Vitamins make me feel too full to eat.

Options
2»

Replies

• julimonster
    julimonster Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I always take all my pills (like vitamins and supplements) after I've eaten. Could that work for you? You should be taking them with food regardless
    I agree, vitamin up AFTER eating

(I had to quote this because that profile pic had me LMAO)
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Don't take them before you eat. Eat and take them halfway through or after. Most vitamins need food to help them be absorbed.

^ This
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    It is perfectly fine to wait until noon to eat. You don't have to eat in the morning.

Try to stagger your vitamins though. For things like multivitamins you should take half in the AM and half in the PM as there is only so much your body will absorb at a time.

Always try to take your vitamins after eating though. I find if I take a multi without eating I feel sick afterwards.
  • stresco
    stresco Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies so far. I guess I can wait till after I start eating to take my vitamins in the morning.

As for what I take daily:
    Fish Oil
    Chondroitin and Glucosamine complex
    Calcium and Magnesium complex
    B-12
    Vit-D
    BCAA complex
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    When I get up in the morning, the first thing I do is put a pot of coffee on, and then take my vitamins. I feel so full after taking them, I don't want to eat breakfast. Sometimes I don't have my first meal until almost 12 which is way too late. I know that a simple solution would be to stagger my vitamin intake throughout the day, but I am sure that I will forget and then before I know it, I wont be getting the supplements I need.

Does anybody else ever feel this way?

That has never happened before. If I take a pill and then I'm not hungry, then I just took a stimulant, not a vitamin. Try taking your vitamin after you eat.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I wish I had this problem! I am so hungry in the morning! My vitamins don't fill me up at all.
  • jennjenn720
    Options
    im sorry for waking up a dead post but i just HAD TO post this!

Vitamin D is LIKELY SAFE when taken by mouth in recommended amounts. Most people do not commonly experience side effects with vitamin D, unless too much is taken. Some side effects of taking too much vitamin D include weakness, fatigue, sleepiness, headache, LOSS OF APPETITE , dry mouth, metallic taste, nausea, vomiting, and others.