Thanksgiving tips.

Options
AntWrig
AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
There have been a large number of Thanksgiving posts, regarding "What to do?"

I am going to give you MY experience. Just for credibility sake, I have lost over 100lbs and have kept it off for the last 3 years. Now we got that out of the way.

I am not going to get into the current state of the fitness industry but I will say this. They want you to feel guilty, so you can purchase this or that. Eating food is not a sin. Thanksgiving, Christmas, your Aunt Jean's birthday is only a few days out of the year. There is nothing wrong with enjoying yourself and most importantly enjoying LIFE.

It's a shame that it took me a couple of years to finally learn that life overall is all about balance. Oh and if you want to know what the real cause of weight gain is??? It's stress. Keep stress low and you will be fine.

Replies

• deedog007
    deedog007 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Nice love it.. to the point and great advice!!
  • Shaneekwa
    Shaneekwa Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Love this and so very true. My weight gain was definitely from stress. Happy Holidays
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Eating a plate of these tomorrow.

20110216-csc-cc-primary-thumb-500x375-140796.jpg
  • Lize11e
    Lize11e Posts: 419
    Options

Holy he||.... I would eat one of those tomorrow =)

To the OP, Thank you. So many people NEED to hear this. I NEEDED to hear this. I don't want to feel guilty for enjoying a day of good food and great fellowship with my friends and family. I hope you have a great Thanksgiving!
  • TLEIGH33777
    TLEIGH33777 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    There have been a large number of Thanksgiving posts, regarding "What to do?"

I am going to give you MY experience. Just for credibility sake, I have lost over 100lbs and have kept it off for the last 3 years. Now we got that out of the way.

I am not going to get into the current state of the fitness industry but I will say this. They want you to feel guilty, so you can purchase this or that. Eating food is not a sin. Thanksgiving, Christmas, your Aunt Jean's birthday is only a few days out of the year. There is nothing wrong with enjoying yourself and most importantly enjoying LIFE.

It's a shame that it took me a couple of years to finally learn that life overall is all about balance. Oh and if you want to know what the real cause of weight gain is??? It's stress. Keep stress low and you will be fine.

^^^This
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Outstanding
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    So true. I am a stress eater!! Also, for me, looking at food as fuel and not a source of pleasure is helping me too... I have kids so there is always stress, just trying to take control and not let things get to me.
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options

OMG.. I need to make a plate of those tomorrow!!! How awesome!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I agree.

My advice for T-Day is eat, drink and be merry and then go back to normal, healthy eating on Friday. Which means if you eat leftovers, stretch them out. :-)
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Great advice! I don't think that people understand that one day isn't going to ruin their weight loss plans. Thank you for posting this!
  • tubaman58
    Options
    Amen

:)
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Who's playing Just The Tip on a holiday?! That is both sad and cruel for your partner.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

That looks evil. Do you go to hell for that sin, or is it a lesser sin of some kind? lol

I have to bake after work, anyway. I may try this.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options

:love:
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options

Holy..... I think I need these now.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :flowerforyou: Congrats on all your weight lost and finding balance in life, OP. :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • babsc01
    babsc01 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Great topic. My family and I are focusing on portion control and makeover recipes this year. All of the food we prepare will be with healthy ingredients, and we will enjoy in moderation. Besides, we need a week of leftovers.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Who's playing Just The Tip on a holiday?! That is both sad and cruel for your partner.

heh.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options

oh, Holy *kitten*....
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

I feel like I have seen into the eyes of god!!!!!!