It's Thanksgiving and I can't eat...

Options
and I don't know why.

This started Tuesday, everytime I ate something I felt nauseous. (no, I am not pregnant) I would get an upset stomach, really bad cramps and within an hour be running to the bathroom. Yesterday, I didn't eat hardly anything because I worked a hell-a long day at work and couldn't have those issues there. This morning, I woke up starving and made myself a delicious breakfast to savor, and had to throw over half of it away because I started to feel ill. What the hell is wrong with me?? I have been looking forward to all the yummies coming my way today, and now this!

Replies

• prairiedawg2014
    Options
    touch of flu maybe? tis the season
  • madskizzls
    Options
    turkey has a chemical in it(wild or store bought) that makes you sleepy, can't explain the cramps and nausea though..
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    and I don't know why.

This started Tuesday, everytime I ate something I felt nauseous. (no, I am not pregnant) I would get an upset stomach, really bad cramps and within an hour be running to the bathroom. Yesterday, I didn't eat hardly anything because I worked a hell-a long day at work and couldn't have those issues there. This morning, I woke up starving and made myself a delicious breakfast to savor, and had to throw over half of it away because I started to feel ill. What the hell is wrong with me?? I have been looking forward to all the yummies coming my way today, and now this!

See your physician.
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I had a nasty stomach virus a couple of weeks ago. Felt queasy 24/7. Ate lots of soup, ginger ale & pretzels. Timing really stinks. Hooe you feel better.

Have you tried Pepto Bismol or Emitrol?
  • abasmom
    Options
    you may have a stomach bug or something of the sorts...if it continues I would def see a doc. I hope you get to enjoy SOMETHING today :) FEEL BETTER:cry:
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    and I don't know why.

See your physician.

THIS^^
  • LeeDahlen38
    LeeDahlen38 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY see your (or "a") Dr. when I had this it was Gallbladder.. But there are SOOOOOOO many things it could be like Diverticulitus, Ulcers, IBS, please..... Get this checked!!
  • Trudyr777
    Trudyr777 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    touch of flu maybe? tis the season

UGH!! I feel fine otherwise, no headache, no body aches. It only happens when I eat.
  • Trudyr777
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY see your (or "a") Dr. when I had this it was Gallbladder.. But there are SOOOOOOO many things it could be like Diverticulitus, Ulcers, IBS, please..... Get this checked!!

Oh wow!! Geeze, I had no idea. Guess who I am calling in the morning?
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    and I don't know why.

See your physician.

THIS^^

+1
  • ltkasmala
    ltkasmala Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    The sleepy time chemical mentioned is Tryptophan... an amino acide that is known to assist in sleep! I don't think it makes you sick at your stomach, however! I've noticed now that I have de-toxed off a lot of foods that I have suddenly consumed while my daughter is visiting that the other night I literally thought I was going to need a visit to the ER! Obviously, my body doesn't like a lot of junk any more! Any idea if you have eaten something you haven't had in a while that maybe your system is rebelling against? If not, I agree with the advice of seeing your doctor, particularly if this persists for more than a week!
  • falcon367
    Options

^^^ THIS
  • olliekat3
    olliekat3 Posts: 1,764 Member
    Options
    Are you eating alot of diary products. That sounds like what I feel like when I eat diary, and I am lactose intolerant. If it keeps it up you sound see a Doctor.

Lynn
  • Trudyr777
    Options
    The sleepy time chemical mentioned is Tryptophan... an amino acide that is known to assist in sleep! I don't think it makes you sick at your stomach, however! I've noticed now that I have de-toxed off a lot of foods that I have suddenly consumed while my daughter is visiting that the other night I literally thought I was going to need a visit to the ER! Obviously, my body doesn't like a lot of junk any more! Any idea if you have eaten something you haven't had in a while that maybe your system is rebelling against? If not, I agree with the advice of seeing your doctor, particularly if this persists for more than a week!

I haven't had any turkey yet! :-) I haven't been eating bad i.e. junk, but I haven't been eatlng a lot either. I made grilled salmon and rice pilaf the other night for dinner and I thought it was going to kill me. This morning, I made scrambled eggs with a little bit of cheese and some ham in them. Within 3 bites, I was feeling ill.
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options

This is actually not true... there's not a high enough dosage of tryptophan in turkey to have this effect on you. Only pure high doses have a sedative effect. What actually makes you sleep after a huge holiday meal is a large portion of your blood rushing to your midsection (and away from your head) and also an increase in your body temperature as your body begins to process a large (usually carb-heavy) meal. The combination of these two effects will make you drowsy (and alcohol will help too if you imbibe at the holidays).
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,124 Member
    Options
    and I don't know why.

See your physician.

I agree. This sounds a lot like gallbladder issues. Get an actual diagnosis before it becomes an emergency situation.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    It's time for a call to the doctor's office.

Even though losing weight and getting in shape is ultimatel better for your body, lifestyle changes and weight changes can often reveal otherwise undiagnosed conditions.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with the posters saying see your doctor as it could be any number of things, but I gotta ask, is it nerves? Nothing like the Tuesday before Thanksgiving (grocery shopping and planning) to bring on the stress of the impending season. An upset stomach and all that is associated with it can happen. Maybe go for a walk to spend some alone time and try to relax as much as possible?
  • Really see your doctor asap,best wishes!!
  • Trudyr777
    Options
    I totally agree with the posters saying see your doctor as it could be any number of things, but I gotta ask, is it nerves? Nothing like the Tuesday before Thanksgiving (grocery shopping and planning) to bring on the stress of the impending season. An upset stomach and all that is associated with it can happen. Maybe go for a walk to spend some alone time and try to relax as much as possible?

I guess anything is possible. But, I am not any more stressed than normal. Not cooking dinner today, going to a friends house. But the holidays do bring that extra stuff that no one wants to deal with. I will call my doc in the AM just to be sure.