Going to try them too!
  • FierceV_Phat
    FierceV_Phat Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I may try these
  • Yolanda_85
    Yolanda_85 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good way to eat bananas...love to taste, hate the texture!! Gonna have to try this, not gonna lie, I'll probably put chocolate chips in them!! Bet the boyfriend will try them too!
  • CacophonyJen
    Options
    Ooh! I have 2 old bananas right now that I was wondering what to do with! (Jen runs to the kitchen...) :love:

(Approximately 25 minutes later...)

These are good! I used steel-cut regular oats, and they cooked surprisingly nicely. Someone shared a pic earlier using quick oats, and mine didn't look anything like that - mine are loosely held together oat clusters. I was worried that the oats wouldn't cook thoroughly, but it was actually pretty good.

I put in 1/3 cup dried cranberries,and that gives a nice bit of sweetness.

A couple notes: Spray the pan lightly with cooking spray first; I had a little bit of sticking on a bare sheet (but not much, really). Also, the recipe is really for two large bananas, I think - mine were on the smaller side, and they are barely holding together.

Great stuff! This one's a keeper!
  • BOOTIEBUSTER1
    BOOTIEBUSTER1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Crazy Good! Almond slices and dried cranberrys....mmmm
    Thanks for the idea!
  • bigjretrac
    bigjretrac Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna have to try this!!
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    thanks! im so picky about bananas most of mine go bad and into the freezer for later!
  • kbogart1996
    kbogart1996 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sheribrasington
    Options
    Bump for later. Thank You!
  • NYChick84
    NYChick84 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    BUUUMMMMMPPPPPPPP
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I so have to try these! I am seeing so many 2 ingredient recipes!
  • karoumee
    karoumee Posts: 100
    Options
    thanks! will try soon
  • trishman73
    Options
    bump
  • heather_huggins
    heather_huggins Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    These are so awesome. I found them on Pinterest or something the other day and made them today.

2 old bananas
    1 cup quick or old fashioned oats

Seriously. That's it. Just mash the bananas and mix in the oats. It's okay if there are still some small chunks of bananas. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.

You can also add things like chocolate chips, walnuts, raisins, etc. The website I saw it on said not to add too many things though because they won't stay together as well.

So these are absolutely wonderful. Even if you eat all the cookies in one sitting (which uh... I did today... and also had doubled the recipe :ohwell: ) you're just eating two bananas and oats! It can't really get any healthier!

Also, I think if you add walnuts, these would be a delicious post-workout snack or even a great breakfast!

Question: What is the nutrition information for these cookies, and how many cookies does this recipe make?

^^ this! would like to know calories, sugars, carbs, proteins, etc for logging! thanks! :)
  • jasminemostyn
    Options
    On the menu for tomorrow!!!
  • Natalie43
    Natalie43 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    i just made them.
    this is what mine looked like:
    twoingredientcookie1-1.jpg
    i used: 1 banana, 1/2 C. quick oats (& added 1/8 C. raisins)
    i refrigerated dough for an hour before baking.
    i baked them on parchment paper ( but i think they wouldve baked cleanly without it)
    yielded 4 soft and chewy cookies as shown.

wow these look professional!!
  • vzryder
    vzryder Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow I am baking, tysvm :)
  • Rachielous
    Rachielous Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    These are so awesome. I found them on Pinterest or something the other day and made them today.

2 old bananas
    1 cup quick or old fashioned oats

Seriously. That's it. Just mash the bananas and mix in the oats. It's okay if there are still some small chunks of bananas. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.

You can also add things like chocolate chips, walnuts, raisins, etc. The website I saw it on said not to add too many things though because they won't stay together as well.

So these are absolutely wonderful. Even if you eat all the cookies in one sitting (which uh... I did today... and also had doubled the recipe :ohwell: ) you're just eating two bananas and oats! It can't really get any healthier!

Also, I think if you add walnuts, these would be a delicious post-workout snack or even a great breakfast!

These sound AMAZING!

I am sat at work dribbling at my desk counting down the hours until I can get home and try it out!