I Don't Get It!!!

Options
Since Monday the 26th I have stayed within my calories and way within the fat allowed and have stayed at 188 lbs. No budging. Now if I cheated and ate bad stuff, I could understand, but I haven't. I've been totally good. If I stay under the 1200 calories allowed, I stay at 188 lbs. If I go over the calories by 91, I stay at 188 lbs. I've had it!!! If I exercise, I stay the same, if I don't exercise, I stay the same. It is way too early in this program to have hit a plateau. I lost 6 1/2 pounds the first 4 days, gained 1 pound back and have stayed the same since. Uggghhh!!!

Replies

• PhotographerOfNature
    PhotographerOfNature Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Since Monday the 26th I have stayed within my calories and way within the fat allowed and have stayed at 188 lbs. No budging. Now if I cheated and ate bad stuff, I could understand, but I haven't. I've been totally good. If I stay under the 1200 calories allowed, I stay at 188 lbs. If I go over the calories by 91, I stay at 188 lbs. I've had it!!! If I exercise, I stay the same, if I don't exercise, I stay the same. It is way too early in this program to have hit a plateau. I lost 6 1/2 pounds the first 4 days, gained 1 pound back and have stayed the same since. Uggghhh!!!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Don't be discoraged. It really is way too early in the game and it takes time for your body to adjust to your new lifestyle. I consistantly go several weeks without a loss and then BAM...it just drops. It WILL happen, I promise. Don't fret so much over what the scale is telling you, but concentrate over how better you feel overall. To quote a very wise person...."Slow and Steady wins the race.":smile:
  • PhotographerOfNature
    Options
    I keep telling myself that. But I keep trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I think, am I not eating enough fat, because I keep it really low, like yesterday I had 8 gr out of the 40 allowed. But it's scarey to eat more fat. That just seems wrong. I'll keep plugging, but I sure like the immediate result thing I had the first 4 days of the program. :ohwell:
  • bluerobi
    bluerobi Posts: 22
    Options
    We are a world of instante gradification, but that is short lived. Hang in there. You will drop the pounds. I too have had the same problem. I weigh myself daily and sometimes twice a day. I find that I weigh less when I come home from work than when I get up in the morning, so that is the time I weigh every day. Everyone says do not weigh every day but I like to at least know I am not gaining. Get your exercise in even if it is just a walk around the block. Don't give up. :flowerforyou:
  • tlitzner
    tlitzner Posts: 124
    Options
    My first 2 1/2 weeks I dropped 11 pounds and then I had four weeks of nothing. Nada. Zilch. It was awful, I was following all of the rules also, I felt so discouraged. Then, when was two months into the new way of living healthy, I started losing again and have been losing about 2 pounds per week since. Here is a link to an awesome post from Banks regarding phases of weight loss. It helped me stay on track and be patient.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations

Good luck!
  • jrmckee
    jrmckee Posts: 15
    Options
    You may want to take your measurements, you may have gained muscle instead, therefore your measurements will be smaller. Also you want to make sure you eat your fat it is important for brain function. But please don't be discouraged it takes time, just give your body time to adjust.
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Maybe its not so much that you are not losing weight but maybe you are losing inches? How do your clothes feel? Are they the same or a little looser? I have consistantly stayed the same weight for a while but I have lost inches and my clothes are starting to get quite baggy. I think I may need to go on a shopping spree before vacation. :laugh:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Same here for me--about my 4th week, I lost nothing for 8 days--then dropped 3.5 pounds in two days. Now I have only lost 1 pound this week, so am waiting for the next big drop!!! (I hope, I hope, I hope!! rolleye0016.gif)
  • jill5677
    jill5677 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    It's only been FOUR days and already you're discouraged?

You should only weigh in ONCE a week, not every day. Our weight flucutate from morning to night from day to day. So please don't get discouraged that you haven't lost anything in 4 days.

Remember, this is NOT a fad diet, it's NOT a way to drop 50 pounds in a month. Healthy weight loss consists of 1 - 2 lbs per week. If you've already lost 4, you're ahead of the game.

Don't get discouraged!!!! Keep plugging away to your healthier you!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain- I have been at the same weight since Febuary. I'm not budging either it is very discouraging and now I just found out that I only have 6 weeks left until my husband returns home from Iraq I have already kicked everything up a notch over the last month and still nothing it is very very annoying and discouraging but I can't stop and neither can you just ride it out try changing up your workout routine- do something different or do it longer. Good luck
  • PhotographerOfNature
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! I will keep at it. And I did the same thing when my husband went to Korea. Everytime he leaves, I can lose weight easier :smile: But, I'd rather have him here than someplace else just so I can lose weight. He's here now and it's going ok. I just have to keep plugging. I'm looking forward to the big drop that you all are talking about. Thanks for the encouragement.