Lose a stone in a week

Options
I found this on a site ..... Fad dietir really work??

The STRICT commando 7 day diet – Guest post
44 Comments
I met up with a business contact whom is called Julian a few days ago,he was looking fabulous and he’d obviously lost some weight, i asked him to tell me (and you) how he’d gone about it – and this is his story, I have to warn you, it’s vicious and is only for the short term, and If you are in any doubt, consult your doctor before trying it, here at MyBFD we are NOT advocating that you try it, but I wanted to see what your opinions are for this week long plan.

Marine commando 7 day diet…
Day 1
Breakfast 3 eggs
Lunch 3 eggs
Dinner 3 eggs
Day 2
1 egg or grapefruit
Fresh fruit salad
Steak, Tomatoes, Celery and cottage cheese
Day 3
1 egg or grapefruit
Fish, Tomatoes, spinach and Salad
Lean Lamb chops, tomatoes and salad
Day 4
1 egg or grapefruit
Green salad and tomatoes
3 eggs and dried toast
Day 5
1 egg or grapefruit
Fish, Tomatoes, and Salad
Lean ham salad, tomatoes and spinach
Day 6
1 egg or grapefruit
3 eggs dried toast
Steak Celery, tomatoes and cottage cheese
Day 7
1 egg or grapefruit
Fresh fruit salad
Lean lamb chops salad and tomatoes
Black coffee, water or pure lemon juice can be taken with the meal. Eat exactly what is stated where amount are stated, where they are not eat as much as you want.
DO NOT EAT BETWEEN MEALS. No dressings or sauces only vinegar is allowed
DO NOT use this diet more than four times a year. There should be a loss of up to 1 stone, variations of the die will have a MAJOR effect on the amount of weight you lose.
Weigh yourself at the beginning and at the very end of the diet.
Let me know your thoughts on this 7 day hell, sorry diet plan!

Replies

• jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I'm rather eat the dogs food for a week then follow that.
  • kimbolay7
    kimbolay7 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Sounds boring, I've tried so many ridiculous fad diets, none have worked for me. Clean eating and exercising 4 times a week is helping me shed the weight and will keep it off. But that's just me! :)
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Crash diet. Oh what fun...
  • rachietuk
    rachietuk Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Thats just crazy
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Any diet that promises a specific result in a specific short period of time is a fad diet.
    Can you look at that and say you could eat like that the rest of your life? No...fad diet.
  • Joannie30
    Joannie30 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Fad. Don't do it.
  • Mamafred
    Mamafred Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    That would take the weight off so fast you would look like a shar pei puppy by the end of it.
    Slow and steady all the way!
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    It's only temporary so a complete waste of effort.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Any diet that promises a specific result in a specific short period of time is a fad diet.
    Can you look at that and say you could eat like that the rest of your life? No...fad diet.

Couldn't have said it better.
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I'm rather eat the dogs food for a week then follow that.

Yeah my dogs food main ingredient is Salmon - Yum
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    I doubt any marine could survive on that, it's not enough calories.
  • fraser112
    Options
    Thats pretty much a protein sparing partial fast

Yes you will loose a stone if you are fat
    It will be mostly water
    you will loose 2-3 pounds and will work for a jump to your diet if you have will power but when you add carbs the water will come back and if you eat to much after like any diet.

Dont do it for more than a week take a multi and fish oils (10gs a day) and it will do you no harm at all. If you are obese you can do this long term if you keep the fish oils up and do no cardio and lift. The protein should be plenty to stop muscle loss.
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Looks similar to a diet I've done before. Works yes, I've used it to "kick off" a diet but you gain it back if you don't eat properly afterwards. I used it once to start and continued to eat well and kept weight off for about a year then gained it back. This time around I changing my habits completely and weight is slower in coming off but I am healthier and in better shape.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Try it. Let us know how it works out for you.
  • Jackmg
    Jackmg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Water weight losses. The fasting and extremely low carbs will put you regularly in a ketogenic state which will shed the water. Not a bad thing but by no means is that stone weight loss going to be primarily fat.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    seemslegit2.jpg
  • fraser112
    Options
    Water weight losses. The fasting and extremely low carbs will put you regularly in a ketogenic state which will shed the water. Not a bad thing but by no means is that stone weight loss going to be primarily fat.

You will loose more fat in a short time but if you don't exactly understand why you are eating like the above don't do it.
    The rapid fat loss book follows this type of diet and its over 100 pages of science and research.
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Isn't one stone like 14 lbs? That's a bit ridiculous. It's impossible to lose that much fat in one week.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Any diet with a name should most likely be avoided.
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    No, just no, all those eggs my wind would be wild!