Why can't I lose the fat from my thighs instead of my finger

Options
Mellie13
Mellie13 Posts: 424
OK, so I'm just venting, not asking a real question. I've lost about 10 lbs and 1/2 a ring size. I am now a ring size 4 instead of a 4.5. This is crazy!! If I keep up at this pace I will have to get my wedding ring sized to a 3!! I'm not sure that is even possible. I went to the jeweler and they said they can do a 4, but they said a 4/5 was pushing it when it was made because of all of the side diamonds!! Aggggghhhhh!!!!! Come on, already fat cells!!!!

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    lol! I've lost in my feet, my face, my hips a little... MAYBE my thighs. If the thighs were the first to go, no one would stick to their diet plan. :P
  • MelsaEstel
    MelsaEstel Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Almost 2 years ago, I lost about 37 lbs. I only dropped one pant size. Yes, you could really tell I had lost weight in my face, and my waist shrunk, but the tush and thighs barely budged. It's a guessing game of where the weight will come from.

I did have the ring thing too. My engagement ring was 7.75, and I was sized at a 6.5 when I got my wedding bands. I had to have my engagement ring sized down, too.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    The first thing I noticed getting looser was my ring. The second thing my jeans around my thighs. I feel great loosing from my thighs but come on I want it gone from my arms and belly more. Why is it that we always loose from the areas that we want last?
  • kfsooner
    kfsooner Posts: 40
    Options
    You should be able to get ring guards to use in rings that are too big. I had to do that to a couple of rings I inherited from my mom. They come in gold and silver. Your jeweler should be able to help!

Congrats on your progress!! I cannot wait until I can wear more of my rings on more fingers!!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Start running. Thighs will shrink. My thunder thighs are getting pretty well toned in just 2 months of running.
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    People always notice it in my face, too, which I appreciate. I also wish it would dissappear from my belly! I had to use the ring guard thing when I first got my engagement ring and I think they are terrible-they poke me! Plus, I would only want to do that on costume jewelry. Not my wedding/engagement ring. I'll wait until I'm at my goal (should be June-ish) and just get it sized then. :cry: