Newbie saying Hi

Hi to all.

I have been on here about 3 weeks now so thought I should introduce myself.

I joined up because I found the App for my phone as I wanted to track my calories. I had been struggling to break the 105kg mark with my weight fluctuating around there but never dipping below no matter what I tried.

A bit of history as to why I am trying to shift some weight.

On Christmas day 2010 the wife and I were in a serious car crash. Hit a tree at around 50mph and ended up in hospital for 8 weeks. Thanksfully the wife was not seriously hurt. I however broke several bones, you can see the xray of my lower right leg in my sig picture. Also broke my left ankle, 3 ribs and my nose. Dislocated my left shoulder and shattered my right hip which resulted in a total hip replacement. I had 6 months off work and returned on light duties for several months. This meant I was not as active as usual so piled on the pounds, not that I was particularly small before the crash, weighing in at the 108kg mark. I lost 14 of those while in hospital and felt pretty good, but obviously with the lack of mobility and sitting around I went up to 112kg.

I decided that it was time to do something about this and when a new 24hr gym opened in the area I joined up. I decided to pay for my ex army son as well so he could come along and beast me a bit. All started off fine, the weight started to shift and all was good. I then seemed to hit the wall of 105kg and no matter what couldn't get below it. It doesn't help that I still can't run, do about 3mph on the cross trainer or tread mill.

Thats when I joined up and tracked my calories. Changed a few things in my diet, eating more helps strangely, and some of the exercises and I have finally dropped below that mark. Long way to go to what they say I am supposed to be at 81kg however, targetting 100 to start off with and then will see where it goes.

Good luck to everyone.

Darrell

Replies

• Welcome:)You can add me if you want to.I'm just getting started as well.
  • dga226
    dga226 Posts: 224 Member
    welcome aboard been here for some time feel free to ask anything we are here to help