I'm won't to gain weight

Options
I have been trying to gain weight for a long time, i eat a lot. Is there anyathing any one can suggest, any tips that may help me gain 10lbs by the end of the year.:sad: ::happy:

Replies

• kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Is English not your first language? What you have for TOPIC breaks down to "I am will not to gain weight."

What?
  • janey1306
    Options
    I had a friend who wanted to gain weight. He wasnt the healthiest of eaters i have to say but as well as his 3 meals a day, he used to try and have 3 or 4 digestive biscuits with a brew for his snacks about 3 times a day and 2 or 3 bananas. He also drank a weight gain drink made with milk that i dont remember the name of im sorry, it might actually be called weight gain. I should mention he was very underweight and very tall, and wanted to gain much more than you
  • s0ulrunner
    Options
    Try eating more calorie dense foods such as nuts, nut butters, avocados, bagels, energy bars, etc. Make sure you are eating more than you burn.
  • janey1306
    Options
    Is English not your first language? What you have for TOPIC breaks down to "I am will not to gain weight."

What?

or may be dyslexic, but once you read the post you know what they meant
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options

What?

Typo aside, the content of the message was clear enough. No need to be snarky.

Anyway, lifting seems to be a good way to gain weight in a healthy way. It might be worth posting (on the fitness board) a question about how to gain weight by lifting. There are a ton of lifters on MFP, so you're sure to get plenty of recommendations. Tell folks what you've tried and open your diary so they can see what you eat.

Good luck!
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    10 lbs by the end of the year will be almost all fat. If that's your goal, I suggest having Thanksgiving everyday.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Ensure?
  • cyberblonde
    cyberblonde Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I expect it it just predictive text, I have to watch my iPad all of the time as it is always changing what I am trying to write, drives me mad!

Anyway, I am great at gaining weight, just eat loads and sit on the couch, however I guess it is not that easy for you or you would not be asking. Are you trying to build your muscle mass or just gain weight?
  • janey1306
    Options
    Typo aside, the content of the message was clear enough. No need to be snarky.

Anyway, lifting seems to be a good way to gain weight in a healthy way. It might be worth posting (on the fitness board) a question about how to gain weight by lifting. There are a ton of lifters on MFP, so you're sure to get plenty of recommendations. Tell folks what you've tried and open your diary so they can see what you eat.

Good luck!
    [/quote]

I agree with all of this,lifting is a good idea, sarcasm is not!
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    eat a jar of peanut butter and a gallon of milk every night
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    more calorie dense foods is a great idea and you might even have to eat more frequently.
    adding avocados to sandwiches and salads is good.

and 10 pounds by the end of the year might be alot since if you're going to do it that quickly it's probably going to be fat. i would suggest eating over your TDEE and wight lifting to make sure all of what you gain won't be fat.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    No snark intended, just that the topic title doesn't communicate. If I were trying to communicate in Spanish, and my title came out all wrong, I'd want somebody to tell me.
  • gekcsk
    gekcsk Posts: 52 Member
    Options

What?

That is rude!!! We are here to help each other, not put them down.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    Are you recovering from an eating disorder?
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

What?

That is rude!!! We are here to help each other, not put them down.

Yes...because this was especially helpful. Feel better now?

To the OP, eat more, move less. The weight will follow.
  • janey1306
    Options
    No snark intended, just that the topic title doesn't communicate. If I were trying to communicate in Spanish, and my title came out all wrong, I'd want somebody to tell me.

I had the intelligence to read the post to make sure what the op meant along with every other poster EXCEPT YOU

If you were genuinely trying to help you would have sent a private message, instead of a down right rude comment that could only cause embarrassment. This forum is for help with diet and fitness not English lessons.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I looked at your profile - Blank with no info other than female. What's your height, weight, exercise preference? Can you open up your diary so we can see what your calorie intake looks like?

Try eating Peanut butter, olive oil, avocados, nuts, full fat foods, they are calorie dense.

Profiles with no info always make me think there's a troll in the dungeon :noway:
  • LesleeBeAlive
    Options
    I looked at your profile - Blank with no info other than female. What's your height, weight, exercise preference? Can you open up your diary so we can see what your calorie intake looks like?

Try eating Peanut butter, olive oil, avocados, nuts, full fat foods, they are calorie dense.

Profiles with no info always make me think there's a troll in the dungeon :noway:
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options

I had the intelligence to read the post to make sure what the op meant along with every other poster EXCEPT YOU

If you were genuinely trying to help you would have sent a private message, instead of a down right rude comment that could only cause embarrassment. This forum is for help with diet and fitness not English lessons.

and THIS argument is helping? DAMN.. move on people.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Please read this people....'I am wont to gain weight' is actually perfect English apart from the apostrophe. 'WONT' means 'INCLINED TO'. Perhaps you ought to work on expanding your vocabulary rather than picking people apart.