Has anyone tried the cayenne pepper lemonade cleanse?

Options

Replies

• taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Read The Master Cleanse book...it's all in there. I don't recommend it as the only means for weight loss, it's just a tool. I lost the other 90 pounds by counting calories, healthy eating and exercising every. single. day. I was just expressing to the OP that it worked for me, everyone else was negative. My opinion, and I'm entitled.:wink:

And we all respect your opinion, we just wanted to know what benefits are there for putting yourself through such misery when you can get same benefits, if not better (in terms of nutrition and not making yourself crazy thinking of food), simply by eating at a deficit?

I would also like to know what this cleanse does that simple pooping/urinating won't do to take out the toxins

ETA: Also in a country where english literature isn't easily available plus English is my 4th language making books hard for me to read. Mind highlighting what you learned from it for me?
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Read The Master Cleanse book...it's all in there. I don't recommend it as the only means for weight loss, it's just a tool. I lost the other 90 pounds by counting calories, healthy eating and exercising every. single. day. I was just expressing to the OP that it worked for me, everyone else was negative. My opinion, and I'm entitled.:wink:

You're seriously going to make me pay to download the master cleanse book instead of just telling me what toxins you're removing? I mean, you're on board recommending it to other people- can't you just tell me WHY?
  • RockstarPunch
    RockstarPunch Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I ended up liking the mixture lol (it was a drink to me not a cleanse) BUT! it makes you smell funny and if you have any stomach/digestive issues it will set you back in recovery time. Id say if your tryna Detox just go raw for 30days and in the 30days plan how to eat better.
  • dkp4469
    Options
    I agree a cleanse.. eat 25 to 30 mg of fiber a day. that will cleanse you!! and add vital nutrients to your body.. if your getting your fiber from natural fruits and veggies!! as for any other types of cleanses of colonics. I believe they dehydrate you ...the only weight you lose is water weight. . I dont think they are safe or effective.
  • jillian769
    jillian769 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I was really just hoping to post my experience to the poster and not get into deep discussions about it. lol I know our body is built to rid itself of toxins on its own but there are health benefits also that I can't remember because I did my cleanse a year and a half ago and I gave my book to a friend. There is tons of info about it, just google it. I was just very curious about doing one and because I had so much weight to lose I thought it would give me a little motivation. I know that when you start a diet you lose a lot quickly, but before when I have lost weight I never lost more than 6 pounds in that short of time frame. Honestly although I don't regret it, it was hard. Several of my friends have tried it and they never got past the first day. I don't think most people can do it.
  • jillian769
    Options

You're seriously going to make me pay to download the master cleanse book instead of just telling me what toxins you're removing? I mean, you're on board recommending it to other people- can't you just tell me WHY?

I don't owe you anything. Get your own book. I gave mine away to a friend. WHY did I recommend it??? Because I lost a lot of weight and felt pretty good...that is why...end of story. Goodnight.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    so the book of the program outlines why you should follow the program? :laugh:

i would be surprised if it didnt
  • AnexRavensong
    AnexRavensong Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    A wise-man once said "the fire has to come back out sometime"..

A cayenne pepper lemonade 'cleanse' sounds like you will be burning elsewhere later, I'm just sayin'.
  • dkp4469
    Options
    I just did some research.. go to mastercleanse.com then Stanley Burroughs' master cleanse diet. He is the one that came up with it. In this short article you will find the evidence that 1) he is in no way shape or form any kind of licensed medical anything... and 2) after you read the article.. it should probaly clue you in that this is something that hasnt ever been proven effective or safe. i believe the only reason so many people jump on board with it is because of a certain celebrity that used it. Just my opinion. Im not knocking anyone who does....Just saying that its 1300 calories of sugar daily.... from what I read.... no fiber just sugar....your basically living off of sugar as long as you are on this..
  • thathockeychick23
    Options
    It's a bad idea. I don't know one doctor or nutritionist that recommends this. Simply put, you're starving yourself. Starving yourself is horrible and can mess up your metabolism, making it much harder to lose weight in the long run. Everything highlighted in the Master Cleanse book is obviously going to be positive. You're not going to have a book about something and put all negative or information that counteracts what you are trying to get people to do. The best thing for you to do is just go clean in your diet and workout. Add lots of fruits and vegetables, especially green vegetables, and this will detox your body without having to starve yourself. Starvation diets are bad and that's just what the master cleanse is.
  • stepheatscake
    stepheatscake Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    If this is the master cleanse then i have a few words of advise: if you are doing this for weight loss, be careful. If you want to rid your body of toxins, clear up your skin etc then go for it it's fantastic. Just be careful because it can do wonders for some ppl but opposite effects on others. For me, it was terrible. My mom loves it though and has done it a few times.
  • MoreBean13
    Options

