How is everyone dealing with the holidays ???

Options
With Thanksgiving tomorrow and Christmas around the corner how is everyone dealing with the slew of calorie dense food?What is your strategy for the season ?

Replies

• Josephina57
    Josephina57 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    not well at all. :(
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    That's two epic meals, and one night of drunkenness. I'm looking forward to it.
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    eat-all-the-food.jpg
  • dammuggle
    dammuggle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm really considering skipping on Thanksgiving food, I don't know if I will be able to control myself if I show up to dinner. I have been doing so well.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    The way I deal with the slew of calorie-dense food is to eat it.
  • sarahisme18
    Options
    I'm really considering skipping on Thanksgiving food, I don't know if I will be able to control myself if I show up to dinner. I have been doing so well.

:brokenheart:

That is the saddest thing I've ever heard.
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    No offense, but your making 2 days sound like it's a two month long marathon of food.

MFP is starting to feel like "F.A." (food anonymous)

Hi, my name is Joseph, and I have a problem with Thanksgiving.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Why only one night of drunkenness?
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    potatoes... yummmm.....
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    No offense, but your making 2 days sound like it's a two month long marathon of food.

^^^FA is actually a real thing !!! LOL
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    To help deal with it, I bought a big pumpkin cheesecake. And then I'm going to eat it.

263631_10151318644840395_1882568909_n.jpg
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options

Why only one night of drunkenness?

you caught me. one month of drunkenness.
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    1. Park 3 miles from where you’re going to visit, then walk there. If it’s your hosting, DON’T EAT.
    2. Don’t sit down; you burn more calories standing, so stand the entire time.
    3. Drink all the coffee; it speeds up your metabolism.
    4. Drink your coffee super cold.
    5. If there is children there, pick them up and throw them, strengthens core and burns calories.
    6. Before you eat do 5 sets of 100 air squats.
    7. Eat with your most repulsive family member, if you’re it, hold a mirror watching yourself.
    8. Don’t eat the turkey, it’s been proven to make people fat.
    9. Deprive yourself of everything you want, when the hunger kicks in and the binging starts, DRINK WATER.
    10. Most importantly, whatever you do. Don’t enjoy yourself;

Psychology for rule 10
    No one in their right mind would enjoy themselves with friends and family on a day we’re supposed to be grateful. It’s more important to worry and occupy your mind with very petty and insignificant thoughts. If I feel I ate something that I am not supposed to, I like to feel super depressed and wallow in my own self-pity.

^^^^THIS OMG.
  • sarahisme18
    Options

^ hahaha.

Can I just point out that there is actually a correlation between a) how much a person is restricting their calories and b) how much anxiety they have over thanksgiving? Just check those diaries people....

It goes like this:

MFP-ers on 1200 or lower calories are terrified of turkey day.

MFP-ers eating a much healthier diet of a sustainable deficit in calories while allowing themselves to enjoy food are STOKED FOR TURKEY DAY.

Best case scenario, both are losing weight. Worst case scenario, only #2 is losing weight.

So...... why isn't everybody #2????????????

That is all.
  • ThePartyGoblin
    Options
    Here's what I figure: If I do everything right (or at least try really hard to) for the rest of the year, why should I take 2-3 days a year to just relax and enjoy life?
    One 'bad day' won't make me gain back all the weight I've lost, and what's even the point of trying to feel better and get healthy if I never let myself enjoy anything ever again?
    As Emma Stone says, “You’re a human being, you live once and life is wonderful, so eat the damn red velvet cupcake.”
  • EasyComeEasyGo
    Options
    I'm actually looking forward to my Thanksgiving meal and not ashamed to chow down. (: I'll just have to work a little harder for a few days after to stay on track.
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    whiskey.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

^ hahaha.

Can I just point out that there is actually a correlation between a) how much a person is restricting their calories and b) how much anxiety they have over thanksgiving? Just check those diaries people....

It goes like this:

MFP-ers on 1200 or lower calories are terrified of turkey day.

MFP-ers eating a much healthier diet of a sustainable deficit in calories while allowing themselves to enjoy food are STOKED FOR TURKEY DAY.

Best case scenario, both are losing weight. Worst case scenario, only #2 is losing weight.

So...... why isn't everybody #2????????????

That is all.

I bet you you found a sleeping bear, you'd poke it with a stick, wouldn't you?

C'mon, be honest.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options

I literally laughed when I read this.
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I am going to have a meal served to me at my parent's apartment in the dining room of their independent living facility for lunch. Then for dinner I am going to my husband's family get-together and I will watch what I eat and only have small portions of everything. I am going to enjoy being with my family.