Calorie intake

How does everyone manage to eat all the extra calories that working out adds? I am on a 1200 calorie diet but by the time I am done working out it shows that I should be eating between 1600 - 1800 calories. I have a hard time getting in all 1200. Help I am in a food crisis.

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    I don't but it's not hard to add some calorie dense foods to your diet. Full fat dairy, nuts, oils, avocado, eggs, peanut butter, lean meats. You don't have to live on veggies, fruit and Lean Cuisine to lose weight.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Personally, I think 1200 is far too low for anyone, especially if they are working out, but to each their own.

Eat some natural peanut butter on a slice of whole wheat bread. Typical bread is 100 cals, 2 Tbsps of peatun butter is about 200. That's a quick 300 right there. Add a banana to that and you've got 400 easy. I can always eat more peanut butter!
  • annams76
    annams76 Posts: 161 Member
    So it is not a real bad thing to be under your calories then. I def do everything you just said with the food. I cook and eat a variety of things. I thought I was eating pretty good but everyday the thing says I am eating too few calories but I am getting pretty close to the 1200 calories intake daily. I also have super workout days where I workout twice at work and then once at home.
  • I don't try to make up the calories and it doesn't seem to hurt anything.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    You should be actually consuming 1200 or more a day of food. If exercise is taking you lower I wouldn't worry too much but you really need to eat a minimum of 1200. You have to be pretty tiny (and old in my case) to have a BMR lower than 1200 calories.
  • annams76
    Yesterday I did good and ate 1400 but the day before I was at like 1100ish. I bounce back and forth but I don't let myself get to the point where I feel like I am not eating enough. I am eating portions and every few hours. I am just real nervous that I may not be getting enough to continue to lose weight in a healthy manner. Thank you for the help.
  • I agree...but instead of peanut butter try almond butter. It's a little bit more expensive than peanut butter but more healtier for you.
  • annams76
    How does almond butter taste? I cannot imagine how that would taste.