Calling all Coconut oil lovers

Options

Replies

• jigglewiggles
    jigglewiggles Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I looked up "oil pulling", I am so gonna try that. This thread motivated me to get some coconut oil, so I went out last night looking for some, and went to 4 different grocery stores, no one had it or even heard of it, ha. So, I'm off to Super Walmart today to try and find it.
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I wished I could lis all the ways and benefits of this wonderful, natural product. read the book "Coconut Cures"
  • Nana_Booboo
    Options
    Just reading how, when ingested, it is one of the only directly absorbed into the cells form of energy, never stored as fat and converted into energy immediately
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I sometimes blend in a tiny amount with coffee on days when. I'm doing IF.
  • Nana_Booboo
    Options
    one thing to know, olive oil loses it's heart healthy benefits when heated. Coconut oil never does. ")
  • Nana_Booboo
    Options
    add me if you like and won't get tired of a daily reason to use coconut oil. Ok, maybe not daily.")
  • susanfisher
    susanfisher Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi, Would love for you to add me. I would like to learn more about this, I will check out the book you spoke of. Thanks for the info.
  • jigglewiggles
    jigglewiggles Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    When you put the coconut oil on your skin, do you mix it with anything, or just straight from the jar?
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    When you put the coconut oil on your skin, do you mix it with anything, or just straight from the jar?
    ive done it both ways - straight from the jar and mixed with jojoba oil and cocoa butter
  • dancerom
    dancerom Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    You've got me... I started with it in my tea... Delicious. In my Casein before bed shake instead of milk with dome cocoa powder... Mmmmhhh.. Bounty...!
    And today I came back to oil pulling (did it years ago with sunflower oil). Feels good and let's see how it goes on! Thanks for indpiring me!
  • HayleyHat
    Options
    Big coconut oil fan here! I put it in coffee, use it in foods, for oil pulling, as a deep conditioner for my hair, as a general moisturiser, as a make-up remover... I even use it as nappy rash cream for my daughter! :)

I have a lot of allergies, and when they flare up I use coconut oil as an eye cream and dab some inside my nostrils. The sneezing/nose bleeds and itchy eyes clear up overnight.

My mum feeds coconut oil to her dogs - they all have a spoonful once a day. It's great for their coat and skin.
  • NakeshiaB
    NakeshiaB Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I cook pancakes with it rather than using butter. Also use it in stir fry and many curries when cooking meat. I use it as a moisturiser everyday, a make up remover, in my hair, on dry lips and a massage oil. Best. stuff. ever.
  • mightdomightnot
    mightdomightnot Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Nutritionalist started my daughter on straight up 3TBS a day to correct thyroid and insulin resistance so I began researching it. Found out a ton of information. The book "Coconut Cure" is very helpful. A tsp in tea or coffee 20 minutes before meals aids in weight loss by decreasing cravings, correcting metabolism. I've personally experienced the decrease in cravings. It does so much more and I have some info on my profile.

wow! I've struggled with thyroid problems for years and have read a tiny bit about coconut oil but didn't know all of this....I'm going to get some today! Thank you for posting this. FR sent :)
  • nswezey89
    nswezey89 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Coconut butter grilled cheese is the best !!!!
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Pamelaniamh
    Pamelaniamh Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I'm in Australia and I buy it in from:

www.naturepacific.com

I buy 5 litres at a time and it works out half the price of store bought.

Hope this helps.

The other oils I use are Macadamia and Avocado.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I cook ONLY with it now. Have done so for about 4 months now. I get it bulk & cheap. 1ltr bottles & I get 4 at a time. I love it & it's wonderful as a butter instead of butter on toasties.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-x-1L-COCONUT-OIL-ORGANIC-EXTRA-VIRGIN-COLDPRESSED-FIJI-/290787987979?pt=AU_Body_Care&hash=item43b450920b

$18.50 per bottle if got single. Brilliant price. Direct from the ppl who make it.
  • Allyice
    Allyice Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I make a bath scrub by mixing it with sugar. My skin feels so amazing afterwards and its a fraction of the price of other skin scrubs.
  • mishtery
    mishtery Posts: 148
    Options
    heard about it but haven't tried it. So now, think it is on my shopping list tomorrow. thanks!
  • lkcuts
    lkcuts Posts: 224
    Options
    I watched a documentary once that a female doctor's husband was diagnosed with altzheimers (spelling). he could not draw a clock for the time and was in the later stages. she started feeding him natural coconut in everything and in 30 days he showed progress. Could carry on regular conversations and draw the clock with the time on it again. She noted that it brought him back out of the problems of the crippling disease. She is hoping they can find the properties that did that from the coconut oil and reproduce them in a pill form. Who would have guessed?