Appetite suppressant

Options
2»

Replies

• jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Eat higher fat (good fats) and protein dense food. Also, I think you are eating out of habit more than true hunger from what I read....I am also of the belief that 1200 isn't enough for pretty much anyone of average height. Figure out your TDEE and slowly cut from there lik emaybe 250-500 from TDEE.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    up your calories, set your goal to 1lb or 1/2lb per week
    Good counsel!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I hate to say it... but... WILLPOWER. You need to buckle down and have control over your eating habits. You don't want to ruin your day by eating a slice of cake or 4 cookies or ice cream? First of all don't even have them around. Secondly, decide that it is not worth for you to do it.

If it's something you CANT do without, then work it into your calorie/macro goal. Hit the gym, eat less, don't keeo junk around, or WILLPOWER!

Best of luck!
  • slsmoot123
    slsmoot123 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you arent eating enough calories, especially if you are working out. Up your calories-1300 wont hurt you, you can add protein or vegetables. The extra fiber will fill you up. Up your water. Try eating a sweet, crisp apple after dinner or even a fresh smoothie. And if that absolutely doesnt work then there are Saffron Extract chews you can find at GNC they are mandarin orange flavor. I know MFP folks dont advocate supplements but my opinion is that sometimes they help in a pinch.
  • deadlights
    Options
    Hoodia.

I'm not a doctor, but it does work.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    You eat far too little. You're going to be hungry. Try setting your weight loss for 1/2lb a week and ramping up your meat / protein consumption. It helps. It's also easier to keep the weight off when you're eating more cals. Sounds nuts, I know. You're just less likely to binge and nip at stuff like you've been doing.
  • mitzi801
    Options
    ive been taking african mango for about 3 weeks, just because they are meant to be good for you, and after about nearly 2 weeks i have noticed my appetite has decreased a lot, i would recommend them.. i have also lost more weight in these 3 weeks!!! happy happy

i bought mine from hecticlifestyles.co.uk and they came the next day (paid the cheapest postage)and take 1 twice a day, they are 6000mg and contain no fillers :)

and no i am not working for them to advertise!!!!
  • sophayz
    sophayz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    i have had the same cravings for a while also , they kick in right after i put the kids to sleep which is kinda strange, what i do is i take that time to go to the gym(if my boyfriend is home) or workout at home . working out always get my mind off of eating
  • ThePinkPretzel
    Options
    girl!!

1200 calories is barely enough to survive imho. i am also a stay at home mom and i eat 1800 calories per day and am still losing! if you truly aren't hungry and are just eating out of bordem them you need to find something to occupy your mind like reading or do a low key yoga dvd or soak in a bubble bath, or something that will keep you interested. but trust me 98% of the world needs more than 1200 calories per day! good luck!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I don't see how a stay at home Mom who's caring for an infant is sedentary.

This was my first thought, too.

How has your progress gone so far? Have you lost the 1-1/2 lbs per week you were expecting? More? Less? If the answer is "more" - then you can obviously eat a little more later. If it's the expected amount, then the nighttime snacks aren't hurting.
  • VogtAndrea
    Options
    Here's a few tricks:
    1. drink a glass of water
    2. plan a low cal snack for evening with protein in it
    3. find something to concentrate on that involves your hands and / or alot of thought
    4. do something physical

One of them is sure to work.
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I can understand cravings. I would DIE without pizza in my life. So what did I do? I changed my lifestyle to allow me to eat pizza and still lose weight.

Most diets will fail if you do not give yourself something to look forward to.

I saw that you did some research on splenda and decided that wasn't healthy for you. I would research how eating 1200 calories a day affects you.

For me it was:

Lack of energy.
    Random binges
    Being over all cranky
    Unable to hang out with any one due to my restrictions.

