Eating at Maintenence

Options
I keep seeing this phrase and I'm sure I'm going to sound dumb on this question - but what is eating at maintence? How do I figure out how many calories that is? I'd like to move to maintence for the next couple of months. I'm getting close to goal and want to start thinking through maintence, not losing. Thanks.

Replies

• GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    just set your weight loss goal to 0. That is maintenance.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    It means you are done trying to lose weight and you get to eat more. Like Gaucho said, you would set your weight loss goal to zero and watch the allowable calories rise. In theory, "maintenance" is just another word for "the rest of your life".
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Depending on how low your calories are now, I'd add 200-400 more, eat that way for about a month and see what happens. If you lose more, add more. If you gain, drop it back a little. If you maintain. Stick with that number.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    When you pick how much weight per week you want to lose, you can pick "maintain your current weight" and it'll figure out your calories
  • cyndispot
    Options
    Thank you all. I knew what the phrase meant, I just wasn't sure how to figure it out...going to change settings now and see what happens.