have people noticed your weight loss?

Options
i have almost lost 20kg or around 40lb and not many people have noticed, or maybe just feel awkward to comment, i do not know. although my boyfriend said he loves my hips now hahaha, i actually have hips now, its fantastic! i have a long way to go but i am feeling great about myself. i want to hear the nice things people have said to you that have made you feel great about your weight loss! :) when did people start to notice?

Replies

• demilade
    demilade Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    People at work have noticed, but, last time they saw me I was 6 months pregnant, lol.

However, one person said there is a definate change and i look really well so that was good.
  • ErinGBragh
    ErinGBragh Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Judging from your profile pics, I can't see how they could NOT notice. So I will tell you right now that it is very noticeable!
  • de2brown
    Options
    Judging from your profile pics, I can't see how they could NOT notice. So I will tell you right now that it is very noticeable!

your comment just made my day haha :)
  • fun_b
    fun_b Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I had some comments last month that I am looking trim but nothing since then. To be fair, I am trying to wear a lot of my bigger clothes while they still fit so I think it is not always noticeable. But I also think that people don't to mention it as they don't want to seem as though they are making a big deal of it.
  • myfitnessisavirtue
    myfitnessisavirtue Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I have lost 46 and only my husband has noticed so far :(
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I got very few comments until I finally broke down and went shopping for smaller clothes, then everyone seemed to notice. Until then I think they might have been afraid I'd lost the weight because of some illness I didn't want to discuss.
  • ErinGBragh
    ErinGBragh Posts: 183 Member
    Options

your comment just made my day haha :)

Good! You should receive praise for you hard work!
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Quite a few people have said I've lost weight. :) It's nice to hear.
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    my 83 yr old dad said im gettin buff in my upper body " yay' for me And all that weight lifting but also thanks dad for noticing;)
  • TonyasLosinglt
    TonyasLosinglt Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've only gotten a comment from my mom that my face looks narrower, but I've only lost 11 pounds so far out of 140 so it's probably not very noticeable yet. :tongue:
  • mommieoftwingirls12
    Options
    one person said when they saw me from the back, they thought someone new started at work until i turned around and they were like, 'omg..you look so good..you've lost alot of weight..didn't know that was you!" it was an amazing feeling..even when customers at my work notice..it's a good feeling...good job on your 40 lbs!!
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 10" so I have to lose a significant amount before anyone notices.but after about 30 pounds I started hearing some comments. Now that I've lost 61 pounds, people comment all the time. Some people keep telling me I've lost too much weight and I should stop because I'm too thin. I weigh 199 pounds!! Hello!! That is NOT underweight!!! I have mirrors in my house! It just seems crazy that some people act like I'm anorexic at 199 pounds!!
    Most people tell me I look good.
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    People have just recently started saying something to me. About a month ago the receptionist at my daughters dance studio asked if I had lost weight. I was really surprised, mostly because he is a man and they don't seem to notice those things like women do. I said "Yes I have. You are the first person to notice. Thanks." Then about a week later a friend of mine asked if I had lost weight. She said I look really good. That really makes your day.

My husband and immediate family all know that I have been watching what I eat and exercising. They have been very encouraging on this journey. There is something about the comments from people who don't know though. Makes it more real.
  • Ivy_leaves
    Ivy_leaves Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Well my brother pokes me and says I'm too skinny now. But I'm at the very high end of a healthy bmi sp he's wrong haha. He's just a bigger guy and his girlfriend is working on losing too so I think he's a bit jealous.
    Otherwise the only person to notice is my boyfriend. And he sees me naked haha.
    I've lost about 20 pounds.
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Only my family members who are also my support group have said anything...and of course they are LOOKING for improvement in how I look. I have a lot to lose, so I'm trying not to worry about nobody really noticing yet. I'm predicting that the average person in my life might notice when I'm around 50 lbs down.
  • Lmezz11
    Lmezz11 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I wear a uniform everyday at work. One of my co workers said to me the other day that my uniform was looking a little big. HELLO VICTORY! I also ran into some college friends and was told I was looking like I lost weight.

Compliments are the best!
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I've gotten a lot of comments from people. I'm down about 50 pounds since March, after losing about 35 a couple years ago, still have another 30-40 to go. I think that it's a difficult thing for someone to bring up. A lot of people don't want to risk insulting someone by asking, "Hey, have you lost weight?" in case they haven't. One of the people that asked me about it a few weeks ago said that much. She said she wasn't sure if she should/could ask because she wasn't sure it was proper.
  • miriameam
    miriameam Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    yes! most of my co-workers knew of my weight struggles and what my goals were going to be. They have been very supportive and the comments make me blush. Everything from commenting that my clothes were waaay too baggy on me to joking that they need to follow my example. i just send them the link to this website and tell them it's doable. But it's really nice to hear the words and know that i do look a bit different :)
  • BAFilek
    BAFilek Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have only lost about 15 (ok, I take back the only...) and the guy next to me at work told me that I am an inspiration to him and was wondering why I started to lose weight. I only met him about a year ago, so he didn't know me before I had lost my original 45 from four years ago. I think people at work can't say much because they may be afraid of sexual harassment.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of people find the topic a bit uncomfortable to bring up. They probably notice but just don't say anything