Calories Burned from Insanity Workouts?

2»

Replies

• Lis_MG
    Lis_MG Posts: 4
    OK thanks. Maybe my calorie burn is normal then. I was just a little dissapoined as I have heard of people burning 600 - 800 calories per workout. I also have the polar HT4 monitor but thought maybe i'd set it up incorrectly but I checked all the settings and they are right. I guess everyone burns calories at dfferent rates.

Thanks for the feedback!!
  • AndreSF
    AndreSF Posts: 84 Member
    800 cals burned during Insanity plyo is not unheard of :) Ppl burn over 1K depending on fitness level, weight/age, etc. and how well you can "dig deeper"!

You can do a sanity check online, for example here: http://www.braydenwm.com/calburn.htm
  • Lis_MG
    Lis_MG Posts: 4
    Thanks, that's really helpful. I'll check that out :).
  • It's important to think about calorie burn after (post) workout. While some forms of aerobic exercise burn a decent amount of calories while doing them, there are other forms that burn more calories over a longer period of time.

For example, high intensity for a shorter period than lower intensity over a longer period can many times offer more residual caloric burn after finishing the exercise. Also, keeping some muscle on the body has a high caloric burn rate which is very beneficial.

So, in conclusion, I would encourage all to think past the actual calorie burn during the exercise and look at the post caloric burn of any particular exercise. That is, if your goal is to lose weight or to support muscle tone.
  • divemom1
    divemom1 Posts: 2 Member
    I noticed the same thing about the less I weight the less I burn
  • divemom1
    divemom1 Posts: 2 Member
    I think that is about right. I am 4'11" 125lbs. And I burned 275 lbs for 50min. at the gym on my Polar HRT monitor