Under by 1493 calories

Options
124»

Replies

• sportytalldoll
    sportytalldoll Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    This is NOT how you lose weight!

ditto..body eats muscle before fat (its more filling) so thru the night you're not going to be profitting at all from going tobed hungry...and I know you're hungy!
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary you have only been logging for 3 or 4 days?

You have under eaten since you started?

I don`t want to sound mean but, you really need to get into it all a bit more with your diary before you start worrying, you will catch up because you can not carry on like you are...simple reason being you will be mega hungry and will give up

If you use MFP properly then you will lose weight in a good healthy way x
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I looked over your diary, and it looks like under-eating is the rule rather than the exception. Please don't go down this path. Eat more early in the day if your rule is no eating after 7 PM. I understand that - my rule is no eating between meals, ever, and save 100-200 extra calories for dinner and a bedtime snack. I'm more interested in eating later in the day rather than earlier.

Best wishes to you!

THIS! Under-eating is going to hurt you in the long term.
  • DrJanet98
    DrJanet98 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Personally, I tend to have some days that are over by several hundred, and others that are under several hundred, and many more where I come close, but I'm almost never spot-on on target. It's just how my body seems to want to do things. As long as I can keep the two balancing out, I'm good. A 'fast' day *or* a 'cheat' day can give your metabolism a push out of a rut or plateau -- I've lost more weight *after* a day when I was significantly over on calories than I did a whole week of being a little under before that.

If you have an iPad or iPhone or other mobile device, there's a feature of the mobile version of MFP that I love -- it will show you a whole week in one image, including your average for the week. When I go to a Saturday night club meeting, where they have a bunch of munchies, I can look at the past week and decide whether to get the little cheesecake squares and two-bite brownies, or stick to the veggie sticks and lunch meats. I can see that I'm running over for the week, and just knowing that seems to help me not crave as much. (And if I still want the cheesecake, I'll make up for it on Sunday....)

I have learned to keep a lot of little healthy snacks handy at work. I have snack cups of mandarin oranges or diced pears, a can of Healthy Request soup, a package of turkey in the fridge and a Lean Cuisine in the freezer. It's a lot easier to eat healthy if the healthy food is *there*. I also have some 72% dark chocolate, so if I really want chocolate, I have the good stuff, with less sugar and more antioxidants. People tend to bring cookies and cakes and other junk to share, so I have to have something else I can reach for, but in your case it'll be there when you think to yourself, "Gosh, I haven't eaten in several hours!"

When I was in vet school, on my Equine rotation we were so busy some days I didn't have time to eat, so I would bring two Slim Fasts, and have one at 10am and one at 2pm. Saved me from being starving at the end of the school day.

I have come to love quinoa. I can put half a cup in my rice cooker, press the button, and twenty minutes later I've got a nice grain with a lot more protein. You can add broth instead of plain water, and give it more flavor, or just eat it straight. Rice cookers are good for a lot more than just rice! I also love my microwave popcorn popper, which I have been using to make olive oil popcorn, an idea I got from Trader Joe's.

There's a few good practical suggestions, hope they help!
  • cheekyleonie
    cheekyleonie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    If you're that worried about eating after 7, just eat after 7 and do a couple of extra laps around the house.
  • CINDYRN33
    CINDYRN33 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    To the Op I hear you say that you did not mean to be under by so many calories. Its ok just learn from today eat and plan your days better in the future. Nobody is perfect and there is a learning curve to losing weight. It is ok to eat after 7pm time of day you eat will not change the amount weight you loose it all comes down to creating that deficit. Dont take comments personally on here people are just passionate about weight loss. Good luck to you!