I am under 5' and I eat 1500-1600 calories a day and I lose. I also have pizza at least once a week.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    As a mom there is no way you should consider yourself sedentary. Laundry, cooking, cleaning all burn calories. I don't think you are eating enough and by the end of thd day your body is screaming FEED ME! Now that doesn't mean you get to eat crap. Eat a little more during the day, healthy stuff and have a healthy snack at night. I like peanut butter on english muffin with a banana. Fills me up, can eat it slowly. Mini rice cakes and salsa are great too.

And yes willpower comes in to play... no necessarily in denying yourself but in making healthy choices instead of eating junk.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Maybe check out exactly how many cals you are burning? Are you adding all the running around as a new Mum in your exercise?

Re jiggle your cals so you have some spare in the evening.

I find that if I have a high protein meal at dinner then it staves off hunger for later...but I have a few peanuts?

If I have a slim soup before dinner then I eat less and it gives me a little extra for snacks at supper.

I would not personally go with any appetite suppressant if you are in for the long haul then try your hardest to learn what works for you....which may not work for everybody else...you will find your way just stick with it xx
  • titi4j
    titi4j Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for this post! It's very helpful to me too as I feel you were telling my story. Some of the ideas were very helpful. I however, do take a medication (that I have to take for the rest of my life), that causes weight gain. It is necessary for me to take this medication with 300 calories and in the evening at the same time every day. So I take it at 6:30 (with dinner) and in turn by 8:00 I'm starving!!! Anyway, the responses have given me some ideas so I appreciate your post.
  • PibblesRun
    PibblesRun Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    On 1200 cals a day (the weeks I dont snack at night) I lose about 1-2 lbs a week average. I dont really feel like I do much, I mean I clean, do laundry cook etc but not every day (accept the cooking) And i dont really have to run after her constantly, shes not walking yet. We mostly sit in her playroom and play with toys. I doubt that burns much.

I dont want to only lose 1/2lb a week. 2 lb a week loss is a healthy loss and as long as im not eating under 1200 cals a day im getting all the food I need. All my nutrient levels are great, I montor everything. Fiber, vita c, iron, calcium etc etc are always well above 100 percent. I eat every 2 hours so im not hungry. Its not a matter of being hungry, my body isnt saying feed me, im just craving stuff when im NOT hungry! And I do eat alot of protien, and have double the amount of fiber every day. I have all the staples in the range there suppose to be in...
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    On 1200 cals a day (the weeks I dont snack at night) I lose about 1-2 lbs a week average. I dont really feel like I do much, I mean I clean, do laundry cook etc but not every day (accept the cooking) And i dont really have to run after her constantly, shes not walking yet. We mostly sit in her playroom and play with toys. I doubt that burns much.

I dont want to only lose 1/2lb a week. 2 lb a week loss is a healthy loss and as long as im not eating under 1200 cals a day im getting all the food I need. All my nutrient levels are great, I montor everything. Fiber, vita c, iron, calcium etc etc are always well above 100 percent. I eat every 2 hours so im not hungry. Its not a matter of being hungry, my body isnt saying feed me, im just craving stuff when im NOT hungry! And I do eat alot of protien, and have double the amount of fiber every day. I have all the staples in the range there suppose to be in...

If you are a new Mum and looking after a baby, then, unless you have a mega amount of weight to lose 2lbs a week IMO is not a healthy loss???

But unless you give more info then I am just speculating
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Watching TV is a trigger for me. The commercials with all that yummy looking food. Drink a glass of water and snack slowly on popcorn.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    During commercials, get up and do jumping jacks or pushups or jogging in place. And drink water.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Buy single packs of treats they have at the gas station or by the register. Some of them are only about 150 calories each. Then you can have a treat and still stay near your calorie goal. Buy a whole box at the grocery store if you think you can resist having more than one. But, if you think you can't stop at one package, then just buy in singles.

You shouldn't deprive yourself totally of things or you'll always feel those cravings and they will drive you crazy. Give in once and awhile, in moderation. It won't make you gain.