Under by 1493 calories

Options
That cannot be good!

But it's now 7pm and I'm trying to not eat after 7pm.

I'm hoping tomorrow is a better day!

Replies

• runnninginmd
    Options
    Why are you trying not to eat after 7 pm? If you are hungry and under that many calories you could probably eat something...
  • niki87lewis
    niki87lewis Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Kinda looks like you didn't wanna eat before 7pm either. Go to fridge and eat something
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    You've had 742 calories today?

Go eat something.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Why are you not eating after 7pm?

Go eat.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,020 Member
    Options
    Yeah, what the _ _ _ _ ?? You ate less than 800 calories? Definitely have some hot chocolate and toast before you go to bed. You can eat whenever you want. That whole "7 o'clock" thing is a myth.

Tomorrow, try to eat 400 calories per meal - and if you plan to exercise, eat more in the early part of the day. You are shooting yourself in the foot by under-eating.

• AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    You can eat after 7 and still lose weight. Feel free to eat something healthy, so you don't go to bed with a growling tummy. :)
  • tarakizer
    Options
    This is NOT how you lose weight!
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    eat the food
  • KrysGettinFit
    KrysGettinFit Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Why not eat after 7pm? You aren't eating full meals or any fruits and veggies. What you have on your diary is not enough to stustain you. You should be eating at least 300 calories per meal, then have some snacks in between. It's a matter of balancing your meals and not starving yourself :)
  • Cherbear67
    Cherbear67 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    wow. Eat something.... This isn't healthy.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    167 calories for dinner? 50-something for lunch? You need to eat more! You're not going to lose weight if you don't give your body what it needs! I've had food (snacks, dinner, whatever) at 9:30pm the night before I weigh myself and the scale still will say I've lost 1 or more pounds depending on the week. The old myth of don't eat past Xoclock at night is a lie
  • healthymebetterme
    Options
    Wow, ok everyone needs to calm down!

I didn't under eat on purpose and I wasn't expecting to do this much walking today!

I don't want to eat after 7pm so I don't feel stodgy when I go to bed but I'll take cmriverside's advice and have some toast when I get home.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    First off, your profile says you are in South Carolina (unless I'm reading that wrong). You've got 5 hours until 7pm. Secondly, it does not matter when you consume food. Your body doesn't recognize time... only your mind does. Thirdly, you should always make an effort to eat at your calorie goal at least, and try to make those calories protein-filled. Eating under one day won't hurt you, but this timing thing isn't a very good excuse for it.

Be prepared to get the verbal lashing from this community. Don't take it too personally though. They are just looking out for your best interests.
  • ezwryder
    Options
    Wow, if I didn't have something after 7 p.m., I'd be miserable. And I didn't do this to be miserable. I couldn't give up my 9 p.m. treat and that hasn't hurt my ability to lose.
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    she's new so go easy :)

As long as you are meeting the calorie goal most of the time then being this much under once in a while is fine, esp if you had a hard training session. (edit: and there by burning more than you do normally and didnt plan ahead and ate more - not saying its ok to under eat while training hard :) )

Looking at your diary, you are either not logging everything or way under eating. Try to eat a bit of healthy snacks during the day, if you don't have time for a proper meal. Almonds, apples, and the like are a good choice and quickly eaten.

For loosing weight it does not, in theory, matter when you eat. Just fuel your body. If you are choosing to not eat after 7 for emotional reasons to prevent yourself from snacking too much, then consider preparing small healthy snack bags that you are allowed to have 1 or 2 off during the evening on days like this.
  • deegee44
    deegee44 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    MFP will tell you that if you don't eat enough, your body will go into starvation mode, eventually messing with your metabolism, then causing weight gain! eat girl! as long as you are eating your daily calories and exercising, you will still be burning even when you are sleeping!
  • healthymebetterme
    Options
    I'm in Scotland and it's 7.15pm

I'm not really making excuses, I'm going by how my body feels and I'd rather not feel crap going to bed.

I'm not under eating to lose weight quicker, what's the point in that? I would end up just putting it all back on again.

Thanks for those tips iceqieen, I like that snack bag idea!
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    This actually happens to me occasionally. I will wander out in to my yard to do something in the morning before I have eaten, and end up spending the day out there working. Then when I come in, I am too tired to feel like preparing, much less eating, something. I try to manage something- a yogurt, fruit, and fall in bed, and usually make up the next day. Not something to plan for or strive for, but not terrible either. It is important to eat well on a regular basis, but one day of this is not a catastrophe.
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Wow, ok everyone needs to calm down!

I didn't under eat on purpose and I wasn't expecting to do this much walking today!

I don't want to eat after 7pm so I don't feel stodgy when I go to bed but I'll take cmriverside's advice and have some toast when I get home.

Have some peanut butter or something high in calories but small servings if you don't want to eat a lot before bed. You should be getting the calories up. You didn't even eat enough to meet your normal calorie goal for the day.
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I eat after 7pm EVERYDAY. You need to eat. Friend me if you want someone to tell you to eat everyday you are under 1,200 and what to change from a >2,000 diet. You can do this the healthy way and will not want to quit because you eat yummy healthy food.

Starvation dieting until you can't take it anymore than going back to eating whatever garbage that made you fat in the first place then back to starvation because you do not want to be fat anymore merry-go-round does NOT work. You need to learn what to eat to live a healthy life.