Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Be honest-do you notice when people don't shave at the gym??

LOL!! I am seriously curious because I had to do this today...When I was single, I never would have gone to the gym without shaving, but now, as an about to be married mom of 2, honestly, I forget sometimes! As I did tonight. I usually go work out right after work, I bring my workout clothes to work with me and change there. So, as I was changing, I realized SH**!! Well, its either no workout or go like this, so I picked go like this! Do people really notice or are people so wrapped up in their own workouts they don't really care?? I am not trying to impress anyone when I go to the gym, hence, the reason why I still went, but I am just curious... ladies and gents, have you ever done this or noticed someone who has?? Lets be honest.... :ohwell:

Replies

• lizapettit
    lizapettit Posts: 166 Member
    Girl, honestly I am so focused on not falling over or passing out or looking stupid that I would never notice! I say good for you for going without shaved legs! :flowerforyou:
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    I really don't even pay attention beyond the guys with massive facial hair in the summer, and that is merely morbid curiosity as in "How the H is his face not melting off? It is 120*!!!"
  • lizapettit
    lizapettit Posts: 166 Member
    Beautiful family pic on your ticker BTW :)
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Never, ever noticed such a thing. Just not looking for such a thing. I am looking for my stations and hoping they are not occupied. That's all.
  • clopez1987
    clopez1987 Posts: 54 Member
    Haha this happens to me all the time, and i am not comfortable thinking people are looking at my legs..but i personally focus on working out and don't worry about other people Around me, specially if they shaved or not! So i hope other people do the same!
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    I notice when I don't if I'm doing stuff that requires that I lift weights with my arms raised. But I don't notice others. I figure, eh, it'll stop guys from talking to me with hairy pits :laugh:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Legs are arm pits? How long are we talking? I only shave my legs about once a week. I have pretty blonde leg hairs. Pits I try to shave every other day.
  • BlairCottier
    BlairCottier Posts: 171 Member
    Beautiful family pic on your ticker BTW :)

Thanks girl! :smile:
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    I hardly look at other people at the gym.. I really don't give a damn about their looks! But still I don't dare to go unshaved..
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    I don't notice because when I am in the gym I am on a MISSION to get my walk and weights workout in. I am focused on what I need to do. I'm aware that other people are in there, but not so much I'm noticing details like if they shaved or not. pffffft. :smile:
  • ChristyJade
    ChristyJade Posts: 186 Member
    Never ever, others might be different but I don't get a chance to look, too busy with being out if breath and concentrating!!!
  • BlairCottier
    BlairCottier Posts: 171 Member
    I notice when I don't if I'm doing stuff that requires that I lift weights with my arms raised. But I don't notice others. I figure, eh, it'll stop guys from talking to me with hairy pits :laugh:

Haha! I like that attitude, lol. That is kind of what I was thinking too
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    i would never notice...i don't give a crap lol...and if i forget to shave my underarms i don't give crap either :tongue:
  • Cyclink
    Cyclink Posts: 517 Member
    Other people go to the gym?
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    I seriously could not care less about what other people at the gym have going on.
  • i only notice if they dont shave their pits
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    I never look at anyone else- I'm totally hostile! ;)
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Why would anyone's eyes be looking at your legs arm pits, 5 o clock shadow or any other part that may need shaving? I guess I go towork out and mind my own business.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    I rarely workout at the gym I mostly just judge everyone else
  • I used to go to school [Gym class] with my legs hairy. IDK if anyone else noticed but I didn't care LOL.