have people noticed your weight loss?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Slack2ShortGo
    Slack2ShortGo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I keep getting the same comment, "I can really see it in your face." Was I so fat that my "face" was the fattest part of me? My legs and gut are where I keep losing all the inches. I do appreciate people noticing though. I just wish they would notice more of me.
  • TriClaudia
    TriClaudia Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Some people noticed immediately -- like 5 lbs. One day I ran into a woman at work I hadn't seen in around 30 lbs. She was stunned and complimented my hair and makeup and then called me to tell me how great I look. She didn't want to embarrass me by saying, "Wow, you've lost a lot of weight!" out in public. I appreciated that. I do have to say that my hair has NEVER looked better. A day hasn't gone by that I haven't gotten a compliment on my hair! By the way -- no real style or color change. On the other hand, some family members haven't commented at all. And they saw me after 35 lbs. We'll see if anyone notices this weekend.
  • MarinaPacheco
    MarinaPacheco Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    It took a while for people to notice - I was down about 30 lb before I started getting comments. And then people would say I was looking really well. I didn't realise they meant thinner for a while till I noticed that a lot of people kept telling me I looked really well. Them being subtle I suppose.
    The best compliment I've had from my weight loss was a bit of a roundabout thing. I noticed, after about a year of me loosing weight, that my staff were all trying to be healthier too, taking up exercise, eating salads in the office, riding a bike into work rather than driving etc, and now everyone in the office is slimmer. Nobody made a big deal about it, but I guess they thought if I could do it, they could too. That makes me feel really proud - like I've improved everybody's health not just my own :happy:
  • kimbolay7
    kimbolay7 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I've lost 7lbs and people already have started to notice which is a great motivation boost! Can't wait to hear the comments when I lose the other 31lbs! :laugh:
  • mkanak
    mkanak Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have lost 14 kg the last 5 months, very few people have noticed.

i suppose it depends on the general body structure.
  • pandsmomCheryl
    pandsmomCheryl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I think some people start noticing when you've lost about 10% of your body weight. At 15% - the majority of people notice...at 20% everyone will know....
  • Ezwoldo
    Ezwoldo Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I lost about 50lb a few years ago now and I noticed after about 4 months then I felt really uncomfortable when people noticed as I was unable to deal with the attention as I had not had it before.