Under by 1493 calories

Options

Replies

• LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    SyntonicGarde - Thanks for your comments.

I thought an open diary would be the best way to go about this as other people can read it and help or shout at me...

It's not even that I'm afraid to eat, I was at college today 11-4 and din't have anything to make for lunch or any money to buy something but by the time I got home I only really fancied a cupasoup till I got the the other halves house.

I'll definitely be planning my days better so I know when and what I'll be eating!

I'll be putting some peanut butter on it! :)

You under ate the last 2 days too, yesterday you had 756 cals and the day before you hit 1313 but all you ate all day was some soup, crisps and pasta.

You need to eat more otherwise you won't be able to sustain this change.
  • jocybee83
    jocybee83 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I regularly eat after 10pm and am still losing weight. If you are hungry, eat!
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options

I thought an open diary would be the best way to go about this as other people can read it and help or shout at me...

It's not even that I'm afraid to eat, I was at college today 11-4 and din't have anything to make for lunch or any money to buy something but by the time I got home I only really fancied a cupasoup till I got the the other halves house.

I'll definitely be planning my days better so I know when and what I'll be eating!

You under ate the last 2 days too, yesterday you had 756 cals and the day before you hit 1313 but all you ate all day was some soup, crisps and pasta.

You need to eat more otherwise you won't be able to sustain this change.

This will catch up to you... you will either stop losing or goon a binge because your body is craving food. Part of developing a healthy lifestyle is planning and if you know that you are going to be out and about then you need to plan accordingly. PB&J sandwich, a salad, piece of fruit in an insulated lunch bag. I'm not quite sure why you posted if you are defensive/disagree with what people are telling you but there are a lot of us who have been doing this a long time and have learned from out mistakes. Just trying to help others from repeating history. Good luck!
  • healthymebetterme
    Options
    I really don't want you all to think I'm starving myself!

I didn't log all of Sunday's food as I had to do it this morning from memory but that's my fault, I'll remember to write down food if I can't get to a computer.

I'm really very new to eating healthily, I don't know what to watch out for, what I can eat loads of, what foods have too much sodium, which foods are naturally low in fat etc. I'd rather people messaged me telling me things like this rather than just telling me to eat.

I'm sorry if I've given off the vibe that I'm just trying to starve myself to lose weight quickly, it's really not the case! I do usually eat ridiculous amounts and thought it would continue after I started this for at least a while :/
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I don't want to eat after 7pm so I don't feel stodgy when I go to bed but I'll take cmriverside's advice and have some toast when I get home.

Try eating some real food like fruit or something with more protein. Basically anything that isn't a bunch of highly processed carbs. You might find that you feel better when you go to bed then. Even chocolate has more health benefits than toast.

Keep in mind that if you don't get adequate protein while dieting, your body will burn off lots of muscle along with the fat which isn't good! So make sure to get plenty of protein while you're losing weight. I doubt you're getting enough protein if you're under your caloric goals by almost 1500 calories!

Or, try something carby. For me, I can't eat protein too late or it bothers my stomach, but I can eat carbs at night without any issues.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options

We aren't yelling at you - and really, with a 1493 calorie under what you should have eaten, you should have known what everyone would have said. Please make an attempt to start eating whole foods and less carby/processed ones too. If not for the weight loss, for your health. Fresh veggies/fruits, lean protein make a HUGE difference in your energy level and overall feeling...
  • beachdiva2010
    beachdiva2010 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I would also strongly suggest that you track your sodium. I just peeked at your diary, and I'm sure you are way over, and you need to eat. And not just soups! Good luck!!
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I really don't want you all to think I'm starving myself!

I didn't log all of Sunday's food as I had to do it this morning from memory but that's my fault, I'll remember to write down food if I can't get to a computer.

I'm really very new to eating healthily, I don't know what to watch out for, what I can eat loads of, what foods have too much sodium, which foods are naturally low in fat etc. I'd rather people messaged me telling me things like this rather than just telling me to eat.

I'm sorry if I've given off the vibe that I'm just trying to starve myself to lose weight quickly, it's really not the case! I do usually eat ridiculous amounts and thought it would continue after I started this for at least a while :/

I'm in the UK and shop a lot at Tesco as you seem to by what I can see so if you want to add me for ideas feel free.
  • healthymebetterme
    Options
    I would also strongly suggest that you track your sodium. I just peeked at your diary, and I'm sure you are way over, and you need to eat. And not just soups! Good luck!!

Thanks I've added my sodium to my diaries now. (That's just another word for salt isn't it?) Yeah me and the other half bought a bit too much soup during the last shop, it was on offer!
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I think people have to remember that there are various other countries on this site as well and its not just an American site. However that is beside the point and we must remember that shouting at a person and telling them to go and eat is really not going to make them get up and go to the kitchen. Like the OP I don't eat after 8pm because I don't like going to sleep with a full tummy and each to their own.

Also the lady is also new to MFP, why don't we give her some constructive advice instead of being rude to her? The only thing I would like to say to the OP is to try and make better choices with your food. E.g, instead of grabbing a packet of crisps, grab an apple or an orange. Build up on fruit and veg, protein and use your calories wisely. Also watch your sodium intake from the prepacked foods that you may have. Tesco value meals are great once in a while but to be honest they are not worth the calories and would be much better for you to get some foods that you can cook from scratch. You will learn this as you go along and once you get the hang of it you will start to enjoy cooking up more healthier versions. Good luck
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Your not even eating enough to go to bed! Your body burns 1200 calories just in 8 hours of sleep!

