Pear Shapes and Jeans! Advice please!

Options
13»

Replies

• stangirl1995
    stangirl1995 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have bought some levi's at Kohl's that are my favorite. They are mid waist instead of low rise. I find that with mid waist I don't have the gap problem I have had my entire life.
  • cheree1969
    cheree1969 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    In Canada, Mark's Work Wearhouse has an amazing jean for curvy ladies. I bought a pair a few weeks ago. Never had a pair fit as good as them.
  • LMick1986
    Options
    I don't have a suggestion as to WHERE to buy jeans, as I'm a thrift shopper. However, I will say that I love skinny jeans!! I used to be scared of them, but I gave them a shot and loved them. When I think pear shaped, I think Kim Kardashian. I know a ton of people are not a fan of hers, but you can't deny that booty and those hips! She's always wearing skinny jeans. They look amazing on her! I'm not so much a fan of the bootcut on pear shaped women, as they tend to make us look shorter and stumpier. Skinny jeans will help elongate, in my opinion.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I love Lane Bryant Venezia jeans. I'm a total pear and they look/fit great. Most other brands are just too big in the waist. I definitely think pears should stick to boot or regular cut. We have too much hip/thigh weight to look good in skinny jeans (Sofia included).

Um, speak for yourself.

I'm a pear and now that I've lost the excess weight off my hip/thighs, the skinny jeans fit and look just fine.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I wear skinny jeans as well. I'm short (5'2) and they look me look longer than bootcut jeans. I actually cannot find a pair of jeans that aren't skinny cut that do not get all stretched out/saggy/baggy/floppy butt in an hour. I like my jeans tiiiiiiiiight.

Do skinny jeans make me look hippy? Yes.

Am I hippy? Yes.

I like it. :)
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I have been wearing Taillissime by LaReDoute. The style that fits us pear-shaped women is no longer being made. For quite a while I wore Rider jeans, but again, but they have stopped making the styles that fit my wide hips, butt and thighs. Personally, if the jean fits correctly I prefer straight legs that sits at my natural waist or just below. I really dislike any pant that sits on my hips, always feel like I've got plumber's butt.

I am going to try the Levi Curves. There's a store downstairs in my building.
  • trophywife24
    Options
    I don't have a suggestion as to WHERE to buy jeans, as I'm a thrift shopper. However, I will say that I love skinny jeans!! I used to be scared of them, but I gave them a shot and loved them. When I think pear shaped, I think Kim Kardashian. I know a ton of people are not a fan of hers, but you can't deny that booty and those hips! She's always wearing skinny jeans. They look amazing on her! I'm not so much a fan of the bootcut on pear shaped women, as they tend to make us look shorter and stumpier. Skinny jeans will help elongate, in my opinion.

I agree. I don't try to hide my shape, its not like it's something to be embarrassed about?
  • trophywife24
    Options
    Skinny jeans don't look good on ANYONE who has any sort of shape to their body (except maybe banana shape).

If you have nice hips, or a butt etc it just makes you look fat even if you aren't (like a sausage). They are the worst "fashion" invention ever. They should be going out of style soon, they have over stayed their welcome.

I'm somewhere between hourglass and pear shaped (.68 hips to waist ratio, I think I lack enough boobage for be hourglass), and I quite personally prefer boot cut and flared leg jeans. I think they even us out better.

I think you'd find that those people are wearing their jeans two sizes two small and it doesn't really have anything to do with the cut of the jeans at all. If you look like a sausage in anything, then you're not wearing what you need to be wearing, period.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    The biggest problem though...the back pockets!! The jeans looks absolutely adorable on the rack. I put them on and the back pockets are on my hamstrings. WTH???

Does anyone else have this issue? I am trying to figure out what type of shape the jeans manufacturers are making clothes for.

Oh, I hate that! That's my biggest peeve of all. I've worked so hard to get my *kitten* up where it belongs and the pockets are halfway to my knees.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I read a blog that said pockets are supposed to end bellow your butt check but yeah, it feels so weird. I have one pair that does and it feels like my pants are constantly falling down.

I also don't understand trying to hide our hips and *kitten*. They are our most obvious feature. They really can't be hidden. All you do is make the rest of your body look as big as them. I like to show how big they are and how small everything else is. I have a 28" waist and 40" hips.

So Cosmo says you're fat
    Well I ain't down with that!
    'Cause your waist is small and your curves are kickin'...
  • trophywife24
    Options
    Yep, totally. Some things you just can't hide. I have 25" waist and 37" hips. Kapow, seriously. lol.
  • poseyj88
    poseyj88 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Levi's 515. The waist is a little higher, but allows room for a pear shape and smaller waist! I have ones that are boot cut.

I also have the "curvy straight" jeans from GAP outlet. They're aren't full skinnies, and I think they complement my shape well... with no gaping at the waist!
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Gap Long & Lean jeans are almost the only fit of any brand that don't majorly gape in the back for me.
    Also some of the Levi's 515.
  • sweetpotatofry
    sweetpotatofry Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I didn't expect this thread to go as far as it did -- thank you ladies for all your feedback and advice!! I will definitely check out Levi's and the other suggestions you guys had. Actually I had no idea there were specific lines for pear-shaped or bottom-heavier women. That's pretty cool :love:
  • TrashyAbercrombie
    TrashyAbercrombie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I wear a lot of mid rise jeans from the Buckle. I don't have a problem with my underwear/crack hanging out and I feel that the waist of the jeans hold their shape well and I have no need for a belt C:
  • H217
    H217 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've had pretty good luck with bullhead jeans (I'm 5'2 with short legs and a definitive pear-shape).
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    My goal jeans, WHEN I HIT GOAL, will be the softer denim...darker wash and long in the legs (5'11'') and not stretch out too much as I wear them. They will most likely be a low rise but not so low where I always have to pull them up. I'm assuming to get all of those features in a jean that I'll have to probably pay around $80-100. I don't know what brand they will be yet...I'll have to try on a lot of brands. But I'm looking forward to being at goal and trying on jeans! :bigsmile: Do any of you have a clue what brands I should try on?