Who's your arch-nemesis?

Options
2»

Replies

• cal_73
    cal_73 Posts: 77
    Options
    When strength training I rest 3 to 5 minutes between sets. There is this guy at the gym who is obsessed with it. It's like it drives him crazy just to be in the same room as me. He is constantly teasing me and just recently got very aggressive where he basically yelled at me "3 minutes that is just ridiculous. you will never get anywhere with that - it is nothing, nothing". This drove me to confront him, telling him to mind his own business and leave me alone. So far so good. I'm 39 and haven't had this kind of experience since high school. This guy is definitely arch-nemesis material.
  • KathyRed07
    Options
    White Russians :laugh: .....Had to give them up - but they were soooo good.

Bread is another downfall for me - I have been trying to stay away from it as much as I can.
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    When strength training I rest 3 to 5 minutes between sets. There is this guy at the gym who is obsessed with it. It's like it drives him crazy just to be in the same room as me. He is constantly teasing me and just recently got very aggressive where he basically yelled at me "3 minutes that is just ridiculous. you will never get anywhere with that - it is nothing, nothing". This drove me to confront him, telling him to mind his own business and leave me alone. So far so good. I'm 39 and haven't had this kind of experience since high school. This guy is definitely arch-nemesis material.
    Congratulations on being so close to your goal... Tell him that your cardiologist said you had to rest 3 to 5 minutes between sets or you risk another heart attack... Little white lies help to shut the door on the rude, butting in jerks of the world...
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on being so close to your goal... Tell him that your cardiologist said you had to rest 3 to 5 minutes between sets or you risk another heart attack... Little white lies help to shut the door on the rude, butting in jerks of the world...

Well, that's the nice way to handle it.
    My first thought was to tell the jerk you pay the same membership he does so back off. LOL
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    That would be my advice... My actual reaction would have been to ask him, "The Window or the Door..." if he looked at me stupidly or asked what? I would have added, "How do you plan to leave, the window or the door..." Works for my buddy Alex... 6'4" and 500 lbs.

Well, that's the nice way to handle it.
    My first thought was to tell the jerk you pay the same membership he does so back off. LOL
  • cal_73
    cal_73 Posts: 77
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. I think we are good now - no eye contact at all since the confrontation.

As far as food goes.... Peanut butter! I could eat a whole jar full easily :)
  • Yes....few of them for this gal!......(desserts orchocolates) and....bread!!! main ones! ...I should drink more waters too and less sodium too! Holidays are not easy for most folks!.............with Thanksgiving Day! that will make it extra diffcult! but...will get back ontrack...in few days!.....
  • seedawg23
    seedawg23 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Look at you being proactive! I need to get my sodium down too. Sugar, carbs, and sodium tend to be hairy issues for me. So much so I just stopped tracking sugar cause I was tired of facing the music. What's crazy to me is I''ve cut bread, and sweets nearly completely out my diet. But I know my love affair with fruit doesn't quite support my cause. Good luck with getting the desired results with cutting your sodium. Just make sure your food is enjoyable. You deserve it!!! Try cooking with herbs and onions, and bell peppers, etc. Gotta get some flavor from somewhere.
  • cstexas2012
    cstexas2012 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Also peanut butter. I can't control myself.
  • mjbell642
    mjbell642 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    BREAD BASKETS... garlic bread, fresh bread, bread sticks, fresh rolls.....
  • libbymcbain
    libbymcbain Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Anything with white flour in it- cake, naan bread, french bread, pasta. And white sugar too.

Snowy white devils.
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Sugar for me too, its so hard to give up. I can't stand all sugar replacements including stevia.

I'm very fortunately to detest salt.
  • Ibelievenme2
    Ibelievenme2 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Any carbs and fat. They call me by name.
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    The women at the shop car park Who opened her car door and scratched the paint off mine she said she would pay for it, got quotes today, $734 australian, and she isnt returning my calls !!! grrrrr
  • aeschman
    Options
    A good book - I ignore everything and never make it to the gym, even though I love the gym! Hours just fly by as the Kindle pages turn.
  • Prisme
    Prisme Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Mmmm butter. Butter on toast, sweet potatoes, green beans, crackers. Mmmm butter.