Better butt

Options
Hey guys!

I'm a bit unhappy with the shape of my butt and I'd like a little bit of advice on the kinds of exercises I can do to bump it up! I've got squats down pat and don't really know where to go from here. Any recommended exercises? Anyone see significant progress? Thanks and feel free to add me! I need all the support I can get since it's hard to measure success when the scale isn't my main focus!

Replies

• hdjjones
    hdjjones Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I don't know what shape you are going for but from your picture it looks ok to me.:smile:
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    glute-bridge.jpg
    0905-poster-glute-bridge-march.preview.jpg
    Single-Leg-Hip-Thrust.jpg
    hip-thrust1.jpg
  • I don't know what shape you are going for but from your picture it looks ok to me.:smile:

Hahaha! That's not me! That's my wish picture! :)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Weighted back squats, lunges, deadlifts, hill sprints.

Also, if you are trying to make it bigger - eat at a calorie surplus.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    squat, lunge, bridge
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    what kind of butt are you going for????
  • jbshooter
    Options
    bump
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Heavy lifting, especially squats and deadlifts.
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    1. YouTube search "Butt Bible Level 1"
    2. do this workout and with lots of squeezing effort, your bum will be HOT!

Like seriously you will feel the burn for at least two days the first couple of times you do this. But it WORKS wonders!
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I haven't started lifting yet, but have been doing squats, lunges, and brisk paced walking up very steep incline on the treadmill which is giving me a noticable difference. Working on changing what my then teenage daughter and her friends referred to as "mom butt". UGH!
  • katz22
    katz22 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    hip thrust, step ups, side step ups - or google search bret contreras
  • MauC25K
    MauC25K Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    If you have a really good, intense instructor, Zumba will change the shape completely. In a good way.

Good luck!
  • what kind of butt are you going for????

Thicker. I've got a flat *kitten* right now! :( I want to pump it up! I know with my body type I won't ever get a fat *kitten*, but I'd like a little pop!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options

Like seriously you will feel the burn for at least two days the first couple of times you do this. But it WORKS wonders!

I attempted #2 just now and I'm being sent home from work by an angry manager. I'm crying my eyes out. Why did you make me mess myself at work? I need this job.... :sad:
  • katz22
    katz22 Posts: 116 Member
    Options

I attempted #2 just now and I'm being sent home from work by an angry manager. I'm crying my eyes out. Why did you make me mess myself at work? I need this job.... :sad:

next time use "safe search" :P
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Okay, fine...pic gone. editing to ask what kind of butt do you have now? flat how? http://www.siliconebody.com/shapewear-bodyshapers-news/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/butt-shapes-1.jpg
    Different exercises will work the minimus, max and medius to give you what you want.

You can try these, but it might not give you the results you're looking for..
    http://bretcontreras.com/2012/04/a-strong-booty-is-a-healthy-booty/
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    what kind of butt are you going for????

Thicker. I've got a flat *kitten* right now! :( I want to pump it up! I know with my body type I won't ever get a fat *kitten*, but I'd like a little pop!

To gain muscle mass you will need to eat at a surplus.
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    What are you going for? Like this?
    lie7k-20121121074534.jpg

Or bigger, rounder?
    You can try these, but it might not give you the results you're looking for..
    http://bretcontreras.com/2012/04/a-strong-booty-is-a-healthy-booty/

Is there a butt in that picture? I feel like im looking at an ultrasound and can't pick out the baby, or playing where's waldo..Is she just unhealthily skinny??
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Yeah you will need to eat at a surplus. When you say you already do squats, do you do them with heavy weights?
  • Esmeralda007
    Options
    Work with 8 pound weights when doing lunges, squats , deadlifts it will make it BIGGER FASTER! ;)