Are you serious? Or is this a joke? I never burn this much doing an hour at the gym never mind when I am sleeping
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    You need to eat something. Eating after 7 is no big deal as long as it's not an everday occurance -- or a huge meal. But, in this circumstance... go eat anyway. You need the food.
  • healthymebetterme
    Options
    I'd much rather the constructive advice if I'm honest! :)
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I think people have to remember that there are various other countries on this site as well and its not just an American site. However that is beside the point and we must remember that shouting at a person and telling them to go and eat is really not going to make them get up and go to the kitchen. Like the OP I don't eat after 8pm because I don't like going to sleep with a full tummy and each to their own.

Also the lady is also new to MFP, why don't we give her some constructive advice instead of being rude to her? The only thing I would like to say to the OP is to try and make better choices with your food. E.g, instead of grabbing a packet of crisps, grab an apple or an orange. Build up on fruit and veg, protein and use your calories wisely. Also watch your sodium intake from the prepacked foods that you may have. Tesco value meals are great once in a while but to be honest they are not worth the calories and would be much better for you to get some foods that you can cook from scratch. You will learn this as you go along and once you get the hang of it you will start to enjoy cooking up more healthier versions. Good luck

Exactly. Constructive advice may work... but, derogatory comments won't.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Try eating a BALANCED DIET of lean protein, fresh fruits/ veggies and complex carbs (like wild rice, whole grain breads, barley, quinoa, oats, sweet potatoes, no 'white' carbs). Thousands of recipes on the internet if you don't know how to cook them. Avoid pre-packaged, ready-to-eat type products as they are high in sodium and loaded with unnatural preservatives. Exercise regularly (strength training and cardio at least 3 times a week) and you should be fine. :flowerforyou:
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    I agree...add in the Peanut Butter or that toast is most likely gonna wake you up really hungry with tummy growls.

PEANUT BUTTER...FOR THE WIN!!!!!
  • jefedesalto
    jefedesalto Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    HA! I love how angry everyone gets.

"Oh my GOD! you netted less than 1200 Calories! Are you CRAZY YOU STUPID IDIOT!!"

Chill on these people. If you are going to post a forum topic to the tune of....

" OH MY, I ONLY ATE A PIECE OF TOAST TODAY. IS THAT BAD?" Then you are probably an attention seeking antagonist who is trying to illicit angry responses.

My 4 year old niece knows that bad attention is still attention. Ignore her.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    That's more calories than I even get in a day! And I don't get home from work until about 7pm so if I didn't eat after then I'd almost never get dinner!

For the future I'd bulk up your days a bit. Add in more fruits and veggies. Aim for a nice balance for your meals - 300-400 calories per meal at least. Plus a couple 100-200 calorie snacks. (Take your total calories - divide by 4 - then divide one of those by 2 - 3 meals and 2 snack goals.)

Also don't fret - an occasional low day here and there will not kill you, will not put you in starvation mode, will not make you grow horns. As long as it is rare and not the norm I think it is okay. Personally I get seriously hangry on too few calories!
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I'd much rather the constructive advice if I'm honest! :)

You need to do some research and educate yourself on the effects of the type of diet you are maintaining. It's not healthy... at all. Research healthy recipes and snacks. There's tons of sites out there. Look for sites that have suggested diet plans until you're comfortable enough on your own to plan your whole day of meals.

The path you're on now will lead to quick weight loss- which is unhealthy weight loss. And impossible to maintain. I can almost guarantee you that you will not eat like that the rest of your life. As soon as you start eating more you'll start gaining weight again. You need to learn to do it the healthy way. Most of us here have done tons and tons of research and educated ourselves. I suggest you do the same.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Did mfp set your calorie goal at 1770 per day? How many pounds did you enter to lose each week. I dont know your height or weight.

I cant tell you what's right for you but I can tell you what certainly helped me and that was going to see a dietician/nutritionist for professional advice and she set-up my daily calorie intake as 1500 calories per day. I'm 5'3 and wanted to lose 145 pounds regardless how long it takes.

Also, check out diaries of other people who have the same type goals as you and you'll get plenty of ideas on some great things to eat. I cannot say I eat "clean" but I'm doing a heck of a lot better than I was doing 13 months ago when I started.

I eat anytime of the day that I feel like it and always have nightime snacks. So far it hasnt hurt me one bit.

Peanut butter that many have mentioned is a win-win! If you are worried about fat percentages, get the reduced fat but the calories are the same.

I did look back at all the days you have logged. In my humble opinion, you are not eating enough to sustain and fuel your body. I think one day you ate 1/5 of an apple. With 1770 calories a day, you can afford to eat the whole apple.

Everything is a learning curve when you first start. That's why I suggest seeing a nutritionist. I continue to see mine monthly even tho I have been doing this for 13 months. She helps keep me on track and I send her my food logs before my monthly visit for her to analyze.

Wishing you very good luck in your journey, just dont burn yourself out by placing too many restrictions on yourself.