Thanksgiving is almost here..

Options
leomom72
leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
and I wanna know a) what you are having, and b) because it is a special holiday, are you going to pig out, or are you still going to be careful ? I myself don't know the answer to my own questions yet :wink:

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I'm going to pretend I have the flu so I can lay in bed all day and won't be forced to eat any of the evil, fattening food.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Someone suggested on another thread that they were going to eat like a normal person - 2,000ish calories. I think, given that my norm right now is 1200 to 1400, that's how I'm going to go. But I'm going to try and be nice to myself if I go over.

I give myself a cheat day every week, and so this week I switched up it up for Thursday.

EDIT: I don't know what I'm having - I hate cooking. One of the reasons I love holidays - everyone else does the cooking! But plenty of mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, and pumpkin pie, that's for sure!
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I'm going to take a multi vitamin before thanksgiving dinner so that I get too full to eat
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I am going to eat the way I do every other day now. I know that it is just one day, and pigging out on one day is not going to ruin the progress I have made already. However, the eating whatever I want mentality is what got me here in the first place. I think that I have a better relationship with food now, and I don't want to just go all out .So I am going to eat reasonably, and exercise like normal if I can fit it in ( we will be doing a lot of driving on Thanksgiving day). That way afterwards I won't feel icky and guilty, and I will still be headed down the road I want to be on.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I did the try to be careful a couple of years ago. It was so annoying and I hated it so much on the day of. And then for the entire next year I regretted not just having the meal considering it was all stuff I only ever have the chance to have on Thanksgiving.

So now I just enjoy myself and have whatever I want. I log it all, no matter how high my calories go, and just enjoy the day and the good times with friends and family.

And I will be having turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, candied sweet potatoes, gravy over the lot of it, possibly a second plate of all of that stuff, and then pumpkin and pecan pie with fresh whipped cream.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I am going to be doing this: - eating-pie.gif
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

Me too.

I love eating pie.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    There have only been about 1000 threads with this topic already :yawn:

I'm not logging my food and I'm pigging out on Thursday. Friday I'm back to my usual healthy habits.
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    We always host thanksgiving at the house. I usually do all the cooking so I can always enter the recipes on here and figure out servings etc...

We will be having: Turkey, sausage cranberry stuffing, roasted veggies (potato, butternut squash, sweet potato, onion carrots, zucchini) mashed potatoes and gravy, shredded brussel sprouts with bacon and onions, mushroom soup, cornbread muffins, homemade pumpkin pie, fresh cranberry sauce, sweet potato casserol, green bean casserol. I may have some sort of appetizers for earlier just not sure what yet.

I usually don't eat during the day since I am cooking, but I will portion out my food and try me best to stay within my calorie limits. I did read somewhere that if you do all the cooking for 4+hrs you burn up to 700 calories so that may be a plus :)
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I'm going to take a multi vitamin before thanksgiving dinner so that I get too full to eat

so full of win!

this is why i love your posts.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Me too.

I love eating pie.

*wink* How about seconds?
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options

Me too.

I love eating pie.

*wink* How about seconds?

IN
  • OMGSugarOHNOS
    OMGSugarOHNOS Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Eating everything in site. Life is too short to take it easy and count calories on a Holiday.
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I've been enjoying it all week :wink:
  • angellakh
    Options
    I am Making my cheat day thursday and pigging out, I have done so well and it's a special day so I am going to make it a good day and eat with the family
  • leomom72
    Options
    LMAO :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :drinker:
  • justavoice1989
    justavoice1989 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    luckily for me, im having thanksgiving at MY house this year :wink:
    so im actually going to eat normally, but do health variations to the food:
    mashed potatoes/cauliflower
    ONLY turkey breast
    make a broccoli/cheese/quinoa casserole (recipe should be on my page)
    and have a sliver of pumpkin pie.

----although i dont have any control on what the family decides to bring lol.
    :noway:
  • leomom72
    Options
    There have only been about 1000 threads with this topic already :yawn:
    well, i havent personally seen any, and i really havent had the mind to surf the threads, since most of the ones i see anyways are stupid games, like rate the person above you, etc, so you didnt HAVE to post on here just to tell me such info, thank you:grumble:
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I have my plan almost completely worked out. I'm actually looking forward to Turkey Day. Especially since I'm going to exercise extra to eat my husband's cheesecake w/out guilt. :)
  • leomom72
    Options
    my hubby has decided he wants mashed potaoes with bacon bits, cheese and sour cream..yummy i say :wink: