Extreme Couponing

Options
Have any of you seen the show on TLC called Extreme Couponing? I'm planning out an extreme couponing trip for this weekend. I've never done it before, but it seems so exciting to get so much stuff for free.

Replies

• lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    OMG! I really need to do this also!!!! i always wanted to!!! but i dont know how? where do i go? and where do i get the coupons.......?
  • OMG! I really need to do this also!!!! i always wanted to!!! but i dont know how? where do i go? and where do i get the coupons.......?

Go to this website. It teaches you everything about extreme couponing, and there's tons of printable coupons on there.

http://www.livingrichwithcoupons.com/
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    The problem with internet-generated coupons, I've found, is that no store I've been to will take the coupons. Even if they're from a bona-fide manufacturer. The stores have all been skittish about fraud.

The only exception was Sprouts Farmers' Market, which took my Mountain High coupon after manager's approval.

BTW, it was because of antics such as those on 'Extreme Couponing' that many stores have changed their coupon policies.
  • The problem with internet-generated coupons, I've found, is that no store I've been to will take the coupons. Even if they're from a bona-fide manufacturer. The stores have all been skittish about fraud.

The only exception was Sprouts Farmers' Market, which took my Mountain High coupon after manager's approval.

BTW, it was because of antics such as those on 'Extreme Couponing' that many stores have changed their coupon policies.

Good point. I'm going to call my local supermarket today and see if they will take the internet-generated coupons.
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I love that show and even here in UK I will coupon anything if its going to save me a pound or two, never be ashamed of cutting out a coupon. Hope you do well hun, let us know how you get on
  • twinmom430
    twinmom430 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    OMG! I really need to do this also!!!! i always wanted to!!! but i dont know how? where do i go? and where do i get the coupons.......?

Go to this website. It teaches you everything about extreme couponing, and there's tons of printable coupons on there.

I am an extreme couponer, well, not quite like the people on the show. But I never pay for toiletries, EVER. And I usually have a stockpile on most things like pasta, sauce, cereal etc. I also use living rich, she uses all the stores I go to and makes things so easy to follow!
  • OMG! I really need to do this also!!!! i always wanted to!!! but i dont know how? where do i go? and where do i get the coupons.......?

I am an extreme couponer, well, not quite like the people on the show. But I never pay for toiletries, EVER. And I usually have a stockpile on most things like pasta, sauce, cereal etc. I also use living rich, she uses all the stores I go to and makes things so easy to follow!

That makes me feel a lot better about using the coupons then. I was worried that my store might not take 'em. I'm still going to give them a call and double-check to make sure.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    We don't really get coupons where I live in central Canada.

We will get some manufactureres coupons in seasonal ads cleverly disguised as magazines. But, sometimes they aren't worth the gas to get to the grocery store. Like, save $1.00 on 12 Omega-3 Eggs - which are almost $5 to start. No doubling up, no using coupons if the item is already on sale etc. etc.
  • twinmom430
    twinmom430 Posts: 457 Member
    Options

That makes me feel a lot better about using the coupons then. I was worried that my store might not take 'em. I'm still going to give them a call and double-check to make sure.

I'm assuming since you use living rich, which is targeted towards Shop Rite, ACME etc you are on the east coast....like me. If that's the case, I never have a problem using internet coupons at Shop rite, CVS, rite aid, walgreens, walmart...etc. Hope that helps. Sometimes you can go on their website and look up their coupon policy and it should tell you about their printout coupon policy...
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    bump
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Our Walmart (South Central PA) does not accept internet coupons due to fraud.

I am a couponer all the way, but the extreme couponing makes me sick. If you don't have a baby, don't use the coupons for diapers and formula no matter how cheap they end up being....smh....
  • jayhawkfan51
    jayhawkfan51 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I coupon as well. Toiletries and cleaning supplies should always be free or close to it! However it is more of a challenge to get healthy food with coupons. Tons of websites to browse through with helpful tips.