Low calorie eggnog

Options
I love eggnog and I have been craving it but I cannot find any in stores thats low calorie. Does anyone know of any brand that meets this criteria? :ohwell:

Replies

• Brandi1168
    Brandi1168 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I don't know of any low calorie eggnog, but when I was little my parents would fill a glass half way with eggnog and the rest with milk. If you used skim milk that would help bring the calories down. Or you could just have a small glass of it.
  • admnmtpilot
    admnmtpilot Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Have you thought of making your own??? This is a Hungry Girl recipe that I used a long time ago...

HG’s No-Nonsense Nog!

Nog Heaven!
    It's BAAA-AACK! We couldn't resist serving up our insanely great eggnog recipe now that the holidays are here again. True, there are a few good packaged nogs out there. First there was Silk Nog -- great stuff with less than half the calories of regular eggnog. Then along came Vitasoy with Holly Nog -- another delicious, guilt-free version. And while we love those, Hungry Girl's super-easy, make-at-home version has just 88 calories per 8-oz. serving!!! And it is super-thick & creamy and tastes as good as the real thing (trust us -- we've now tested it out on 213 people!). So dust off that blender of yours and go NOG WILD!

Ingredients:
    5 cups 8th Continent Light Vanilla Soymilk (or another light vanilla soymilk**)
    1 small (4-serving) package Jell-O Sugar Free Fat Free Instant Pudding mix, Vanilla
    6 no-calorie sweetener packets (like Splenda)
    1 tsp. rum extract or imitation rum extract
    1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg

Directions:
    In a blender, combine all ingredients and blend on high until mixed thoroughly. Refrigerate for a few hours to allow it to thicken. Makes five 1-cup servings!

HG Alternative! For some "over 21" eggnog, add 5 ounces of rum to the recipe. With 153 calories and a POINTS® value of 3* per serving, that's WAY better than an ordinary eggnog cocktail!

Serving Size: 1 cup (1/5th of recipe)
    Calories: 88
    Fat: 2g
    Sodium: 350mg
    Carbs: 11g
    Fiber: 0g
    Sugars: 5g
    Protein: 6g

POINTS® value 2*

vs. regular eggnog...big difference...

Alta Dena Holiday Eggnog

Serving Size: 1 cup
    Calories: 460
    Fat: 20g
    Sodium: 640mg
    Carbs: 58g
    Fiber: 0g
    Sugars: 58g
    Protein: 12g

POINTS® value 11*
  • azjenny72
    azjenny72 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    bumping for that recipe
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    My mom used to make homemade eggnog. She used:

I egg
    about a quarter cup of sugar, (I'm sure you could replace that with artificial sweetener.)
    1 tsp vanilla.
    nutmeg, (I'm not sure how much)

blend for about 30 to 45 seconds

add 2 cups of milk

blend for about 10, or 15 seconds.

That's what I grew up on. I could never stand the store bought stuff, though.
  • beezipper
    beezipper Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Silk's soy "Holiday Nog" is super delicious. I like milk alternatives, but don't generally prefer the taste of soy milk, and I still love the Silk Nog. I think it's 90 calories for 1/2 a cup - the lowest I've seen.
  • prairiedawg2014
    Options
    woohoo! love eggnog! thank you! bump!
  • towens00
    towens00 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Silk's soy "Holiday Nog" is super delicious. I like milk alternatives, but don't generally prefer the taste of soy milk, and I still love the Silk Nog. I think it's 90 calories for 1/2 a cup - the lowest I've seen.

I love the Silk Soy also! 90 calories, 2gm of fat...woot!
  • sweetgeek18
    Options
    I agree, I am a huge fan of Silk's 'Holiday Nog' - and I don't like the taste of soymilk, but this really does taste like the real thing, and at 90 cals for 1/2 cup, it is a very satisfying little treat.
  • topshopperwantabe
    topshopperwantabe Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    bump
  • NerdyTXChick
    NerdyTXChick Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I like DaVinci Sugar Free Egg Nog Syrup (made with Splenda). You can put it in skim milk, or my favorite way - a vanilla protein shake with a little nutmeg on top. It tastes just like egg nog to me, and adds no extra calories. I ordered mine online.
  • ShyFeather
    ShyFeather Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I saw at the store the other day Fat-free egg nog that was 100 cals per 1/2 cup. Wish I could remember the brand :/
  • velmaisvelma
    velmaisvelma Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Don't know if they carry these at any grocery store near you (I find them in the pretty main ones here near the salad dressings and "organic" type juices), but the Bolthouse Farms "Vanilla Chai" has always tasted remarkably like eggnog to me... and though it's not necessarily super low calorie, it's got a bunch of added nutritional value for similar taste. It's also soy. There's also coconut eggnog milk out there... however I have no opinion on the taste of it, as I am allergic!
  • gdadki
    gdadki Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    bump
  • marywilsoncline
    marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your comments and help. I will def. check out Silk's holiday nog. :drinker: I have thought about making it myself but did'nt have a clue how .
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I made this Hungry Girl recipe last Christmas, and it really is good. Just be sure to let it sit in the fridge awhile so the pudding thickens. Also, I found it needs a shake before you pour. Enjoy :)
  • victoriavoodoo
    victoriavoodoo Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    If you like froyo and there is a Yogurtland near you, they have limited edition eggnog flavor this week only(until sunday) and it is delicious! 25 calories an ounce(4 ounces is a good sized little treat).
  • mhaight85
    Options
    So Delicious makes a dairy free eggnog from coconut milk. It's very tasty and only 90 calories for 4 oz. I'm not into soy, so when I go with a dairy free alternative I either use coconut milk or almond milk.

Most major stores do carry a lowfat "eggnog flavored" drink. I'm not sure the calorie count, but around here the label I see most is "Holly Nog." It's right next the to regular eggnog. It basically tastes like eggnog that's been mixed with milk.

As kids we always diluted eggnog with diet soda like 7up, sprite or ginger ale. Now I try to stay away from artificial sweetners but still love the fizzy taste of eggnog and soda. :O)

At the holidays I like to use real eggnog instead of coffee creamer - yum!
  • ddwin
    ddwin Posts: 78
    Options
    You could make it with Almond Milk as well.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    So Delicious makes a dairy free eggnog from coconut milk. It's very tasty and only 90 calories for 4 oz.

YES! I love this stuff. It satisfies my egg nog craving and my non dairy drinking husband can have it too.