Best eating habit changes?

Options
What change or changes to ur diet has made the most impact on ur weight/fat loss? For me personally the best thing I've done is almost completely cut out fast food. I used to eat it a lot, and just made me hungry an hr or 2 later. That and stopping my nightly bowl of ice cream. I eat it about once every cpl of weeks now.

Replies

• deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Less food. No more "Make that a large!... with a diet coke. Don't wanna get fat." at the drive thru :)
  • Littlegurl
    Littlegurl Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    112 lbs lost! What an amazing accomplishment!!
  • emmie0622
    emmie0622 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Lays potato chips, stopped buying big bags (I would eat the whole thing!!), just treat myself to a small bag now and then.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    No more meat/dairy/animal products of any kind. Best decision i have ever made, and that goes way beyond what i weigh.
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I stopped with all of the cream-based sauces and soups, eating enough for three people, and treating entire meals as snacks.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    The biggest change for me was not even opening my mouth until I knew EXACTLY what the nutrition was on what I was going to eat. If I can't count it, it isn't happening. Just being aware of what I was eating before, versus what I eat now is a major change.
  • wjniii
    wjniii Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Bread. I used to eat a ton of it every day. Now I don't.
  • Lmezz11
    Lmezz11 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Portion control and drinking more water.

I notice such a significant difference between when I drink enough water and when I don't.
  • xachooo
    Options
    Bread is a treat now, not a staple. And I drink less alcohol.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Fast food for me. I haven't had any since January
  • ShiraDarling
    ShiraDarling Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Just counting calories, portioning my food in general. I am only getting started on my weight loss journey but I have always ate quite healthy, little did I know I was probably eating 2x or 3x what I should have been. So ya, portion control.
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Reducing / eliminating my red wine habit. I'm not there 100% yet, but getting better.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    No pop or juice.

I think it all went uphill after I stopped craving coke.
  • Littlegurl
    Options
    Bread is a treat now, not a staple. And I drink less alcohol.

I just realized that I don't eat much bread anymore either. I got remarried in May, and my husband isn't a biscuit eater. So I don't eat biscuits with dinner anymore, and very rarely a dinner roll. I only a glass of wine about once every 2-3 months now. I never drank much, but now even less because one glass I'm happy, and 2 or more I'm drunk from weighing less and lower tolerance.
  • Littlegurl
    Options
    No pop or juice.

I think it all went uphill after I stopped craving coke.

Coke is really addictive!! I quit drinking regular Coke about a ur and half ago. And then about 2 months ago I had to give up all caffeine. Diet caffeine free is not very appealing...
  • Jamie_Lauren
    Jamie_Lauren Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    weighing/measuring my food properly was a BIG eye opener! It made me realise how much I actually used to eat.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Becoming aware of my calorie intake.
  • Greg3705
    Greg3705 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Adding more fruits and veggies 4-5 serving of each daily. Not much room for other stuff plus exploring new items
  • rst12267
    rst12267 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My biggest change has been to stay away from second helpings. I love to eat and easily could down two servings of everything but I now find after a few months of careful eating that I've become satisfied with just one serving. That has made all the difference for me.
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Portion control and drinking more water.

I notice such a significant difference between when I drink enough water and when I don't.

Yes! I can definitely tell the difference on the days that I don't drink my normal amount of water.

I would say not eating out as much has probably been the biggest change for me. I used to go out to dinner quite a bit with friends and now I tend to either suggest a healthier restaurant option or invite a few friends over for dinner and cook for them. It's just as fun and I can control how the food is prepared which is nice.
    Also I've lowered my alcohol intake. Being that I'm in college I know it isn't realistic for me to try and give it up completely, but I have cut back quite a bit which has been really helpful to my weight loss.