Options
    Can't wait to try this, thanks for the recipe!! :drinker:
  • wooddie14
    wooddie14 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    i just made them.
    this is what mine looked like:
    twoingredientcookie1-1.jpg
    i used: 1 banana, 1/2 C. quick oats (& added 1/8 C. raisins)
    i refrigerated dough for an hour before baking.
    i baked them on parchment paper ( but i think they wouldve baked cleanly without it)
    yielded 4 soft and chewy cookies as shown.

Wow, Thanks for being the test subject and might I say...they look good! I would have ate all 4 also!! :-)
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Mine are in the oven for the kids (LOL) I used active lifestyle maple syrup and pecan oats, mixed with plain will report back x
  • hockeymom95
    hockeymom95 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • pwnderosa
    pwnderosa Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    wow those look awesome! Bananas are just too perfect a food. =D
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Mine didn't work out well... We're going brown around the edges but not setting and just didn't taste too great. Step son loved them though... The little odd ball! Lol. X
  • Shawntel58
    Shawntel58 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • iLose2Gain
    iLose2Gain Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    bump :drinker:
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kittybear86
    kittybear86 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy :)
  • pepeleo
    pepeleo Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am going to go and make these now.:smile:
  • afv417
    afv417 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    dude awesome because i have 2 or 3 old bananas that are starting to go, and lots of quick oats! i think once i stop being lazy and get off my *kitten* today i am going to make this
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    baked bananas...? eek

Ever had banana bread? Or banana nut muffins? No different than any other baked fruit :smile:

Also, plain baked bananas are delicious! If you just put a banana, sliced down the center so it'll bake quicker, into a 375 oven for like 10 minutes with a little cinnamon, it's amazing. Even better with vanilla ice cream :)

yum Im going to try this!!
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I just made them, using only 1 banana and 1/2 cup oats to test out the recipe. I added 2 semi sweet chocolate chips to each cookie. The 1/2 batch made 7 cookies (using tbsp to drop them). They weren't bad at all, but they were 41 calories each for a pretty small cookie. I think I will make them again, but I will add a couple of sweetner packets.
  • steph0924
    steph0924 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Gonna try this!
  • MudDancer
    MudDancer Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm thank you those sound terrific!!
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    These are so awesome. I found them on Pinterest or something the other day and made them today.

2 old bananas
    1 cup quick or old fashioned oats

Seriously. That's it. Just mash the bananas and mix in the oats. It's okay if there are still some small chunks of bananas. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.

You can also add things like chocolate chips, walnuts, raisins, etc. The website I saw it on said not to add too many things though because they won't stay together as well.

So these are absolutely wonderful. Even if you eat all the cookies in one sitting (which uh... I did today... and also had doubled the recipe :ohwell: ) you're just eating two bananas and oats! It can't really get any healthier!

Also, I think if you add walnuts, these would be a delicious post-workout snack or even a great breakfast!

im going to try this and add a little peanut butter yum!!