Thanksgiving! the topic on everyones mind!

Options
Tomorrow is the big day! Grandmas cooking is something i can't avoid or even say no to! Quick what are everyones tips for doing well on thanksgiving! This will be my first thanksgiving where i am trying to maintain..EEKKK!

Replies

• Cindy393
    Cindy393 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    read all the other hundreds of posts on here about Thanksgiving--just enjoy the holiday, your family and friends. Forget about one day of food. Nuff said.
  • angelicarubi
    angelicarubi Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Just enjoy and start fresh friday one day will not hurt.
  • moejo3
    moejo3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I do the full spread for the big T-day feast...we use fairly small plates (my china is old so, the plates are a normal size not platters) This really helps me control the portions and I do a little of everything. I then pack up the leftovers for my guests so, I don't have too much afterwards but, enough for some sandwiches and a yummy pot of Turkey soup this weekend. Just be mindful of your portions and go for a long walk before or after or both. That is my plan anyway, enjoy!
  • marbear1397
    Options
    haha I am so freaking out for tomorrow too!!! Which is sad because it should be such a fun time with family and friends. My goal is to have a good meal but not take seconds and sample a few of the desserts rather than having big slices of pie and cake. Mainly the plan is to not stuff myself to the point of being uncomfortable. I know if I deprive myself of all desserts or unhealthy foods and go in with the mindset that I cant have it, then I will probably end up eating way too much. So good luck tomorrow!!! The next day you can always eat healthier and get some exercize. Good luck and have fun!!!:)
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    * No 2nd helpings
    * Avoid creamy and saucy dishes if you can
    * If neither of either or both of the above, then do just as many have decided to do tomorrow - the intensive and calorie-burning workout pre their Thanksgiving Lunch and/or Dinner.

Wishing you and all, the joys of the purpose of tomorrow's Thanksgiving celebrations - Family - Friendships - Traditions - What we are most thankful for!!
  • srodger6
    Options
    One day wont hurt, but it is still a good idea to portion. Smaller plates and serving spoons usually help. Just don't over eat. once you are full stop, there will always be left overs.
  • ShaeLovelyy
    Options
    Thankssss everyone! yeah tomorrow is a day to enjoy family and be thankful for all the progress we have mad! so lets just pig outttt!! haha just kidding...portions portions portions!
  • healthyme155
    Options
    personally, I'm going all out!

I recently moved out of my parent's place (3 months now) and I miss my family and our big meals!

I'm not going to worry about anything. Just relaxing and enjoying some food. No need to eat until I want to die, but you bet I will be full!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Workout early. Eat lots of turkey - it's low cal, low fat, and high protein. Lots of turkey, little bit of everything else. Workout again on Friday.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    If by "doing well" you mean "obtaining more food," I push kids out of the way
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

Bully

I approve.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

Bully

I approve.

this

but you have to step on the dog while pushing the kids...
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    PIE
  • LadyQueefsalot
    LadyQueefsalot Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    tell grandma to shove it and eat a glass of water instead. :smokin:
  • Hippie_Soul
    Hippie_Soul Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Is everyone logging???
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Is everyone logging???

these guys are.

lumberjacks-3.gif

me too.
  • Hippie_Soul
    Hippie_Soul Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Is everyone logging???

these guys are.

lumberjacks-3.gif

me too.

Cute.... :tongue:
  • StaycJulia
    Options
    I plan to have a little of everything but fill up on the veggetables insead of stuffing and pie. Moderation. I also asked the person cooking if they could reserve a bit of veggetables before adding butter to the rest of them. It helps that my family is pretty supportive of my weight loss goals.