Options

Replies

• recee96
    recee96 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    yep...so true!
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    Eating food is not a sin. Thanksgiving, Christmas, your Aunt Jean's birthday is only a few days out of the year. There is nothing wrong with enjoying yourself and most importantly enjoying LIFE.

It's a shame that it took me a couple of years to finally learn that life overall is all about balance. Oh and if you want to know what the real cause of weight gain is??? It's stress. Keep stress low and you will be fine.

AMEN.......and sometimes it's a few of those people AT those gatherings that cause the stress. Stay focused and
    Don't let those people de-rail you...
  • nikic50
    nikic50 Posts: 209
    Options
    So very true & very good to hear. Thank you & I wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving with many wonderful memories!!

Great job on your weight loss - you look amazing!!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Oh and if you want to know what the real cause of weight gain is??? It's stress. Keep stress low and you will be fine.

No doubt many people here will now start over eating like pigs again while reading stress management books
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    Eating a plate of these tomorrow.

20110216-csc-cc-primary-thumb-500x375-140796.jpg

SOMEONE PLEASE be kind and post a link to this recipe- I've licked the screen and it's just not enough

Never mind, found it:
    http://picky-palate.com/2011/01/06/oreo-stuffed-chocolate-chip-cookies/
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    It's a shame that it took me a couple of years to finally learn that life overall is all about balance.

Lies

All lieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I came in here to read about chicken and brown rice in tupperware. Son, I am disappoint.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Great post. Far too much panic going on around holidays.
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I don't think anyone gained 200 pounds eating a big thanksgiving dinner once a year - ENJOY YOURSELVES PEOPLE. EAT A POUND OF GRAVY DANGIT :D

well. maybe not a pound.. :D
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    Options
    Amen!!!
  • bellydancer124
    Options

Don't mind if I do! Nomnomnom
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options

SOMEONE PLEASE be kind and post a link to this recipe- I've licked the screen and it's just not enough

Never mind, found it:
    http://picky-palate.com/2011/01/06/oreo-stuffed-chocolate-chip-cookies/

I think I'm going to get the recipe tattooed right on my forearm for easy access.
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Great to-the-point post. Thank you for this. You're awesome BTW. Congrats on losing the weight and keeping it off. :drinker:
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Love that advice! I needed to hear this as I'm already feeling guilty about what I may eat tomorrow :/. Like you said, it's all about balance and is only a couple days out of the year. I will no longer feel guilty and will enjoy what I'm going to eat for Thanksgiving. Have a great day!
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options

OMG.. I need to make a plate of those tomorrow!!! How awesome!
    im making homemade oreos for xmas :D
  • svandenheuvel
    svandenheuvel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I made the oreo cookies since they looked SO GOOD, but actually didn't taste as good as they looked! Won't bother me at all to say no thanks...I ate half and will let the rest of the family endulge!

Happy Thanksgiving! Turkey trot tomorrow am, 5 mile run to start off the day. Balance is KEY...stress is hard to control.
  • healthyme155
    Options
    oh my god.
    those cookies with the oreos in the middle.
    it's beautiful.
  • dunadan
    dunadan Posts: 105 Member
    Options

Damn. That's like the turducken of cookies.
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Portion Control
    Make Choices (eat what you really want but if it is just traditional and doesn't make your mouth sing, skip it)
    Relax
    Be Social (don't make the entire day about food, but do enjoy)
    Exercise (maybe not on the day of but in prep and after)
    Let it Go
    Portion Control (bears repeating, you don't have to eat until you are beyond stuffed to enjoy it)