ADF (Alternate Day Fasting) - Thoughts?

Options
2»

Replies

• rachelbethany
    rachelbethany Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I've read a lot about it in the past, and I have even seen studies that suggest alternate day fasting can reduce some health risks. If you are meeting a reasonable weekly calorie and nutrition goal, then I say go for it! I don't see any problem with it whatsoever, although it will require more willpower/planning (what happens when a family event or friend's birthday lands on a no food day?)
  • babsb121
    babsb121 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm another one on 5:2 since August & it's the only eating plan I've ever stuck to this long. Major health benefits are reported, such that weight loss is almost a side-effect.
    See www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01lxyzc
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    You're gonna have a bad time

Yup she's french-frying when she should pizza.

Double points for anyone who gets this! :drinker:

south park i think. sky lodge episode. kids learning to ski "your gonna have a bad time"
  • skatewalker
    skatewalker Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    At the moment I have Mondays and Thursdays as fast days but those days are not fixed in stone. If I had a celebration on the Monday, I'd just make my fast day Tuesday. I think as long as the 2 fast days are not consecutive days.
    Like most of you I have found this very easy to stick to and can see me doing it for the forseeable future. It also means that every day I can enjoy at least one meal with the family.
    Along with this I'm also doing LCHF but I'm not sure if doing the 2 together works. I certainly try to keep within my calorie goals as well as my carb limits on my non-fast days. I'll see how the next couple of weeks go then decide if I can do both.
    I think I'll get my BP checked soon as at the moment I'm on medication but I feel so well that I think I could come off it now.

PS I'm glad Christmas Day is a Tuesday this year!!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    It works if you dont do it too often!
  • GamerGurl729
    GamerGurl729 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    You're gonna have a bad time

Yup she's french-frying when she should pizza.

Double points for anyone who gets this! :drinker:

south park i think. sky lodge episode. kids learning to ski "your gonna have a bad time"

That's right. :drinker:
  • doubleduofa
    doubleduofa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I did it for many months and lost well AND then maintained well. I did JUDDD (Johnson Up Day Down Day). You can find his book at the library and there are calculators on his site to get your UD and DD numbers. I really like it and think I will be going back soon.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    What workouts are you doing during this? I'm curious.

I can't do a hard (high calorie burn) cardio workout on a fast day but can do an hour of circuit training without feeling I'm running on empty.
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    It works if you dont do it too often!

I don't understand what you mean here. It's meant to do long term.