Why I am NOT AFRAID of Thanksgiving

Options

Replies

• Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Since the Thanksgiviing meal usually is SO big, I try to eat light so most my calories will come from that meal. It's just a little planning. It's only one day. You know it's coming, you know what food will be there. It's YOUR choice! Just make the better choices :tongue: I'm going to enjoy every bite :bigsmile:
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I didn't balloon up to 250 because I ate too much on Thanksgiving, it was because I became a couch potato's couch potato and ate too much almost everyday.

I'm hitting the gym in the morning and following with a bike ride, then I'm going to say quick add of calories, 3500 and be done with it...if I'm wrong, who cares? I'll get back on track Friday and enjoy my family (okay, my wife's family) and the NFL tomorrow.

Good post MFP friend!

"a couch potato's couch potato"--best description EVER!
    and an excellent plan for not freaking out!
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I'm hitting the treadmill tonight while my apple bread is baking (cause I overslept today), then gettin with it again in the am. Then, I'm eat whatever the heck I want to for thanksgiving lunch tomorrow before work. I'll chart it, I'll not worry, and I'll pick up where I left off on friday.

I aint skeered.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    It's obvious you haven't read the threads about why people are afraid of Thanksgiving..

I've read enough. I'm a big girl so it's not like I don't have room to talk. I chose to make a change in my life and I choose to not make one day out to be armagedon

I have read a bunch of the threads too (without comment). Everyone needs to do what THEY personally can live with, just like everyone needs to find their own way of dealing with eating and exercising the other 364 (365 in leap year) days of the year. I like the OP's positive take on it.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    it really isn't different than any other day. you have your protein, carbs, veggies and dessert. just don't eat the whole damn table and you're fine.
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    EAT ALL THE THINGSSSSS! But seriously, I hit the gym 5-6 days a week.. Hard. One day of going all Paula Dean up in this place isn't going to put weight back on. I Know exactly why I gained in the past. from inactivity and poor diet over an extended period of time. So bring on some buttery roasted garlic mashed potatoes and I will be back in the gym Friday.
  • Tunia85
    Tunia85 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I am so tired of seeing all these posts about being afraid. You have control of your own destiny people!!!

I am doing a Jazzercise class in the morning. I'm using MFP to plan what I'm eating ahead of time and sticking to that. I'm also planning to take a walk after Thanksgiving dinner. Then I PLAN to do another Jazzercise class Friday morning.... notice the theme here.... PLAN AHEAD!!!

Done with my rant.... That is all!

tumblr_lwss6niq5D1qe5cn6o6_250.gif

Made my day! Super cute!
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Screw planning, one day is not going to kill me. I'm going to eat whatever I want, and however much I want and I'm not going to think twice about it. I just won't do it again till next thanksgiving!!!
  • Ibelievenme2
    Ibelievenme2 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am not afraid of thanksgiving because all you have to do is eyeball it and make sure you don't go over your serving. I will not eat til dinner, but I will get my water in. I will do my exercise. So no I am not afraid.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I'm not fearing Thanksgiving because I know one day of bad eating won't undo my progress. I also plan on going for a nice long run in the morning. Burn off some calories and help peak my appetite- win win!
  • willwillywilson
    Options
    I'm just having turkey, green beans, and fake mashed potatoes made from ground up cauliflower. No biggy and still mostly Thanksgivingish.
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    I'm doing nothing of what your doing, and I'm still "not afraid". I guess I've had enough stuff happen in my life, that a fat turkey dinner won't/doesn't have me shaking in my boots. I will agree though, the post's about "fear" are a little tired and boring-some. Whatever.
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I will be eating ALL da foooooooodsssss!!!!!!!

And you aren't AFRAID!!!

eeeexactly. :-D

^^^this^^^ I actually didn;t do bad last year. I ate everything I wanted and was only 900 cals over.plus I do all the cooking, so I'm betting I break even. T-day is my favorite holiday. Food, Family, Friends & did I mention food. :-)
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I will be eating ALL da foooooooodsssss!!!!!!!

And you aren't AFRAID!!!

eeeexactly. :-D

^^^this^^^

So full of win here^^
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I have already pre-logged most of my diary for tomorrow so, I am not scared. So what, I went over. One day will not kill me or make me gain 10 pounds.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I will be skipping my workout and consuming Turkey, squash dressing, green bean casserole, and homemade chocolate pie--like my Mammy used to make.
    But I do have weapons readily available in case my house is attacked by ninjas, zombies, clowns, or rabid squirrels.
  • MZHARLEM
    Options
    I will eat just like every1 else, minus the exercise.I am eating at family's house and will gladly bring along my trusty measuring cup, so I can measure what I am eating & will be skipping a big breakfast(just coffee and 5 sugars will be enough)..#IAMNEVASCURRED!
  • SnakeDarling
    SnakeDarling Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat, drink, and be merry!

In moderation. Of course! :)

And maybe do a little exersizes
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I will be skipping my workout and consuming Turkey, squash dressing, green bean casserole, and homemade chocolate pie--like my Mammy used to make.
    But I do have weapons readily available in case my house is attacked by ninjas, zombies, clowns, or rabid squirrels.

At least you know what's important...I've dealt with those rabid squirrels..they make zombies and ninjas look like cabbage patch kids. Be afraid...be very afraid.
  • paperhawk
    paperhawk Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Just another day, either eat on plan or not. I've been averaging 1700 to 2000 cals a day for weeks now. Thats a lot of turkey.