alls gr... lol... i got real small then I umm turned 21 lol
    I found that what helps the most with shrinking my waist is lifting some weights and eating lots and lots of protein. even though the scale moves slowly i notice changes in my body. 30 days shred really makes a difference, unfortunately i have crappy knees and the pain makes me stop after 10 days or so.
  • thefithuntress
    Options
    This is a super great thread. Although I'm an inch taller at 5'6" I always struggled in college with being a little overweight. I was 140 at my heaviest and now the scales are stopping at 123 and I'm pretty happy with where I'm at!

I have always hated my tummy and wanted it to be flatter. Truthfully we just have to embrace that our bodies are shaped a certain way and there is no workout that will remove fat from a specific area. We all gain it in different places and depending on that those spots will be the toughest to lose.

The only suggestions I can offer are to find a workout routine that you enjoy because you need something to be loyal to. A strict program leaves little room for error and helps keep you on track. Eating, however, is 70% of it. If you follow a clean diet and get ENOUGH calories (most ladies like us are guilty of eating too little) you will get yourself into the best health you can!

Above all strive to be healthy, not 'skinny.' I will never be a size 0 and I'm just now learning to cope with it. Rock the curves, tone, and stay positive! <3
  • ELIZZY20
    Options
    I'm 5'5, and currently trying to get back to my senior high school weight of 125-130. I was up around 153 in Christmas 2011, and since then I have dropped to about 144. But the weight loss from 150-144 has been VERY SLOW. I find myself eating between 800-1300 calories depending on the day, and I can't seem to get rid of my belly either. But I don't think I would want to be smaller than 125 ... I think I wouldn't be strong enough for the intensive dancing I do.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5, and currently trying to get back to my senior high school weight of 125-130. I was up around 153 in Christmas 2011, and since then I have dropped to about 144. But the weight loss from 150-144 has been VERY SLOW. I find myself eating between 800-1300 calories depending on the day, and I can't seem to get rid of my belly either. But I don't think I would want to be smaller than 125 ... I think I wouldn't be strong enough for the intensive dancing I do.

so yea I lost 6-7 pounds in the past two months, around same height and weight... and am ecstatic. This is not a race.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I'm just outside your range.
    I'm 5'5 122.4lbs.
    34 5/8-27-35 3/4
    Those measurements were taken almost 3 wks ago, I'm praying for a change when my month is up. *crosses fingers*
    I'm in the same boat as you. 27in is my natural waist. I carry my weight between my hips and natural waist in my tummy and love handles. The woes of being a high hip hourglass.
  • akmlebre
    Options
    thank you to all that have replied. Im slowly dropping my weight down to 133 and my waist is finally under 30 :D
  • MuddyEquestrian
    MuddyEquestrian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I found this, I'm a pretty similar stat

I'm 22, 5'4-5'5
    SW-164
    CW-131
    GW-120

Stats as of last week or so
    34/25/37
    I wear a size 8 right now, but I think i could finally fit into a 6!
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    thank you to all that have replied. Im slowly dropping my weight down to 133 and my waist is finally under 30 :D

Awesome! :D

It makes me wish I could find my measuring tape...

I'm 5'4" and last time I checked something like 32/26/39. I want to lose from my hips. An inch or two from my waist wouldn't hurt though. :p
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 30 so just outside your age limit but I'm so close to the stats of this group that I thought I'd shove my 2 cents in, so feel free to add :)

I'm 5'5" CW134 pounds stats 36/28/37 although if I measure my waist round my belly button it's 31 :/ I do some cardio but probably need to start hitting the heavy weights to get everything pulled in. My aim is 125 pounds but I am far more interested in losing inches than pounds expecially round my muffin top :P
  • RainbowBrightww23
    RainbowBrightww23 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yay! People who are exactly in my position!

I'm 23, between 5'3 and 5'4, just started grad school, and hit my all time high weight of 133 a few weeks ago. I am down to about 130 at the moment, but the weight I gained over the summer/fall is extremely obvious on a shorty like me! My parents are incredibly supportive people who have never, ever commented on my weight or body, but my dad brought it up the last time I visited home because he knows the extra calories are coming purely from alcohol (oops) and I've gone from a bottom heavy size 2 (North American sizes) to a size 6 with more weight around the middle than I have ever carried before. So, I am really trying to loose about 5 pounds in the next month before I go home and see all my friends and the rest of my family, using my FitBit and tracking on MFP. I will be looking to this thread for support/ideas!
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I'm 23.
    5'3"
    130ish (hid my scale for the month)

35/27/38
    Size 2 pants, small shirts.
  • grecogab90
    grecogab90 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    bump