My Planned NSV: anyone pre-fill Thanksgiving Food Diary?

Options

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I prelogged mine as well. I can eat the veggies ANY time so I just loaded up on the stuffing and 'taters. I never get to eat those. I'm even ok without the pie.

That's fabulous and I hope you'll have the BEST day/time ever!! :flowerforyou:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I like how you think! I might log what I 'plan' to eat first thing that morning. I am doing a 5K race that day also. So I will pre-plan to not go over my daily calorie goal on the thanksgiving meal, and save my morning exercise calories for desserts.

Thank you ma'am...likewise! I'm so proud of you to run a 5K that day, that is so awesome!!!! You Rock! :flowerforyou:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I haven't finalized my Thanksgiving menu yet, so haven't pre-filled out and probably won't. I'm going to focus only on portion control that day. Other than that, I am going to eat whatever I want, within reason of course. I think I'm going to log everything in MFP, just for fun. And I'm not going to sweat whatever the total number is.

My adult daughter will be in town for five days. That will be a big challenge for me because she has horrible eating habits (wonder where she got those) and she is not my greatest influence that way (and vice versa). But I will try and be good. I will also forgive myself for having a few bad days WITHIN REASON.

You're my SHERO...that sounds like such a wise way of thinking. I hope you and your daughter have the BEST time ever and thanks so much for posting!!!!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I'm not. Just going to practice moderation and exert a bit of self control. Plus I'm not doing my cooking. I'll probably have to take about 15% less to account for my moms cooking. She's sneaky with the added calories. Love her mashed potatos but before they are on your plate usually some butter, sourcream and whole milk in there. Gravy is from scratch, sweet potatos and squash will have butter and brown sugar etc etc etc.

Sounds good! Enjoy your day and thanks for posting :flowerforyou:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Oh and... I did pre-fill my diary for Thanksgiving. I'm coming out at maintenance. Woot woot!

Just hope I can make myself stick to that and not go back for seconds.

Sounds terrific and I'm so proud of you for dropping 90 HUGE pounds--that's just fabulous! Enjoy your day and thanks for posting:flowerforyou:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I just pre-filled/pre-planned my Thanksgiving diary and I'm THRILLED! Not only will I have 146 extra cals left-over (that's WITHOUT exercising that day). AND the only thing I went over on is PROTEIN and FIBER :love: and also my sodium by 219 something and My daily goal without exercise is 1450.

Everything else will be below range...ALL of my Macros--WOOT!

I'm going to be pigging-out on ALL of my favorites bigtime and also HALF my cake (or pie in this case) and eat it too. I'm thrilled.

Have you pre-filled your Thanksgiving menu/foods? If so, how's it looking...if not, why not?

I have already figured out what I'm allowed to eat that day (from what will be on my family's menu) and what portion size I'm allowed. However, I haven't yet logged it into my diary.

Sounds great. I knew what I'd be making, but didn't pre-write in into my diary until today. Now I have a guide to help me with the portion control I want. Thanks so much for posting and have a terrific day! :flowerforyou:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Great job OP! This is very inspiring

Thanks Dr.Merc :heart: I hope this will be one of the BEST Thanksgiving for you and yours ever! Enjoy :flowerforyou:
  • Cali212
    Cali212 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's sad. Everyone is here for a journey, and how we achieve it us up for us.

I think it's wonderful to have a plan to tackle and enjoy the holiday.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I pre-logged mine too just to make sure I could fit it in my calorie budget. I understand why some peeps would think this is crazy. Why not indulge and celebrate this American tradition? For me, I am choosing not to go crazy with calories on Thanksgiving because I went crazy with calories on nearly every single day before rejoining MFP two weeks ago. I overindulged way too many times which is what got me in this mess to begin with. I am also afraid that if I ignore my calorie max, I will not be able to get back on track the next day, or the next By exercising some portion control on this special day, I am proving to myself that I can do this. I am proving to myself that I don't have to gorge myself in order to show my gratitude for life's blessing or to have a meaningful day with my family. I am changing my life so thatit no longer has to revolve around food. That is what I am thankful for.

Fot those of you who are advanced enough in your weight loss/stay healthy efforts to eat a ton on Thanksgving, good for you! I hope I am there one day too.

WOW...you are just so tremendous, I LOVE what you've said here. You're my shero! Have a terrific day and thank you ever so much for posting!!!! :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    just did this this morning.................hoping it works for me.....lol

If not, if it doesn't work...it's all good as they say! Enjoy your day and thanks so much for posting :flowerforyou:
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to bother to prelog. I will most likely end up telling myself that's all I will be eating until I actually get to my parent's house and see all the food and the desserts!!! lol I plan on enjoying the day then starting fresh Friday morning!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    You're idea of pigging out is my idea of dinner.

So glad we're not going to the same Thanksgiving.

Actually, I'm disappointed I'm not going to the same Thanksgiving. There's going to be tons of food left at theirs!

