How far out do you plan out your workout schedule?

Options
2»

Replies

• miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    unless I'm training for a specific race I fly by the seat of my pants. I try to keep up a general level of preparedness for half marathons but will go back to a specific marathon training schedule (3 month) every year. I do, however, log all my kms after I run each day.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Usually I plan a rolling 3 months. but, it might be longer, like, if I am training for a half-marathon or something like that. But, typically, 3 months. But, that's just planning. The actual reality is about a week or two in advance, alwy rolling forward. So, about every couple days I sit down a review. Usually, if I hit it as planned, nothing changes. But, sometimes, my kids scheulde changes, and then I have to replan the next week or so.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    my answer: I don't plan that at all....

I have a loosey goosey idea of what I want to achieve in my week and about 5 programs of intense cardio or what have you...

whatever I feel like doing is what I will do....

The only thing I commit to is working out 6 days a week with a rest day.

Thats it.
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    I get a 2 wk schedule from my running coach every other Sunday. Unless something changes with my schedule like a race or sickness then it is possible I get a new schedule weekly but it's always for a 2 week period.
  • Amybowen614
    Amybowen614 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am a nurse and my schedule varies from week to week. To keep me on track I write on my calendar each day that I am off what excercise I am going to do for a month. Whether it is running in the neighborhood, hitting the gym, or taking a class at the gym. It keeps me on track and sometimes seeing it on my schedule is what I need to motivate me to go and get it done.:happy:
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Well, I started my current schedule 9 weeks ago. It's a 20 week schedule. So, 5 months for this current one. However, I have my next schedule (p90x) set for immediately after. I usually have a program that I'm following, set out and my workouts scheduled, a year in advance lol
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I usually do mine Sunday nights for the following week.
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    I am getting ready to start TurboFire and there are 2 schedules I am going to follow...it is going to take me all the way til the first week in July! :-)
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I sorta plan a week at a time, so I can fit it around other family commitments.
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Month at a time. But of course I'm doing set workout routines by Jillian Micheals' DVD's. I'm currently doing 2 programs. RI30 I do 5-6 times a week at night (or on a morning that I don't do YM) and YM I do every other day in the morning. Doing them back to back is harsh, but if I don't have time to split them up, it is what it is and it must be done! I like programs like these because they hold me accountable and it feels GREAT to complete them after dedicating yourself to them for a full month. Last month I did 30DS :))
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I have a spreadsheet with my workout schedule which has number of reps that I should do exactly, weight I need to use etc
    Its planned out 48 months in advance

slacker. i have the same thing but it includes all meals and snacks

i just track my cleaning and driving. that burns the most calories anyways

as for the OP's question...i don't really plan things out because my schedule is all over the place. i go by how my body feels and how busy the gym is and how much time i have.
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I dont plan it out.
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I plan out twelve weeks for lifting and then running is kind of whenever I feel like it. I will run according to a workout schedule if I am training for a race though. Planning for 12 weeks kind of forces me to let the plan work... learning patience and not switching up "plans" all the time is a big thing I'm trying to accomplish.
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    I have mine planned out until August 2013! Which is REALLY not historically like me! I've been planning at least 6 weeks in advance since last February. I'm currently doing a 3-month program, to be followed by a 6-month program :laugh: I find it helps keep me focused and motivated!
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    It depends on what race I am training for at the present time. Then I plan alternate lifting days with my scheduled running days.
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I have a spreadsheet with my workout schedule which has number of reps that I should do exactly, weight I need to use etc
    Its planned out 48 months in advance

Whoa Kudos to you!

I usually will plan a couple weeks ahead of time what I am going to do