What music do YOU work out to?

Options

Replies

• ReNewYou
    Options
    My Mp3 player contains nothing but metal. Mostly thrash and power metal. Nothing motivates me more than hearing a song about going to battle like a true viking hurr hurr

^^This! All i have is metal. My favorite is Eluveitie, Five Finger Death Punch, and Disturbed.
  • bellydancer124
    Options
    My favorites are DMX and Eminem. But, honestly, I listen to just about anything when working out. My playlist runs from rap to opera and everything in between. :happy:

When I'm dancing, my favorite is Shakira.
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    My Mp3 player contains nothing but metal. Mostly thrash and power metal. Nothing motivates me more than hearing a song about going to battle like a true viking hurr hurr

^^This! All i have is metal. My favorite is Eluveitie, Five Finger Death Punch, and Disturbed.

Great music taste!

@bellydancer12;; awesome! I forgot about using Shakira, I used to love using her music to work out too
  • timmyb057
    timmyb057 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Black Sabbath, Metallica, Godsmack, Iron Maiden and more from that genre. They really help me get through a workout.

^^This! Add some Guns and Roses, Pantera, Danzig, and Jimi Hendrix you've basically got my workout playlist. Start every playlist with "Welcome to the Jungle"...it just sets the tone for weight day :happy:
  • Aello11
    Aello11 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    disturbed, five finger death punch, linkin park to name just a few :)
  • Rosbrook1985
    Rosbrook1985 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    My first start of song is R U Mine by The Arctic Monkeys,

That song is the first song on all of my workout playlists!

Weirdly, I fine relaxing music does wonders on my runs, the Stave is my choice at the moment!!
  • dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    About the only time I'm listening to music excercising is when I'm on the heavybag punching away, so I need some high energy, azz kicking music!! So, I listen to Avenged Sevenfold, Disturbed, Hollywood Undead, Godsmack, Rage Against the Machine, Shinedown, Egypt Central, older Metallica and bands like that.. Got to have that high energy..
  • casey882
    casey882 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I love my music but I can't play metal rock punk or anything like that not that I don't like it coz some of it I like a lot but aggressive music makes me aggressive and when I play it I want to fight every one so I stay clear
    At the mo for workouts it SCOOTER all the way lol respect to the man in the ice cream van but I've got a few workout playlist I've just join a gym and I try to do 30mins each machine so I've got a different muisc for each one my playlist start slow for the warm up then get faster n faster pumpin me up pushin me harder then at the end slowing down for warm down that way I just go with the pace of the music don't even feel like a work out have to much fun
    So it has to hardcore all the way hardcore u no the score lol if you music playing and u can think ur music not load enuff load n proud lol and one I've just thought of if u can't hear the bass how can u keep up with the pace lol
  • BeSophisticate
    Options
    Bump for music ideas.

My current favorite is LMFAO - I'm Sexy and I Know It. :laugh:

But, I only have about 45 minutes of music on my mp3 player, so I'm having the too-much-repetition problem, too.
  • Wannabeachday
    Wannabeachday Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Devildriver, Caliban, Metallica, Pantera, Soulfly, Fear Factory :D
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Everyone has such awesome music tastes!
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Breaking Benjamin, Linkin Park, Seether, Godsmack, Eric Church, Dierks Bentley, Tom Petty, Pitbull, Rihanna, Metallica, Jay-z, Guns-n-Roses....a little bit of everything.
  • aforange
    aforange Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Machine Head, Lamb of God, DJ Fresh, UKF Drum and Bass, Chase and Status, Nelly Furtado, Knife Party, Gojira, Trivium and moooo000oo00o00ooo0ooooch more! I like a hearty mix.
  • TheGuitarist1970
    Options
    I am LOVING seeing all this metal in the thread. I work out at Planet Fitness to Opeth, Lamb of God and Mastodon all the time and I look out at others wondering if it's all dance music in their ears. \m/ Rock the weight OFF!
  • caldon4523
    caldon4523 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    70s and 80s. My top songs:

Born to run
    Layla
    Ai Se Eu Te Pego (Michal Telo, check out his video!)
    Good Morning Starshine - Oliver
    I Couldn't live without your love - Petula Clark
    Jessica - Allman Brothers
    Orange Blossom Special (Mikayla Roach, check out her video)
    Ruby Tuesday - Stones
    Show me the way - Frampton
    The show must go on - 3 Dog Night
    Sweet Caroline - Neil diamond
    I Feel Fine - Beatles
    Tears of a Clown - smokey robinson
    It Takes Two - Marven Gay
    Higher - Jakie Wilson
    Suite: Judy Blue Eyes - Crosby, Stills
    I know a place - Petula Clark
  • deasher
    Options
    I LISTEN TOO SWEET "SOCA MUSIC"! for those of you who ever visited my country "Trinidad" for carnival will know what im taking about! its sort of like Calypso only sweeter and energetic makes you feel to move and grind to the rythm! lol
  • logdunne
    logdunne Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Last shuffle of my playlist included Alestorm, necrogoblicon, lemon jelly, Turisas, Eluviete, avenged sevenfold, Korn, Slipknot, QOTSA, Feeder, Rage Against the Machine, RHCP and limp bizkit-
    It made me feel like a pirate/viking/stoner/angryteenager on acid :bigsmile:
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    Trance / Dance music (more a less dance music because of the beat) and some rock or metal.
  • Surfrider
    Surfrider Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Quite a diverse selection, depending on the mood.

Ive recently had Deadmau5 for lifting sessions and ran to some old Static X this morning!
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Barbara Streisand and Tony Bennet!

Wait....no.....that would suck monkey ba**s.

When I run I've got a playlist created with songs at about 150 bpm, to help keep my pace. It's got rock, blues, metal, even some 80's tunes. For me, it's all about that pace.