I'm not. I truly would not have you as a guest in my home, at ALL. Your comments to me are rude and unkind at best and foolishly lame at worse. It must make you feel like a bigger better person by posting these mean-spirited comments, but I understand that's just who and what you are (and it makes me feel "kinda" sorry for you too) and what's in you and that's why you would NEVER be extended an invitation to my home and I wish you'd uninvite yourself from my thread as well. But, of course, if wishes were horses...beggers would ride.

Well, darn the bad luck. I TRULY wanted an invitation...

For clarity, which comments of mine were mean, rude, unkind, and foolishly lame?

I'm pretty sure all I said was that A) it's sad, B) I want stuffing and wine, and C) I'm disappointed to not get your leftovers.
    Overly sensitive people FTW. :huh:

If you don't know...I surely won't tell you. I reckon you are so accustomed to mean-spirited snarky way of life and talking, that you simply can not tell/see how ugly your comments are. Again, that's because it's who you are. It may be a little too late in life to teach you and I'm sure in the world not gonna be the one who tries, period. Go haunt someone else's thread why dontcha?

Someone needs to lighten up. Geez. The only hateful comments Im seeing are yours. You really need to get a sense of humor as I dont see anything wrong with her comments. In fact I feel the same way. Tis a shame to see so much thanksgiving leftovers. I may be watching what I eat and will certainly log everything I do...but Damn Im going to enjoy the food and family.

Ya know, where I come from we have a saying...it's don't start none, won't be none...you start some and it's ON! I've tried to ignore this chick and another poster for sometime--my responses are indeed giving back and a wee bit more and at the very same time trying to let this chick know, in no uncertain terms somethings are cute and funny and some things need to be addressed. This is what I'm doing and I'm sorry if it's a bummer to you, it is to me too.

Nope, not a bummer to me. Just very glad that I dont have you on my friends list. There is no room for uptight people with a stick up their *kitten*. Im a laidback person who has a great sense of humor and can take a bit of poking and prodding and I wont get my panties in a twist or start a tantrum.

Hmmmmm..."laid"back uptight, stick up their *kitten*, bit of poking and prodding, panties in a twist....WOW and :laugh: Sounds like you need more than a nice Thanksgiving Dinner to me--you sound positively in need of a lil something something! :wink:

lol I couldn't care less about what you think I need. If you read that right, the stick up the *kitten* was about you. Enjoy your Turkey day starve fest

Hmmmm...you're LOL--that's doesn't sound like something you would do from someone without a sense of humor:wink:

Of course you could careless about what I think you need--that's wise :smooched:

Sure I read it right, I knew you were talking about me...however, as I'm sure life has taught you, or surely will one day--that whenever you point a finger at someone, you have four more fingers pointing right back at ya . Also, thanks for pointing out that stick, I thought it was a about 20 plus pounds of excess ugly flab and fat up there--I'll be sure to do some extra squats and lunges though to try to get that blasted thing out though, :bigsmile:

I'm not having turkey...I'm having some cornish hen and baked ham, mac and cheese, cornbread dressing, cranberry sauce, collard greens, cookie, and a 1/2 piece of bean pie...FAR from starving and With my extra cals, I may pig-out on an extra cookie too. You have a nice time too. Bona Petite!
  • joyundefined
    Options
    Nope. Not planning on it (logging it in, that is) as I'll be w/out computer access for the next few days. BUT, my gym is open that day until 12pm, so I'll be getting in a good, lengthy workout to balance out everything. :) It's all in the perspective! :) I actually have done the pre-logging in before, especially when I know where I'm going and what's there. It's definitely helped me w/ making right choices on what foods to eat and which to avoid. :)
  • randysbombshellgirl
    Options
    First off just got back from a 5 mile run (that is more then usual for me) I too am pre-logging what I usually eat on TG. Allowing myself some wiggle room for any extras. I thought about bringing measuring cups to my cousins house but I think my family might have me commuted at that point. Hope to go for a walk after dinner (at half time) then enjoy football and family. Hope everyone has a great day!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I just pre -logged dinner! 648 calories and I am off to the gym now! Have a wonderful day all!!!
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    *kitten* that
    diet on Thanksgiving is just wrongg
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    *kitten* that
    diet on Thanksgiving is just wrongg

This.
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I pre-tracked mine last night. I'm 700 calories in the red until I workout. That is if I eat it all. I'm not worried at all about the calorie intake, I am concerned about the sodium, which is why I might revise as the day goes on.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I actually pre-filled mine with what I can conceivably be eating today for sh*ts and giggle. Comes to about 5,800 calories. Will I eat all of it? I have no idea but I sure am going to try!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I actually pre-filled mine with what I can conceivably be eating today for sh*ts and giggle. Comes to about 5,800 calories. Will I eat all of it? I have no idea but I sure am going to try!

Hope you have a cleanse on tap for tomorrow
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!