low cal hangover cures?

Options
I had the mother of all cheat days yesterday that included fried pub food and lots of wine, lots and lots and lots of wine. I'm back on track today but hung over. I'm drinking my fluids, couldn't handle coffee. My go to hangover cures are a caesar (like a bloody mary for those that aren't in Canada) and McDonald's. Neither of those are going to fit in my calories today.
Any ideas that won't kill my diary? I'm on 1500-1700 a day so I have some wiggle room

Replies

• runnninginmd
    Options
    If you find a hangover cure that works, no matter how many calories, please share it with the world.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    The only cure for a hang over is not drinking.
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Pickle juice !!! Sounds nasty but it works
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    One-a-day vitamin and a V-8. Keep drinking water and you are going to need to eat something doughy to sop up those angry stomach acids.
  • IslandRider
    Options
    I find the thing that helps most is a low-calorie/no-calorie sports drink. I always feel much better after a couple of them.
  • EllysJellys
    Options
    the BEST cure for a hangover is a can of ice cold Lemon Fanta - works everytime!!! x
  • mmckee10
    mmckee10 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    midol helps. it sounds crazy but my friends swear by it. lol
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

untrue. Hair of the dog works quite well but I am assuming the OP does not want or can't have another drink.
  • lindab405
    lindab405 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    B-complex vitamin and Gatorade.
  • green_nurse
    green_nurse Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    i agree with pickle juice....! and lots of water! and 2 aleve! lol
  • schell81
    schell81 Posts: 187 Member
    Options

untrue. Hair of the dog works quite well but I am assuming the OP does not want or can't have another drink.

I'm at work so I can't, otherwise I would have a drink and nap
  • sblake204
    sblake204 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Best cure for a hangover is CARDIO...go sweat out that alcohol. its hard while you're doing it, but you'll feel better afterwards :)
  • _danjo_
    _danjo_ Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Emergen-C + 4 ibuprofen works for me. Good old fashioned aspirin works as well.
    Emergen-C is 25 cals.
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    It's not low cal, but Chipotle. I swear to god. Eat it before you go drinking and after.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Time and water. No calorie impact.
  • voodoo_lady
    Options
    Diroylyte sachets for dehydration. AMAZING!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup orange juice + 8 oz. water + teaspoon salt + tablespoon sugar...stir, drink, repeat...it will help replenish the vitamins lost by alcohol...
  • tinlee
    tinlee Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Drink a lot of water.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    The cure for a hangover is lots of water and the passage of time. Alcohol causes dehydration, as it impedes antidiuretic hormone production and you get a whanging headache from dehydration. You can take some ibuprofen (or something similar) for some pain relief.
  • repmlrs
    repmlrs Posts: 154
    Options
    yea drining is for d birds. anyway when i use to drink id take vitamin b the day after and b4. thats why you have hang over. dehydration plus vitamin b deficiant