low cal hangover cures?

Options

Replies

• XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Diroylyte sachets for dehydration. AMAZING!

I've been told these too x
  • terrappyn
    terrappyn Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    5 hour energy shots- loaded with b-vitamins and electrolyte water. Hangovers= dehydration! replace your electrolytes!
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Water, electrolytes, and pain killer. The hair of the dog that bit. A raw egg with Tabasco and Worcestershire sauce. (Be reminded that raw eggs are now considered a health risk.)
  • knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Water+Advil+Tomato Juice

Or I've heard coconut water is like the BEST hangovercure ever...I've never done it though, but I have friends who drink like fishes who swear by it.

Chocolate milk works well for me if you can choke it down, however I find that it really should be whole milk and hershey syrup, so that really doesn't fit into being "healthy" lol
  • BartiWI
    BartiWI Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just had my girls weekend, was worried about the after effects and lucked out big time. Before going to bed Saturday, we chowed down on some delicious 7layer salad. And as much as we drank and as much as I know I should have felt like crap on Sunday, I felt AWESOME. Perhaps it's all the water in the lettuce, but next time, give salad a whirl!!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Water, water, water!!! I also do a protein shake w/ a banana, which replaces potassium.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    The only cure for a hang over is not drinking.

That's like saying the cure for the flu is not getting sick. Sure, you don't get a hangover, but that doesn't make it a cure. Plus wine is totally worth the hangover, and I've got my own wine-headache to deal with right now too.
  • Jhensley2011
    Jhensley2011 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I think V8 juice (the tomato kind) works best. Doesn't necessarily "cure" the problem but does make it bearable rather quickly. Give it whirl!
  • sweetteacher123
    Options
    Lean proteins. Protein actually has an enzyme that helps break down alcohol. Have a chicken breast with every meal or other lean cuts of meat. Though the wives' tale is bread to absorb alcohol, it's not true. Good luck! (I'd love to know any cures that work. It does not happen often, but I sometimes over do it on the wine too.) :-)
  • ravengirl1611
    ravengirl1611 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    about a litre of water an hour, 2 advil, and sleep until it's gone - just wake up long enough to drink the water - get rid of the last hours water - when your head stops exploding - you're good to get up and face the day
  • jesswait
    jesswait Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    My favorite hangover cure is schnitzel, barring that, water.
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    caesars - yum!

if you can find these - vega electrolyte packs. It's a packet of all natural ingredients....and you toss into water. OR coconut water. or gatorade - but too much sugar in that for me. i don't feel great after drinking those.

guzzle water. hard core.

pickle juice is supposed to work as well.
  • skinnyforhi
    skinnyforhi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    If you find a hangover cure that works, no matter how many calories, please share it with the world.

This was awesome.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I think V8 juice (the tomato kind) works best. Doesn't necessarily "cure" the problem but does make it bearable rather quickly. Give it whirl!

My friend swears by V8!
  • sjeagle30
    sjeagle30 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    pedialyte freezer pops. Made for children to rehydrate when they are sick or to avoid dehydration but they work for adults too.
  • Kimjanebrooks
    Kimjanebrooks Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    The only cure for a hang over is not drinking.

That's like saying the cure for the flu is not getting sick. Sure, you don't get a hangover, but that doesn't make it a cure. Plus wine is totally worth the hangover, and I've got my own wine-headache to deal with right now too.

Hee hee! I think Diorilyte sounds a pretty good idea. Will be trying after my next wine oclock x
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Light gatorade, water water water water! You're hungover because you're dehydrated. Not sure how pickle juice would work since it's loaded with salt/brine which dehydrates you further....weird.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Oh and next time you go on a bender willingly, take a multivitamin before you drink, and drink some water before hand too! That's my best hangover preventative :)
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Gatorade
  • KJoy7
    KJoy7 Posts: 246
    Options
    Subway will help with horrible hangovers :)