I don't owe you anything. Get your own book. I gave mine away to a friend. WHY did I recommend it??? Because I lost a lot of weight and felt pretty good...that is why...end of story. Goodnight.

FOR THE RECORD- I downloaded this book since we first spoke, and it is the most bat-ish tinfoil-hat wearing insane drivel I have EVER READ. I'm sorry, but you, as a rational person with the ability to distinguish science fiction from reality cannot have actually read this book and believed it. I respect you too much to think that. You've been playing me. Well played, my friend, well played.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    OP, props to you for asking about it on here BEFORE trying it! It's certainly hard to tell what works and what doesn't with all the false information going around in the media.

As others have said, this may give you short term results, but it will not keep the weight off, and it will screw up your metabolism. It will deprive you of important nutrients, and you'll lose a lot of muscle mass (and muscle actually helps you burn calories-it is very metabolically active). It will NOT rid your body of toxins-that's what your kidneys, liver, and digestive system is for. Your body is an amazing machine,and it doesn't need help getting the crap out. Slow and steady wins the race.
  • jillian769
    Options

FOR THE RECORD- I downloaded this book since we first spoke, and it is the most bat-ish tinfoil-hat wearing insane drivel I have EVER READ. I'm sorry, but you, as a rational person with the ability to distinguish science fiction from reality cannot have actually read this book and believed it. I respect you too much to think that. You've been playing me. Well played, my friend, well played.

LOL I skimmed through the important parts...I am way too A.D.D. to read anything that boring word for word. I just said it worked for me and to try it...I didn't say it cured cancer.:ohwell:
  • MoreBean13
    Options

LOL I skimmed through the important parts...I am way too A.D.D. to read anything that boring word for word. I just said it worked for me and to try it...I didn't say it cured cancer.:ohwell:

I got you...haha....I just got to the chapter about not needing protein because you make it from air and couldn't take it anymore! hahaha. Did you do the salt water chugging bit or just the lemonade?
  • minsooky
    Options
    Here's the real scoop, the concoction is extremely low in calories, so of course you're going to shed a lot of weight. Expect to also poop a lot. Expect to also feel what I call a "starvation high"...a lot of people like to say it's the toxins flushing right now, but you're just feeling a bit woozy from not eating.

Frankly, if you want to maintain long term weight loss, this will not do it. It's a quick fix. To keep it off long term, you need to develop healthy eating habits.
  • keelyjrs
    keelyjrs Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Yeah its great.....
    it tastes disgusting, you get headaches and stomach cramps, feel dizzy and faint then to top it off the bit of weight you lose goes straight back on again when you finish

Don't even waste your time, its dangerous as you are deliberately putting yourself into ketosis.... oh and you get bad breath too

Healthy eating and exercise are the only ways to lose weight safely
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to be blunt but how anyone could truly believe that a "cleanse" like this could have a positive effect on the body is beyond me. If you want to cleanse drink plenty of plain water & stop eating crap. If you want to be healthy and lose weight, eat plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables, keep meats lean and grains whole as much as possible and don't smother everything with dressings and sauces. Add exercise and stir. Its really not more complicated than that. There is no quick fix.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

You did say it removed toxins. Do you retract that then?
    It's only fair that people get valid information on here.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    27739717_5111.jpg