Am I Doing This Right?

Options
Am I understanding this correctly:
If my goal is 1750 calories a day and I earn 500 calories by exercising, I can consume a total of 2250 calories for the day.
Is that right?

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Yup! Enjoy :)
  • justann
    justann Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Lucky you!
  • 8turboturtle8
    8turboturtle8 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Yep, that is what they say...I am having trouble getting them all in...was busy today and didn't eat enough early in the day and was surprised to find that my 24 S.E.T. class burned 500 calories! Now it is so late and I still need like 400 calories in...ugh. Who ever would have thought that would be a problem!?!?!
  • snookeroo
    snookeroo Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Yep, that is what they say...I am having trouble getting them all in...was busy today and didn't eat enough early in the day and was surprised to find that my 24 S.E.T. class burned 500 calories! Now it is so late and I still need like 400 calories in...ugh. Who ever would have thought that would be a problem!?!?!

Is it okay to have some left over?
    I would think that would be good!
  • MarielenaC
    MarielenaC Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hello, You could consume those calories you burned, but I would think you wouldnt want to for weight loss. if you eat what you burn youre right back where you started, youre maintaining.
  • bebhinn
    bebhinn Posts: 198
    Options
    Hello, You could consume those calories you burned, but I would think you wouldnt want to for weight loss. if you eat what you burn youre right back where you started, youre maintaining.

not quite, because the 1750 is calculating a deficit already, so burning that 500 is actually INCREASING the deficit and at least half need to be eaten back :)
  • gadgetgizzmo
    Options
    So far I haven't been eating the calories I burn doing cardio, but I have lost almost 2 pounds a week for the last three weeks I've been doing this. If I do decide to eat the calories i might only eat like half because i am not so sure how accurate the average calories burned are and I would hate to go over. Not sure if this is the right thing to do, but it is working so far. If I start to plateau I will up my calories.